• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Registration and password restore issues

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
This was reported by Mage a few days ago and this morning by Red; sorry I haven't looked into it earlier.

I have been able to reproduce it consistently in both Chrome and Safari, desktop and mobile. The problem is that the webserver returns a HTTP 502 Bad Gateway error when a request to https://thelifestream.net/forums/register/register is being made. I'm looking into it now. May have to do with the redirect maybe, but I'm seeing more people mentioning the issue. WIP

@Addy Carver / @Trainer Red

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ok I've done some digging; there was an error in PHP's error log:

[01-Sep-2018 10:25:32] WARNING: [pool www] child 35575 said into stderr: "php-fpm: pool www: relocation error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_dns.so.2: symbol __resolv_context_get, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

I have no fucking clue what it means, but a googling for a similar issue said to try turning it off and on again, which I just did and it seems to have fixed it.

It's probably due to a shared library having moved or otherwise gone fucky since the system update I did a while ago; while the update was pretty major (~2 years of updates), it didn't ask for a restart and everything seemed fine at first. I guess it broke subtly at a few select code paths, that is, registration and password recovery.

Let me know if you see any more issues. I should set up monitoring so I get pinged whenever there's a new error appearing in the server logs, or something.

Top Bottom