• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Demo Listed on PSN (UPDATE: The Full Intro is on YouTube)

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Someone uploaded the Demo with Japanese VA.

Tbh, I am liking the Japanese VA. Don't understand what they are saying, but it seems like the Subs stays the same even though the Japanese Dub differs from the English Dub... Was hoping for the Eng.Sub to change when changing it to Jap.Dub.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Someone uploaded the Demo with Japanese VA.

Tbh, I am liking the Japanese VA. Don't understand what they are saying, but it seems like the Subs stays the same even though the Japanese Dub differs from the English Dub... Was hoping for the Eng.Sub to change when changing it to Jap.Dub.

Nice find! IMHO this is the best quality recording I've seen so far (well the darker areas of the intro vid are still showing banding issues, but that's more the actual file than the recording....why it wasn't rendered in 4K is beyond me....yes I know that only the PS4 Pro can do 4K....but....well...eh I guess I'll have to hope they have a higher resolution render somewhere and the eventual/possible PS5 re-release or enhanced option doesn't use an upscaled video ala Advent Children Complete).

Regarding the subs, the most likely reason that the subs don't change is because there's only one set of English subtitles in the demo. Perhaps (hopefully) in the full game there will be a set of subs that are a direct translation of the Japanese dub. If not.... maybe we (if enough people make noise about it) can persuade SE to add them via DLC?

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer

Regarding the subs, the most likely reason that the subs don't change is because there's only one set of English subtitles in the demo. Perhaps (hopefully) in the full game there will be a set of subs that are a direct translation of the Japanese dub. If not.... maybe we (if enough people make noise about it) can persuade SE to add them via DLC?
I think it simply boils down to too much 'unnecessary' work (from their perspective).

Edit: Although watching it through, when Biggs names Cloud it really doesn't remotely align with the Japanese VA. So you'd think they MIGHT wanna fix this with a new subtitle localisation? Who knows?

Last edited:

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Nice find! IMHO this is the best quality recording I've seen so far (well the darker areas of the intro vid are still showing banding issues, but that's more the actual file than the recording....why it wasn't rendered in 4K is beyond me....yes I know that only the PS4 Pro can do 4K....but....well...eh I guess I'll have to hope they have a higher resolution render somewhere and the eventual/possible PS5 re-release or enhanced option doesn't use an upscaled video ala Advent Children Complete).

It really is a shame considering the actual ingame stuff looks fantastic in 4K with HDR. One of the cleanest looking games I've seen in quite a while on console.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
A user by the Username Jacien from GF(forums) shared some screenshots of the Camera Distance Settings and the Option to toggle between Compass, Mini-Map and nothing at all.

According to Jacien, you can set the Camera Distance in and out of battle.

Setting 1:

Setting 2:

Setting 3:

----------

And here are the screenshots for the Compass, Mini-Map and Nothing!

Compass:

Mini-Map:

Nothing:

Lex

Administrator
A user by the Username Jacien from GF(forums) shared some screenshots of the Camera Distance Settings and the Option to toggle between Compass, Mini-Map and nothing at all.

According to Jacien, you can set the Camera Distance in and out of battle.

Setting 1:

Setting 2:

Setting 3:

----------

And here are the screenshots for the Compass, Mini-Map and Nothing!

Compass:

Mini-Map:

Nothing:

These options are incredible, I'm so glad they're included. I'll probably change them as I play.

I find I change camera distance in games depending on where I am. I do prefer to be as far away from the character as possible generally though. It's possible it could negatively impact performance.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
These options are incredible, I'm so glad they're included. I'll probably change them as I play.

I find I change camera distance in games depending on where I am. I do prefer to be as far away from the character as possible generally though. It's possible it could negatively impact performance.

No minimap in particular is a good'un, will likely turn that off right away.

Shaun

Lv. 25 Adventurer
It's a shame that it doesn't seem possible to hide the Commands Menu prompt in the bottom left-hand corner too.

Squalionheart

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I still not watch the Demo, but I think to crack my PS4 before I lost all my strenth to not see YouTube video T-T.

I feel like a child that know some kid already play with gifts but that don't know when his/her turn will come ??

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
So apparently in Taipei Game Show (Feb 6th-9th) there will be paid demo booths and I saw this comment on Reddit about this pretty much proving the demo is at least coming after that. What yall think?

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
So apparently in Taipei Game Show (Feb 6th-9th) there will be paid demo booths and I saw this comment on Reddit about this pretty much proving the demo is at least coming after that. What yall think?
Oh god, I hope so. I've watched the demo on YouTube, but it'll be a different experience to play it yourself. That's a comment on Reddit, though, so I'll take it with a grain of salt unless someone can confirm the comment was made by a reputable source. I won't hold my breath.

Reactions: Ite
Top Bottom