• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah but a large part of the promotional campaign for a Final Fantasy game is usually about showing us the world and characters. They don't have to really do that so much with this.

We only really need to see the battle mechanics, the main characters, and then a quick explanation of how the overworld works (e.g complete openworld or segmented with loading screens) and that will pretty much do. At least for people who've played the original.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Well Square doesn't want to spend that much on marketing. They just think it's generally in their interest to do so.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So they're going to have even more people chomping at the bit to ride along on the VII-R hype train. That stuff takes time to hammer out, whether it's a model of Cloud's bike by Harley Daytona, or Cloud's dress as designed by Balenciaga. : /
Vivienne Westwood again for the dress. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Their operating income projections require over 10 million sales of a $60 game.

I haven't heard any alternative way that could possibly happen except FF7 remake. No way would they have those projections for an Avengers game they haven't even shown yet.

Give in and let the hype take you.

So I have taken a closer look at that income projection thing that people have been getting hyped up about and two things stand out to me:

People expecting something big in Q3 of fiscal year 2020 (which would be Oct - Dec this year) based on misreading FY2020/3 which means fiscal year ending in March, not Q3 of that FY.
Secondly, people thinking Square Enix expects a spike in income because of one big title.
This is not so much a forecast or expectation but a mid-term target that they set for themselves about 2 - 3 years back. This amount of sales etc is something they hope to achieve on a consistent basis by the end of FY2020/3 going forward through "natural growth" and all that rather than them expecting a sudden spike due to a single title for that particular year.
Whether that goal will be met by that point is another question of course. :monster:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Just seems like for the debut of this new service, Playstation might want to try and throw something big in there. Final Fantasy VII Remake news would fit nicely, and promise of more to come would surely assist in gaining a regular viewership.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I guess I got excited with their promise to "showcase upcoming PS4 and PS VR software, including new trailers, new game announcements and new gameplay footage."

This information drought has been a rough one.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
That's what I'm hung up on. "New" gives me the impression of games that haven't already been announced. The PS4 still has a few years left in it's lifespan given how well it's performed.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
It's the "new gameplay footage" that I'm hung up on. That's probably the thing I am most curious about for the Remake.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
The timing to too random. If this was closer to E3 then it would be more plausible, but even then I think it would be in Square's own showcase.

Luneyes

Rookie Adventurer
The Switch port of FFVII is going to release this Tuesday, just one day after the Playstation event.
If they announce anything related to FFVII:R at this event, it may boosts sales of the port because of nostalgia...
Remember how the PS4 sales jumped when the Remake was first announced?
It could be a good thing for them to share any news about the development, in my opinion. Even if they don't show much, people will still get hyped.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
The comment about announcements leading up to E3 was in the context of the yearly income, meaning it would have to be release date announcements, rather than just announcements that they're working on it.

Top Bottom