[/quote]

Hojo a genuis as Genesis is to singing :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=260.msg6371#msg6371 date=1231283234]
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=260.msg6280#msg6280 date=1231250983]

Are you actually asking the question about him "firing" up the sword? :monster: Cause he makes it has fire. :duhard:
[/quote]

No :monster: I'm asking what is written on the sword as he is firing up :monster: Look at it.
[/quote]

It's random markings. They don't have a meaning and cannot be read.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=260.msg19111#msg19111 date=1234900295]
[quote author=sephirothpaine link=topic=260.msg6371#msg6371 date=1231283234]
[quote author=Balthea link=topic=260.msg6280#msg6280 date=1231250983]

Are you actually asking the question about him "firing" up the sword? :monster: Cause he makes it has fire. :duhard:
[/quote]

No :monster: I'm asking what is written on the sword as he is firing up :monster: Look at it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

oh, I was hoping for an easter egg :monster:

mollymillions

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I'd love to be in. He's one of my favorites, even if he wasn't at first.

I didn't like Genesis at first, but he really grew on me.

That's what happened with me. I think my opinion changed a bit gradually as I got more into Crisis Core.

VivaLaValenwind

Moogle Hunter
AKA
VictoriaValentine, SirYab
I'm invading! Can i join the club~~?! Question for you all, how many of you are actually gackt fans? :O I was really suprised to see that Genesis really did look like Gackt with different hair :D

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Tetsujin said:
sephirothpaine said:
Balthea said:

I haven't been here in a long time... Forgive my absense.

The markings look similar to runes, which are Norse; but, not exactly. I don't think they are intentionally meant to mean anything.

I thought similar with the script used to call forth summons, because it looks very close to Demotic*/Arabic. I am not sure, but - interesting 'coincidence'...

*Demotic is the 'everyday' use of and/or 'cursive' form of Ancient Egyptian. It was the more mundane use of the hieroglyphs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowing Ice

Pro Adventurer
Must revive this, for great Loveless justice!! Okay, Genesis jsut so happens to be another villain type I love..Poetic..and jsut..oozing with..appeal. *giggles* He could read me into his arms.

Silver Soul
... Well, it has been a while since i've been here. Took me a while to find this, since AdventChildren.net went down for a very long time - but what matters now is the present!

I'd love to be apart of the Genesis Fanclub (again).

Heh, and i've just recently done a fanfiction. You know when Gillian Hewley tells Zack that Genesis came back to Banora with an army of cohorts? Well... I present to you - Bloodlines & Dumb Apples!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5090319/1/Bloodlines_Dumb_Apples

Be warned, it's one of my more violent fanfictions. You want an example? There's a massacre, children are killed, and there's quite a bit of blood/gore - as well as the odd verbal abuse. Aside from that - enjoy!

Lightning

AKA
CrimsonLight
Heh, and i've just recently done a fanfiction. You know when Gillian Hewley tells Zack that Genesis came back to Banora with an army of cohorts? Well... I present to you - Bloodlines & Dumb Apples!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5090319/1/Bloodlines_Dumb_Apples

Be warned, it's one of my more violent fanfictions. You want an example? There's a massacre, children are killed, and there's quite a bit of blood/gore - as well as the odd verbal abuse. Aside from that - enjoy!

:awesome:

Makes me think that it's exactly what happened. :monster:

Why was Sephiroth tragic? Just because you're a corporate super-soldier pumped full of strength-enhancing chemicals and modified DNA, it doesn't mean you have to go around massacring innocent villagers. Does Captain America do that?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I cringe slightly less hearing someone talk about Sephiroth, which I suppose is a response to tragedy.
how so? i think when people look at what sephiroth did they disregard his origin of mind shatter when he found out about himself.

Why was Sephiroth tragic? Just because you're a corporate super-soldier pumped full of strength-enhancing chemicals and modified DNA, it doesn't mean you have to go around massacring innocent villagers. Does Captain America do that?
he was tragic, not redeemable or able to be justified. we just can't ignore why he did such things just because his actions were horrible. i feel the same for genesis. it's arguable his story is a 2.0 of seph's but that's slightly another subject.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Captain America is a human, who grew up in America, consented to experiments to combat existing tyrants that threatened the world. None of those things is true of Sephiroth.

I still don't get why he's tragic. I definitely don't see why Genesis would be tragic. We don't know much about Sephiroth's upbringing, but Genesis was raised by parents who loved him. If he went to the bad, that's down to him. Angeal didn't go to the bad. Sephiroth's parentage is only a tragedy because he chooses to see it as one. He could have used his powers for good. He didn't have to go on a rampage massacring totally innocent bystanders, a rampage which result in his own death.

But in another sense, Sephiroth does kind of fit the bill of the classic Tragic Hero, the guy who has it all and loses everything through some failure of judgement on his part, some fundamental weakness of character or understanding. Tragic Heroes are the agents of their own downfall, though.

Reactions: Lex

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I still don't get why he's tragic. I definitely don't see why Genesis would be tragic. We don't know much about Sephiroth's upbringing, but Genesis was raised by parents who loved him. If he went to the bad, that's down to him. Angeal didn't go to the bad. Sephiroth's parentage is only a tragedy because he chooses to see it as one. He could have used his powers for good. He didn't have to go on a rampage massacring totally innocent bystanders, a rampage which result in his own death.

But in another sense, Sephiroth does kind of fit the bill of the classic Tragic Hero, the guy who has it all and loses everything through some failure of judgement on his part, some fundamental weakness of character or understanding. Tragic Heroes are the agents of their own downfall, though.
He found out he's an Ancient, a race wiped out by humans. Why would he continue to be a hero for humans while his mother is locked up in a canister to be scrounched for parts to make more SOLDIER? Yeah, he went whole hog on his switch to enemy of the planet but I don't think he shouldn't care about what he is at all.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I feel like the 'seven days without sleep' part may have contributed to the rampage.

As for Genesis, the 'terminally ill' part is also important. He's dying slowly because of experiments performed on him before he was born, and his whole town, his friends and family, from his perspective are zookeepers assigned to monitor the experiment, rather than really caring about him. That's not true, but it's his perspective.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
angeal wasn't a huge difference from his friends though. he was tempted to follow genesis. he was struggling with his identity. in the end, like his friends, he made a choice. it just didn't involve hurting and/or murdering people. again, because the choices the three of them made, bad or good, doesn't change the origin of their beginning, which is tragic.

i'm curious though, if seph's and genesis' story isn't tragic, what would you call it? maybe unfortunate is the right word?

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
Are stupid headcanons allowed here? I came across this Tweet, and started thinking about if certain characters used social media. I then thought that if Genesis used Instagram or the FFVII equivalent, he would post weird stuff along with random LOVELESS quotes. I can envision someone responding, "Genesis what the fuck" exactly like the Tweet I had linked to.

... I have nothing important to add. This was something that was stuck in my head for like two days and I had to post it.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I pretty much see Genesis using things like Tumblr to make angsty post and aesthetic photo compositions with quotes from Loveless.

Top Bottom