Remake Merchandise

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I like how Audrey has become a "household name" around here :lol:

I told her on Twitter once that her translations generate hundreds of posts on TLS. She said she remembers reading the Ultimania translations hosted here back in the day.

I buy from Audrey's shop too. I noticed it's a bit more expensive than other places, but she's cool and I'm thankful for her translations.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah she definitely has earned my patronage. She's extremely helpful and a nice person.

... I so regret not buying that FFVII Escape Room wall scroll she had for sale, but I had already bought a bunch of Skytree in Midgar stuff and put it off. Now it's gone and it's never been seen anywhere again.... She does get some rare stuff which is worth getting when it's possible.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I was going to get the Remake mug for work, but it's out of stock at Audrey's store and the SE store doesn't ship to Australia :sigh:
I have that thing sitting on my desk here at work. It's my work coffee cup, just so I get some use out of it. In reality, the emblem is barely visible even in a well-lit room. It's not at all like how it appears on the box.

20210727_100319.jpg

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The Aerith PAK I ordered finally arrived! Been waiting almost a year. It's so cool. In my home office now and it's made me understand why people put figures on their desks. It's nice to rest your eyes on some excellent character design between tasks.

I swore to myself I would only get one Remake PAK. However, I'm so impressed with Aerith's that I'm going to order Sephiroth's immediately after I post this. I'm in deep now.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Just be wary of how much shipping from Asia will cost right now lol

So! I went to CDJapan to order the Sephiroth PAK and the cost is wild. The figure itself is 155 AUD, which is actually good, but the cheapest shipping option with tracking and insurance is 250 AUD. The only other shipping option is 40 AUD, but that's without tracking and insurance.

I don't want to spend more than the figure on shipping, but I also don't want to risk losing the package in transit.

I assume this is because of covid? Is my best option to just wait it out?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So! I went to CDJapan to order the Sephiroth PAK and the cost is wild. The figure itself is 155 AUD, which is actually good, but the cheapest shipping option with tracking and insurance is 250 AUD. The only other shipping option is 40 AUD, but that's without tracking and insurance.

I don't want to spend more than the figure on shipping, but I also don't want to risk losing the package in transit.

I assume this is because of covid? Is my best option to just wait it out?

Jesus, what shipping service is THAT?

Do they not offer DHL? No way DHL shipping to Australia is that expensive. Maybe it's just Playasia.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Unfortunately I don't know much about shipping to Australia. What was the type of shipping called? Like Mako said, DHL (a private company) shouldn't be 250 AUD wtf. :fearscream:

To give you an example, I have a Japanese mailbox / forwarding service, and when I enter my friend's address in New South Wales, the price estimates it gives me for a 1200 gram package are:

1628916712872.png

The situation right now w/shipping is that there's Japan Post (Japan's national system), which includes air mail (plane), sea / surface mail (3mo on a boat w/no tracking), and EMS (express air mail). Due to the limited number of planes going to / from Japan cause of lockdown, air mail and express air mail to certain countries is unavailable or extremely expensive compared to pre-Covid. With Australia in particular, it seems that only surface mail is available from Japan Post due to Covid, so you would have to ship through a private company if you want tracking. In the non-Covid days, EMS was a very affordable option for a lot of people. It recently returned for Americans, and the prices are atrocious if the parcel weighs over 1500 grams. :rage:

You might want to look at other websites besides CD Japan, e.g.:
https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10693910
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-058355

Note that these websites can't give you a super accurate shipping cost until the item is in stock and weighed, but large retailers generally have contracts w/private shipping companies to make this affordable for consumers, and there is no fucking way shipping to Australia should be 250 AUD when a mailbox service is giving me numbers like $52 / 70 AUD for 1200 grams.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
:joy: hell yeah retail therapy.

No clue why DHL is so much.

I find Ami Ami convenient cause there's another website - https://buyfriend.moe/ - where you can sign up and enter search terms to track / watch and it'll end you emails w/what got added to Ami Ami under that search term (e.g. "final fantasy vii remake"). The site also uses Ami Ami's API, so it'll tell you how many pre-order slots or how much stock they have left.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Top Bottom