• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
The last time they did a classic world map in FF9, they did a lot to make that world feel alive just by looking. I feel like they can build upon that.

And yeah, if they get the Highwind bit right, I can see them being less ambivalent about airships going forward, given the shelved plans they had in 12....

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I could see them doing some variation on an open world, but where you can only go to certain locations. Even in the original game, you couldn't land anywhere.

But man. If they DID make some gigantic world, I would be over the moon. Can you imagine landing the Highwind and then running out, down a dock, climbing into the submarine, and then exploring the ocean depths? Shit, that would be everything.

...But I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. Midgar looks great. I'll focus on that.

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
@solo player sab I've never been more jealous of another human being
@solo player sab I'm with @Keveh Kins – I'm unbelievably happy for you. That's AWESOME.

X:neo:

Thank you guys :sob: It was a dream seeing FFVII at the front and center of everything at E3. I’ll share more pics when I get home!

Given the random tie up with Arby's (unless Arby's is just weird) I wonder if they can do what they did with Audi for FFXV and get Harley Davidson to build the Hardy Daytona (or even the other bikes shown in the trailer).

Speaking of Arby’s...has this already been shared?

http://instagr.am/p/Byjbqaeh09h/

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
So the things being said today has been pretty enlightening.

I have been driving the bandwagon train of hype for this game since the beginning. A lot of people have jumped off, but I stayed. (I had to take over when, sadly, the conductor was one of the ones to jump off ?) lol.

But seriously, nothing thus far has dampened my hype at all. Today didn’t really dampen my hype either, but it did concern me a tad. I don’t know if any of you ever watch the “Night Sky Prince” on Youtube, but he was going over some of the things said today and one of those was that Square (I believe Nomura) said that he didn’t anticipate the other games in the remake taking much less development time than the first.

This bothers me for many reasons. One, the game was announced in 2015. It’ll be released in 2020, nearly 5 years later. This means that if the development cycle is the same, I won’t be playing the third game until I’m about 40 years old. O_O I could easily be dead by then. So yeah, I’m just concerned at this point that I won’t even be alive for the end of this remake! And that would suck...

The other thing that scares me is there is more time for the game to fail, or for Square to abandon the project if the first game or any of the games after bomb (no pun intended). So yeah. I’m still hyped as hell, but I’m nervous. I just want these games to be released so we can play the whole thing. I believed fully that they’d release it in parts but that they’d actually have essentially the whole game ready and release them 6 months to a year apart. But if each takes 5 years?! I don’t know. It’s concerning, though.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
...I don’t know if any of you ever watch the “Night Sky Prince” on Youtube, but he was going over some of the things said today and one of those was that Square (I believe Nomura) said that he didn’t anticipate the other games in the remake taking much less development time than the first ...
Doesn't this directly contradict what Kitase said today?

“Due to the work already done on the first game we anticipate development of the second game to be more efficient. We have our own internal schedule and plan, but for now we’d like to focus our information on the first game in the project.”

I can't find any Nomura quotes to the effect of what the Night Sky Prince is saying, at least in English. Or anyone else connected to 7R if it's not Nomura.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
@Castiel Strife, you worry too much lol. Some of us (not me) have played that game when it came out some 20 years ago. I played it on PC myself, a few years after. I am already over 40 haha, and yet here I am, fully ready to commit to probably 10 years of waiting/playing this serie of games. Don't look over thinking "damn, I'll be 40" but look at it thinking "Holy shit that's great, I'll be able to play for YEARS to come!"

There will certainly be players who will die in between, but the important thing is that they'll be able to enjoy this still: the hype, the theories, playing at least one installment. It's ok, it's life. Enjoy what you can enjoy :)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

“Due to the work already done on the first game we anticipate development of the second game to be more efficient. We have our own internal schedule and plan, but for now we’d like to focus our information on the first game in the project.”

Kitase said both of those things within 24 hours of one another. LOL

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...r-final-fantasy-vii-games-wont-be-much-faster

The first (about development of future installments not being much shorter) has generally been received as the more likely prospect, being more off-the-cuff and less like a prepared message PR people told him to say as damage control for the first comment.

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer

I can't find any Nomura quotes to the effect of what the Night Sky Prince is saying, at least in English. Or anyone else connected to 7R if it's not Nomura.

Yes, you’re right. I thought the same thing which is why I made sure to mention my “source” being Night Sky Prince just in case it turns out he wasn’t correct lol. But here is the video I am speaking of just in case you’re interested.

He begins discussing it at 3:00. It wasn’t Nomura, it was Kitase. And apparently the reason they stated what they did today is essentially damage control for what Kitase said about how he didn’t expect the development time for the proceeding games to be “dramatically shorter” than the first game.

@Castiel Strife, you worry too much lol. Some of us (not me) have played that game when it came out some 20 years ago. I played it on PC myself, a few years after. I am already over 40 haha, and yet here I am, fully ready to commit to probably 10 years of waiting/playing this serie of games. Don't look over thinking "damn, I'll be 40" but look at it thinking "Holy shit that's great, I'll be able to play for YEARS to come!"

There will certainly be players who will die in between, but the important thing is that they'll be able to enjoy this still: the hype, the theories, playing at least one installment. It's ok, it's life. Enjoy what you can enjoy :)

Well, like I stated several times, my hype hasn’t died down. And sure, maybe I do worry too much. But this is, by far, my favorite game of all time. E3 2015 was one of the greatest moments of my life, as sad as that may sound to some. I’m not the only one who feels this way, I’m sure. So maybe it’s selfish of me to be one of the ones to live long enough to play the game to fruition, but damn it I want to be anyways lol. I get that people die, etc, but it sucks for those who will die and never get to play this game in all it’s glory. I think about things like that, and most people just say “who cares?” I care.

People have “bucket lists” of things they want to do before they die. I’ve done many awesome things in my 28 years. But at the top of my bucket list has always been FF7 being remade, and being able to play it. The hype is great, but not being able to play it would be sad no matter how you slice it.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I don't think Kitase's two comments are contradictory, really. His off-the-cuff comment was that development for the next title wouldn't be dramatically shorter, which I take to mean that development for part 2 will be shorter than part 1 but it will still be longer than a year or two like some people expected/hoped for. His second comment just clarifies this in a more PR-friendly way; work will be more efficient than on part 1 (since the systems are established), but there will still be a lot of work to do (since they have to make a lot of new locations).

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I don't think Kitase's two comments are contradictory, really. His off-the-cuff comment was that development for the next title wouldn't be dramatically shorter, which I take to mean that development for part 2 will be shorter than part 1 but it will still be longer than a year or two like some people expected/hoped for. His second comment just clarifies this in a more PR-friendly way; work will be more efficient than on part 1 (since the systems are established), but there will still be a lot of work to do (since they have to make a lot of new locations).
This is my take. Also, Kitase has a different perspective than the fans. Not only could his definition of "dramatically shorter" as someone who works on games may be different, but he might not even be thinking of the same starting point as us (Reveal vs Shift to in-house). I'm thinking 2-3 years.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Given the random tie up with Arby's (unless Arby's is just weird) I wonder if they can do what they did with Audi for FFXV and get Harley Davidson to build the Hardy Daytona (or even the other bikes shown in the trailer).
They could have asked Yamaha, for the Hardy Daytona. The OG design being strongly inspired from the 1985 V-max.
Yamaha_V-Max_.jpg

Purple

Charmed
Can you guys remember the last time Kitase and Nomura were both in America for anything FF related? I just think it’s amazing that they are out there participating in the promotion so to speak

2 discs for Midgar alone sounds impressive and I can’t wait to play it. But as great as it seems, I wonder if it will get old on the other players easily seeing as your are in just one dreary city the entire game. And Midgar ain’t exactly a Conde Nast city you know.

Top Bottom