Red Dead Redemption

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Coming up quick. 5/18 for NA, 5/21 for Europe+Australia

PS3 and sexbox 360

So, what say you lifestream.net? Contender or pretender? I'm ready to start my posse, hunt cows, cross the border and screw around in Mexico.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's going to be one of the bestsellers of the year, I'm sure. However, I don't think it'll become as big as a title as GTA, seeing that that one's less romantic and more actual and some other reasons I can't formulate atm.

But I wants it, :monster:.

One thing I do fear about this game though is that it might be grind. Think Borderlands. Of course, I could be wrong - I'm pretty sure the missions will be more original than the common 'Kill X of Y' things.

But I don't know if that will still be the case in multiplayer.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I wants it so bad suh

Multiplayer alone looks awesome, and I love old western action movies with badass protagonists.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
No PC release? I'll probably have to hire it on the ps3.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
No PC release? I'll probably have to hire it on the ps3.

I think it's safe to assume these days that there will be either no PC release, a PC release six months after the release, a shitty PC port, or all of the above.

i.e. I need to get my holiday moolah and that raise and spend money on a new TV and media center PC and various consoles and games and waste all my free time on that :monster:.

Ghost X

Its bound to be probably as good as GTA4, and I probably should have bought GTA4, but I didn't, so I dunno if I'll buy this one either :P.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
People are saying this game has 2x the landmass of GTA San Andreas.

Holy shit.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
People are saying this game has 2x the landmass of GTA San Andreas.

Holy shit.

Landmass is actually pretty easy to create (just fire up Terragen and have at it). Filling it with enough content without it being boring, that's the difficult part :monster:. GTA:SA had 3 major cities, each one filled with buildings and the like. I expect this game's landmass to be made up of empty hills and the occasional settlement, camp, and such things. So it'll be easier to create such a landmass.

Also, Oblivion and Morrowind were larger, :monster:. I think. 16 square miles for the latter, against 4 for GTA:SA. If I'm getting the figures right. Of course, you can move a lot faster in the latter, so I might be completely off here.

Of course, 2 times (wouldn't that be 4 times, perhchance, in total surface?) will feel like a lot more if you don't have fast cars and such to cross it with.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Thanks for pointing out the obvious there chief.

I hate rockstar for the fact they make games that look badass, I love everything they show, everything looks awesome, but then when I actually play them I loose interest insanely fast

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I hate rockstar for the fact they make games that look badass, I love everything they show, everything looks awesome, but then when I actually play them I loose interest insanely fast

^. I had to struggle through San Andreas, eventually going into mission grind mode, and didn't even finish IV.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
imho this is the best thing Rockstar has done. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So yeah, I pretty much love this game. Needs and assload of DLC.

Dalik

Not Your World Anymore.
I just got it, this game is pretty fucking awesome. I need some people to play online with though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Alex, Kimble and I play together every now and then.

I've been raping gang hideouts for lvl ups

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Just got my rental of this in yesterday but will keep a hold of it for a while. Dl'ed the DLC already but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Anyone with this should get on and play :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I enjoy the co-op missions muchly

will try to be online tonight

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
God, is anyone else playing online? I need a partner that isn't a tard for co-op

Top Bottom