• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Mod Wish-List

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hi folks o/

It's been chatted about here and on the discord, but I figure a whole thread about it might keep the other threads on-topic!

When FF7R comes out for PC, what kind of mods do you think are going to come out? Any you'd be excited for? Any that you think are MUST-HAVES? I'm compiling a wish-list using google docs.

Ground rules:
-Whatever game S-E releases is the official canon. If summon materia is purple now, that's the way it is. Modding is obviously unofficial, it shouldn't be seen as "correcting" anything "wrong" (unless the mod is literally a bug-fix). Questioning the validity of someone's preference is a fruitless endeavor. Modding is all about curating the artistic experience, it has nothing to do with being "right."
-If a mod idea is not your preference, try not to yuck someone's yum. You can disagree without putting someone down kk <3

Ite

AKA
Ite
I imagine we'll see some combat overhaul mods. I'm no expert programmer, but I can concieve of the following:

-Halve the ATB rate of enemies
-Quadruple the ATB rate of PCs (or whatever will make it fill OG-style) rendering basic attacks superfluous
-Tactical mode does not pause gameplay (probably should be its own mod)
-Non-controlled party members do not move or perform basic attacks (basically, gut the AI)
-Remove the Timer Bar and ATB bar of summons - casting the summon skips directly to the summon's finishing move.

I have no idea how to implement "random encounters" because we haven't seen anything except hand-placed demo enemies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As some people have pointed out, Cloud gets a little red dot next to his health and stuff when he summons Ifrit to denote that he's the character in control of it. So Summon materia may well still be red.

cloud_summon_2.jpg

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Very basic, but I would definitely use an OG soundtrack mod. We haven't heard enough of the new soundtrack for me to really make a judgement call, but even if I like it, I'd like the option to recapture classic FFVII moments in the remake with the OST I'm used to/listened to as a child. Hopefully it wouldn't sound out of place, though.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Surprised it wasn't Reno. I've seen more than a few ladies swoon over that open shirt.

No no, not shirtless Reno, DIRTY Reno. Make him slouch more and look malnourished. He should look like he rolled off the set of a Tarantino film. (He's rolling because he was thrown from a moving car.)

latest
Mmmm

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Absolutely. In the original game, Reno's first appearance was downright sinister to me, with a dash of 'cool'. He just stands there quietly in his suit, watching Cloud and Aeris. The soldiers with him were the comedians. These days Reno feels like he doesn't have as much of that edge.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
It's possible it's still in the remake. We only saw a quick second of his entrance.

Of course he will still be nearly shirtless, but he might be sinister too still.

Ite

AKA
Ite
I really went into this on the Discord, but here I’ll just say that in film, you need to convey your character’s attitude within the first 0.5 seconds of body language. All it takes is 0.5 seconds to convey what you want to an audience. I saw about 10-15 seconds of Reno, and while he’s the best they’ve done yet in the AC style, he’s not quite there for me. I’m not saying “yet” I’m saying that they very clearly conveyed a character, even within the first 0.5 seconds. I just don’t like that character.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Thats true....of the trailer. Which, by definition, are without context and with the dialogue recut. What I'm saying is that same half a second in the actual game might be different.

Its part of why I don't want any more trailers. Combat/mechanics/music, fine.

And of course if the actual game makes him AC-like once again, then I'll concede the point on his character. I just think it's jumping to conclusions at this juncture when the game is still 5 and a half months out.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Absolutely. In the original game, Reno's first appearance was downright sinister to me, with a dash of 'cool'. He just stands there quietly in his suit, watching Cloud and Aeris. The soldiers with him were the comedians. These days Reno feels like he doesn't have as much of that edge.

Reno walks over the flowers to go after Aerith. Then runs back onto the scene to yell at his soldiers not to step on the flowers. He was part of the comedy act.

hleV

Pro Adventurer
A fully-active (non-lock on) combat system. Basically you move, slash, jump, etc. freely. Should be able to do lots of interesting combat and misc. moves using existing character animations.

Clean Cut Chaos

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Cub Chaos
Also, I always felt Marlene should have been a bigger part of the OG. Some changes I'd like to see;

Marlene can be swapped for Barret in combat.
Marlene appears randomly in treasure chests around the world.
The sister ray at the end of the game no longer fires a mako projectile, but Marlene instead.

I'll add more as I think of them. Thanks

Top Bottom