• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Interviews: Catch-all Thread

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Still interested to know how/if they handle day-night cycle at some point in this game, perhaps when there are lulls in narrative, or once you hit the “world map” and such. Still so much to learn and anticipate.
This is something that wrecks my brain since people theorised about the possibility that Midgar could get his own game! Every part of this Remake is handled like a main title in the series, therefore it needs an open world aspect, or a scenario where the player can freeroam between locations. Then there's "The point of no Return" too, but to elaborate on that, I think I will open up a thread about it in the near future... maybe... I guess? The language barrier is steeper than I thought, I hope I gather enough courage to write it up before TGS happens.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Actually, the design of cars in FFVII isn't quite consistent IMO. To be more specific:
- the car designs in Midgar are really old school, like from between the '30s to the 50s.
- However if you look at the scrapyards in the Desert Prison, you can find much more "modern" designs ('70s to '90s). Not to mention that the OG Hardy Daytona was based on a 1985 motorcycle.
One can argue that people's sense of fashion and designs on the Planet doesn't have to evolve like on Earth - but still, I find it's a odd mixture of retro-futuristic style with actual-futuristic style, if that makes sense.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Still interested to know how/if they handle day-night cycle at some point in this game, perhaps when there are lulls in narrative, or once you hit the “world map” and such. Still so much to learn and anticipate.

I'm predicting an open mission period between reactor 1 and reactor 5, and another one between meeting Aerith and
Platefall
and finally between
Platefall
and
ShinRa HQ

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Right, I forgot that maybe they should “lock-in” certain times of day for certain mission/cells. It would be weird for Cloud to, say, stand on the train platform until the sun comes up.

You know I’m gonna try and see if that’s possible :wacky:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Actually, the design of cars in FFVII isn't quite consistent IMO. To be more specific:
- the car designs in Midgar are really old school, like from between the '30s to the 50s.
- However if you look at the scrapyards in the Desert Prison, you can find much more "modern" designs ('70s to '90s). Not to mention that the OG Hardy Daytona was based on a 1985 motorcycle.
One can argue that people's sense of fashion and designs on the Planet doesn't have to evolve like on Earth - but still, I find it's a odd mixture of retro-futuristic style with actual-futuristic style, if that makes sense.

Well, the thing with Final Fantasy, at least those that have the medieval kind of thing anyway, have airships that can fly, not like the real medieval history on Earth. The time-lines in all Final Fantasy games are a mixture of almost everything.

The only game that comes close to being reality and more modern while still having magic is Final Fantasy XV. Everything else is a mixture of medieval and modern. Final Fantasy VII is no exception. Besides, I've seen people still drive a few vehicles that are from the 50's, 60' and 70's, and not just in car shows.

Reactions: pxp

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Well, the thing with Final Fantasy, at least those that have the medieval kind of thing anyway, have airships that can fly, not like the real medieval history on Earth. The time-lines in all Final Fantasy games are a mixture of almost everything.

The only game that comes close to being reality and more modern while still having magic is Final Fantasy XV. Everything else is a mixture of medieval and modern. Final Fantasy VII is no exception. Besides, I've seen people still drive a few vehicles that are from the 50's, 60' and 70's, and not just in car shows.
True but the contrasts/anachronisms are definitely most accentuated in 7, which is part of its weird aesthetic charm - you get ancient myth and magic, medieval, classic fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, Victorian, Edwardian, Asian, colonial Belle Époque (among other things) alongside an industrial-cum-modernist-cum-post-modernist revolution all in the space of, at most, half a century. It’s bizzare and utterly amazing.

Those new screenshot leaks have got me excited that they’ve pulled it off ...

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
True but the contrasts/anachronisms are definitely most accentuated in 7, which is part of its weird aesthetic charm - you get ancient myth and magic, medieval, classic fantasy, steampunk, cyberpunk, Victorian, Edwardian, Asian, colonial Belle Époque (among other things) alongside an industrial-cum-modernist-cum-post-modernist revolution all in the space of, at most, half a century. It’s bizzare and utterly amazing.

Those new screenshot leaks have got me excited that they’ve pulled it off ...

Well, that's just how things work in the world of Final Fantasy VII. I mean, it's a similar thing for FFVIII, except unlike VII, VIII has fixed up a live-broad cast and had already succeeded in space travel(which is what I think FFXVI may do, though that's gonna be a disaster in my opinion) while having to fight sorceresses with all that magic and time-travel.

Yeah it is bizzare, but really cool at the same time.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Did that with Final Fantasy XIII, though. From Cocoon to Gran Pulse.

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Nicely spotted by Lex that more job listings have appeared on Business Division One’s career page since it was originally posted.

I make sure to save these pages in the Wayback Machine and thusly I know which listings did not exist when the page first appeared in May 2017.

New listings:
- Cutscene Designer
- Facial Motion Designer
- Writing Director
- Character Model Designer

It is an amazing insight to see what qualifications are demanded from the applicants.

I reckon that knowing which programs were used to create the remake will help whenever fans hack and reverse-engineer the game. :monster:

I was checking information about the remake and remembered this page for apply for a job in SE. It's intereseting view how the offers changes across time for know more about the current status of the project:

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/contents/final_fantasy_vii_remake/

Current listing:
- 2D Art Designer
- Motion designer
- Technical animator
- Setup Artist

If someone is interested in being an insider, it is still on time :lol:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
This is something that wrecks my brain since people theorised about the possibility that Midgar could get his own game! Every part of this Remake is handled like a main title in the series, therefore it needs an open world aspect, or a scenario where the player can freeroam between locations. Then there's "The point of no Return" too, but to elaborate on that, I think I will open up a thread about it in the near future... maybe... I guess? The language barrier is steeper than I thought, I hope I gather enough courage to write it up before TGS happens.
My guess is it'll be like Resident Evil 2. That game took place in one city. ff7remake will just have to expand the city of Midgar

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I love cars from the 30s-50s. The more, the merrier in my opinion

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Perhaps me reading too much into this:

"There's hope for a Final Fantasy VIII Remake, and a Square producer says it should be done by young developers"

If the youth that inherits the genes of Final Fantasy can step up and do it, then I’d like to see it made. For Final Fantasy VII Remake, the project started from my desire to make Final Fantasy VII with today’s technology while I’m still here at Square Enix. So I’d like to see it done by the youth of Square Enix.

Does Kitase see the FFVII remake as his last big hurrah? And will it ever get finished before he and/or Nomura move on or retire? :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That's what I wondered in the other thread. Is the baton gonna get passed to another generation for FFXVI while Kitase and Nomura spend the rest of their careers on this one masterpiece? I feel like Nomura would get bored of that, but maybe not, I don't know the guy. He did just spend like 18 years on Kingdom Hearts.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I can this game being a swan song of sorts, but it depends. Is Nomura tired or does he just want a new IP to play in (presumably without Disney's heavy hand or the tropes of FF to weigh him down)? Kitase's already less hands on than he used to be. I can see him becoming CEO or President (unless Hashimoto does in which case I can see Kitase replacing him instead). I think Uematsu is done unless they immediately remake FF8 and its legendary soundtrack.

Then again, it seems like the Japanese work until they are literally senile, so who knows.

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
If FF Versus XIII were actually completed and became successful, I think Nomura would be happy riding with Kitase into the sunset after VII Remake is over, but as it stand I can't imagine the guy being satisfied. I'd love for Kitase to finish where he started with FF6 (personally prefer this to be remade more than 8), but sadly I don't think he will have any time or energy left after this monstrous project.

Nomura might give another FF title a shot, maybe? He's one of the "younger" talents from the previous generation and most likely still have some time. I really want to see him having something to his name without having hands tied behind the back. Probably not gonna happen while he's at Square though.

Top Bottom