Red Leather - The Genesis Fanclub

Welcome to Red Leather
The Genesis Fanclub
CCFF7__Srsly_stop_that____by_meru_chan.png

(I love this picture and I don't know why)

Rules:​

None. Seriously, just talk about Genesis. Good, bad, opinions are welcome no matter what they are because it makes for more interesting discussion.​

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm going to join too, of course.

Thanks for the kiss. :monster:

I didn't like Genesis at first, but he really grew on me. <3 I love that picture too, btw. So. Cute.

Early shots and videos of Crisis Core I saw I thought he was a girl. I also thought he was some Turk-like Shinra higher up. He still looks kind of like a girl, but also smexy so I don't mind.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=260.msg6173#msg6173 date=1231202554]
Hi there! Just passing by, but i wanted to offer you all a kiss from Genesis...

b6a0026de538536227a022de2e681980_fu.jpg

[/quote]

Sign me up^_^

Oh an Q and A: What does it say on Genesis sword when he "fires" it up?

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
Im in, folks.

Never thought of Genesis as smexy/handsome character, but he`s def a very intriguing one.
I cant wait to find out what his connetcion with DG was all about.
And also the Loveless ending... I think he is the one who`s going to "write" that missing part.

Do you guys think he actually stopped degrading, or that he was just put in some kind of sleep that prevented it from continuing?

Are you actually asking the question about him "firing" up the sword? :monster: Cause he makes it has fire. :duhard:

spirit_chaser

Pro Adventurer
He sealed himself in a cave... In Dirge secret ending it doesnt look like he`s still degrading.

He said that he was going to awake only when the planet is in danger.
This is all very confusing to me :-\

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
After the battle with Genesis Avatar, Genesis's hair is no longer white and the signs of degradation had vanished, wich leads me to believe that Genesis' degradation has stopped after he absorbed the power of the Godess Materia.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The Goddess Materia were the 7 materia you need to open that door at the end, not the one before the fight with Genesis.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
When I said 'one' before, that sounds like I'm saying that the globe is a materia as well. Which I'm not, because I don't know that and it's never been called such to my knowledge :monster:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Actually, it is implied in CC Perfect Guide that the Red Globe is indeed a piece of Materia.

The Red Globe (p. 275)

A huge red globe held within the bows of a giant tree growing in the Banora underground were light breaks through the cave ceiling. Genesis unexpectedly found this type of materia, and during his “reproduction of LOVELESS” he established that it was “The Gift of the Goddess”. It’s environment is engulfed with the Lifestream, and the power it grants to Genesis can be seen, but the fine details of this process are unknown

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=260.msg6280#msg6280 date=1231250983]

Are you actually asking the question about him "firing" up the sword? :monster: Cause he makes it has fire. :duhard:
[/quote]

No :monster: I'm asking what is written on the sword as he is firing up :monster: Look at it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Genesis has been cured of his degradation and in a sense finally got his wish after terrorizing the world enough :monster:

I really love how he went from being a terrible villain to actually finding a pseudo-redemption thanks to Zack. It was pretty interesting. I definitely love his character.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
*joins* I like Genesis, mostly because he is somewhat a villain but not really. On top of that he quotes literature at people. Which adds up to amazing. And that's a good point about the pseudo-redemption courtesy of Zack. I wouldn't call it a redemption so much as a redirection of what his mission is. That said though I'm curious as to what he did after he flew away at the end of DoC...

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I was formulating my response to something on Angeal's fanclub, when this came out of me.

I thought I'd cut 'n paste to here...

Discussion?:

I wonder who Genesis' real mother is; remember, he was infused with Jenova cells via Gillian's cells when he was an embryo, so he was already forming. Angeal got the Jenova cells through Gillian when he was conceived in her womb with Hollander. Sephiroth got Jenova cells straight from Jenova when he was forming in his mother's womb... Ha! I think it would be awesome if Genesis and Sephiroth were at least half-brotherss. I don't think Lucrecia would have been involved, but perhaps some egg cells were gathered by a random woman (or Lucrecia, herself!) and Genesis was a test tube baby? And, come on, Hojo's nuts enough.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Why would Hollander have any of Lucrecia's egg cells?

Hojo hates Hollander and would never share with him anything from his experiment. Furthermore, Genesis came before Sephiroth, so Lucrecia wouldn't have Jenova cells at that time because it wasn't until Project G had finished that Hojo did Project S, which created Sephiroth.

So they can't be half brothers.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=260.msg6807#msg6807 date=1231455269]
Why would Hollander have any of Lucrecia's egg cells?

Hojo hates Hollander and would never share with him anything from his experiment. Furthermore, Genesis came before Sephiroth, so Lucrecia wouldn't have Jenova cells at that time because it wasn't until Project G had finished that Hojo did Project S, which created Sephiroth.

So they can't be half brothers.
[/quote]

Agreed, no way they are related. Hojo would never tell Hollander anything regaurding how Sephiroth was created. He may tell everyone else since you know, it's Hojo for god sake.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=260.msg6807#msg6807 date=1231455269]So they can't be half brothers.[/quote]

Ooops. ;D My bad. :P You're right; I didn't think this one totally through. Sorry.

Though remember, Genesis got his inheritence from Gillian, not from his biological mother.

(Yeah, I know, I can remember that part!)

[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=260.msg6837#msg6837 date=1231476475]... He may tell everyone else since you know, it's Hojo for god sake.[/quote]

;D And remember, Hojo's a genuis! ;D

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
[quote author=Arianna link=topic=260.msg6842#msg6842 date=1231483542]
;D And remember, Hojo's a genuis! ;D
[/quote]

And an humble one, too!

It's not like he screams "I'm a Genius! A Genius!" every five minutes in DOC! :monster:

Top Bottom