Remake Merchandise

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, their merchandise assembly and quality control oversight shit the bed here. They say it was due to covid-19 restrictions keeping Square from being able to do a proper evaluation to see if the QC was up to snuff, so they just trusted their assembly company in China and waved them on through.

Big mistake. :monster:

Reactions: LNK

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay kids, let's take a look.
What it should look like:
IMG-20210227-WA0000.jpeg
What it DOES look like:
IMG-20210227-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20210227-WA0004.jpeg
DERP.

Yeah they fucked up. One thing I immediately noticed is the lack of "new PAK smell." I own enough of these stupid things to know what that smells like. The plastic they used is different for sure. The face is obviously all wrong, nothing like the prototype (and box!)

One thing I avoided was that issue with the hair, other people have obviously seams or misalignment but mine is okay.
IMG-20210227-WA0009.jpeg
The plastic on the hair both looks and feels cheaper than their usual stuff too. Nothing like PAK Sephiroth. This is a real disaster lol.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
BUTTERFACE. She's a BUTTERFACE :monster:

BRO. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

Lord, they fucked her face up. I'll never stop marveling at how catastrophic her face sculpt and color turned out. It's like her face is made of cheap clay. No shading, no proper skin coloration. The hair just looks dead. Just... Fuck, man. Don't let Square rob you like this.

This is atrocious. A figure of that quality is something you'd buy from Toys R Us for 20 bucks.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Argh. Are you returning it or complaining or both?

This reminds me of a friend who worked for years in China and he said "if you don't control what they do, you're fucked". Oops, SE.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can't return it because I opened it, apparently, but I'm still going to try to get my money back, or a replacement head, or SOMETHING. Anybody want to help write it? I'm no good at being stern lol.

Naw, fuck that noise. You tell them you want either a refund or replacement because this shit is garbage. LOL fuck that shit. They're full of it if they think that product matches the product description.

Hashtag this shit if you gotta. This Tifa is the worst Play Arts Kai ever made by Square Enix. This is pure trash.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay how's this:

I've just received the new Tifa Lockhart Remake Play Arts Kai figure, and I have to say, I'm not satisfied with the quality. I do not want to be rude, but the images provided on the store page do not match with the item I have received. I know there's inevitably some variance from the prototype, but her face sculpt really looks nothing like she does on either the product information page or the box itself. Looking around online, I'm far from the only person having this issue as well. I want a to know if I could possibly do a return on the item for a replacement or get a refund, because this is not up to the standards of the other Play Arts Kai figures, and certainly isn't worth $150. I've included an attachment showing the difference in what I received compared to what was advertised. The product is defective.

Attachment:
Tifa comparison.png

Top Bottom