Lv. 25 Adventurer
Got my Shinra simp watch.

FIR2eN_VUAIbgIp

PXL_20220120_024110383.jpg

There were also some other Shinra items released in December:

FIR1JbBVgAMKs6b

FIR1J1fVIAAnSAi

FIR7U_fVIAE-KcX

So excited to be able to tell time as "half past the destruction of Sector 7".

I... don't actually wear watches, nor do I have a phone that uses Qi charging, so everything is decorative lmao.

Be sure to get a watch turner for that watch. These things are made to be worn - they have an little accelerometer in them that if it’s not on your wrist going back and forth will get jammed up and cost a pretty penny to get unstuck and functional again. A watch turner will do it for you so you can display it.

.... You mean the Sephiroth FFVII-R individually numbered watch that was limited to 7 in each region?

The one worth easily $3k+?

That one??

Hell yeah you can be happy with that, it's one of the rarest and most expensive pieces of FFVII merch out there! :monster:

Lololol you got me there. Though I think it’s 77 per region since I’m sitting on US-36.

image.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fucking incredible. Wow.

Congratulations, that's a helluva rarity to own!! Nice!

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Be sure to get a watch turner for that watch. These things are made to be worn - they have an little accelerometer in them that if it’s not on your wrist going back and forth will get jammed up and cost a pretty penny to get unstuck and functional again. A watch turner will do it for you so you can display it.
Oh, thanks. Will look into it. (Aka go to Amazon.)

Edit: After looking into it, it appears a tuner isn't needed because the movement is quartz.

Edit 2: I'm also now realizing I'm in $2,400 usd of trouble if S-E ever makes a Shinra watch collab w/Seiko lmao.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Whoo hoo! That's a classic. My favorite version of VII Remake Cloud! :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T

Finally able to unite my Remake collection. All three soundtracks, the Material Ultimania, figures of my favorite characters, and the game's deluxe edition. I also have the Material Ultimania Plus and Traces of Two Pasts on pre-order. Can't wait!

Over time I've been collecting soundtracks from across the original game and Compilation. Here's the main titles all together. I also have the original game's Reunion Tracks and Revival Disc. Can't understate how much I like AC and CC's soundtracks in particular.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
1652210071550.jpeg
1652210079942.jpeg

So, I saw these while browsing twitter. And by no means are these anything resembling close to official merchandise. But when I saw them I thought, for better or for worse, "huh...now that's not something you see every day."

A company made life sized, uh, "companion" dolls of Aerith and Tifa. The detail on the clothing is uncannily close, and the heads and hair seem directly based on the game models. Why am I posting this? Good question. I'm simultaneously in disbelief and yet, at the same, time, not surprised at all given the FFVII fanbase. They ride the line between creepy and impressive. I'm astounded by the level of detail, and yet, very off-put by their existence at the same time. Like, if you just walked into a friend's house and saw one of these, what would you think? I sure as hell don't know.

If they were life-sized statues made for a different context, I'm sure my reaction would just be "wow, awesome." But that's not the world we live in :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
These are essentially 1:1 scale articulated figures/dolls. :monster:

I mean. They're incredibly well done. Amazing craftsmanship. However, life size scale dolls/figures are just completely unwieldy and unnecessary. Bigger is not always better. I have no idea how you'd even begin to display these, let alone keep them in proper condition.

And I certainly hope someone who gets one of these isn't going to literally use these for "companionship"....

EDIT: "Celestial Pleasures" is the company name... And oh god... I looked them up... It's.. a fucking sex doll company. Oh fuck off. They really are elaborate... Fuck dolls. What the actual fuck. I thought this was a literal 1:1 scale dolls, who the fuck thought of this??

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
FVaAkncUAAAens2
FVaAlsNUEAA4A6F

I choose to believe that I'm a statistic on some Square-Enix merchandising person's Excel sheet because I otherwise have no idea why they would continue to make products like this. :desu:

You can also select 2 "materia" / gemstones to embed, but the embed is inside the band instead of outside.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
Lmao it's not even just Roche. There's another $400 PAK for a mook with a bike, and a $150 PAK of just a mook alone! I guess you're still intended to buy all of these $150 - $400 figures (along w/Cloud on his bike) and actually p-play with them?

Meanwhile, I discovered that the North American S-E store won't carry the Shinra materia ring in JP size 7 or 9 (I'm US 5 / JP 9), so I have to fucking import the ring from Japan if I want to fit.

lol

Top Bottom