Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's also nothing to suggest they changed even that. For all we know people made that recommendation to Nomura before he even started her new design.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Maybe my first statement was a little premature, but didn't changed the argument about my concerns about how much influence the ethic department has over the project now and the future. It looked like the ED changed things on an already finished Tifa design. The changes they did and we know of, are focused on her clothes. We DON'T KNOW what else they changed. That was everything I was indicating, and that was the reason why I asked @FFShinra that question. No reason to make a big deal out of it... I thought (the most of us) are all adults here? :huh:

The translation said tighten, not reduce. And common sense informs the rest.

And the ethics department probably doesn't have absolute power or there would likely not even be a cross dressing scene. Modernization can mean just about anything depending on what aspect they mean.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
"We wanted Tifa to have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action. From there we got the black underwear and fitted tank top."

We can interpret it as :
  • from there (at that point of time)
  • from there (the ethic department)

It doesn't count out there was an earlier version of the model already existing.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
It's been hitting me in slow waves that we get to spend something like another 5-15 years with new FFVII content to look forward to. I know it would have been nice to have the whole thing as a single game but my (many of our) favourite game of all time, favourite story of all time, favourite characters - we get to see them a whole lot more than I ever imagined possible. The original will always be there, but FFVII really has a future now. We get to talk about all this stuff, say things like "I really like the colour of that" or "I can't believe what they did with this scene!" and so on, for years and years to come. I'm so excited.

With you 100%. That fact that we have (and this time will consistently get) Japanese articles to dissect and translate brought a wave of nostalgia over me from the ACC/Dissidia days.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Maybe my first statement was a little premature, but didn't changed the argument about my concerns about how much influence the ethic department has over the project now and the future. It looked like the ED changed things on an already finished Tifa design. The changes they did and we know of, are focused on her clothes. We DON'T KNOW what else they changed. That was everything I was indicating, and that was the reason why I asked

I'm pretty sure the ED didn't force them to change anything that was already complete. Keep in mind SE made the choice to assemble the department. They want to be on top of these things.

I mean, all they did was give Tifa a properly supportive sports bra like a lot of athletic women wear. Why is this a problem?

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Sorry, my english is not something I'm proud of, but I'm 100% sure I never said anything against her outfit? It looks people are trying to give me the short end of the stick here... I get it, it's a sensible topic and it looks like I can't really express what I want to say. Therefore, I will halt this discussion on my end of the table.

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm kinda wondering if "Ethics Department" is just a mistranslation of Public Relations. Also, I'm a rather large chested woman - sports bras make your boobs appear smaller, and make cardio a lot easier. It's not that complicated. It seems like they're trying to make the game more relateable/close to life, so I don't see how that wouldn't be a part of that. It doesn't even seem like AC physics is really gonna be as much of a thing in this game based on what we've seen so far.

Re: Aeris' dress - I actually like the redesign, looks comfy and cute. Boots are still badass.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I’m digging the contrast between the red jacket and white dress. A bit more interesting than her OG color palette in my opinion. The hem also adds a homey look. I do find it interesting that they changed the type of dress, but am ultimately indifferent to the change.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It is interesting.

Admittedly this
450px-aerith_10th_anniversary1.jpg
looks a lot harder to run in. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm kinda wondering if "Ethics Department" is just a mistranslation of Public Relations.

No, Nomura refers to the "company's internal ethics department" as 社内の倫理部署. "Public relations" is 広報.

Also, Polygon apparently spoke to someone from Square Enix who said that "In the Square Enix Japan studios, the Ethics Department is actually a group within the company that evaluates game content to make sure it is aligned with the anticipated age ratings standards across the globe (CERO, ESRB, PEGI, etc)."

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Think about why there are so many "fireworks" in the game... I'm sure you know the answer already.

Reactions: Ite

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I like Aerith's new dress. Looks way more comfortable to walk, run and fight in. I think I mentioned that in my State of Play trailer analysis.

And thanks @Ryuman for that link! It has a few screenshots of scenes in the trailer but from a few frames earlier (train passengers, Loveless corner) or even an alternate versions (Aerith's Healing Wind, Shinra building). I can use those to enrich my trailer analysis.

Top Bottom