Remake Merchandise

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Rufus attacking me on a personal level there.

Speaking of, I finally got the Version 2 Cloud Strife PAK.

I can't say I'm a fan :monster:

I just can't dig the face and the pasta hair. I much prefer version 1's shaded hair, fuller face and more badass and aggressive expression, particularly in the eyes.

But I will keep the Hardedge.

I think I'm gonna sell it and just give it the Buster Sword from the previous one and see how much I can make back from it lol

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Totally disagree, I think the new Cloud looks way better. The only thing that bothers me is that new Cloud's hair covers one of his eyes too much, but otherwise I think the sculpt is much better. It looks a lot more like Cloud does in the game. I get where you're coming from with the hair looking like pasta, but I think I still prefer it to the old one. The old hair just has a strange shape, and I think his face looks kinda weird. It's too obviously modeled after the 2015 version of Cloud.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
EqLxpCRW8AEfR6b.jpeg

LOL

I mean, his eyes and the mouth give him this softer and innocent expression. Here I'll do a comparison.

20210109_182736.jpg

20210109_182908.jpg

The version 2 Cloud reminds me of Crisis Core baby Cloud. Like the Cloud that showed up in the epilogue scene recreation of the opening of FFVII. It looks like the Cloud in the Remake from some angles but... Only when Cloud makes softer more vulnerable expressions during emotional scenes lol

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, I'd just disclose it and see whoever bites. :monster:

I'm sure someone out there would want a bargain deal on a Cloud PAK.

Yeah, the texture of the Version 1 Cloud appeals to me more with it's shading and and not parting his eye entirely. His face sorta reminds me more of the buff, angry/determined Cloud you see in like cutscenes and shit from the Remake, like the ending.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
View attachment 8827

LOL

I mean, his eyes and the mouth give him this softer and innocent expression. Here I'll do a comparison.

The version 2 Cloud reminds me of Crisis Core baby Cloud. Like the Cloud that showed up in the epilogue scene recreation of the opening of FFVII. It looks like the Cloud in the Remake from some angles but... Only when Cloud makes softer more vulnerable expressions during emotional scenes lol
f5499447c3b3bd8d6acc1f35ee44421a.gif

I dunno man, I really feel like V2 just looks more like that guy
blogger-image--762806791.jpg
50542792156_7be51f5f38.jpg

The old one's facial structure is clearly based on this
Final-fantasy-vii-remake-image-02_22917472824_o.jpg

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah you're right. The version 2 matches Cloud's softer expressions in the game. However, Version 2 PAK's expression carries a strange sorta of...blankness.

However, the Version 1's face doesn't look nearly as sunken or sickly like the beta Remake trailer Cloud. He has a much fuller face and you don't see his cheekbones like in that picture. He looks more like the CGI cutscenes from the Remake, specifically from the ending.

full face Cloud.png

Cloud ending face.png

His eyes are smaller and carry a more fierce expression. The face doesn't have the accentuated cheekbones and the PAK has a more determined expression due to the eyebrows and narrower eyes. That's what it looks like to me. So while Version 2 does look more like his in-game model more, it carries a strange... Softer and blanker expression. And I prefer the shaded hair versus the sculpted non-shaded hair. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom