• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Mod Wish-List

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I never really thought of this. I wish more games would start allowing mods on console... I’m not a PC fan and all it’s upkeep involved.

It’s funny though, I can’t think of a whole lot I’d want changed. Usually when I think of mods I want to integrate FF7 into other games, lol. Like being able to play as Cloud in Skyrim or something of that nature. So now that the FF7 Remake is releasing, I don’t think I could come up with a bunch of mods that would make the game better. I’m sure modders would find things that would work out really neat, though.

I do have to say that I like the combat idea. I would like to see the game modded with OG combat and I’d really want to play that, even though I’m happy the modernized it.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
BUMP.

Looks like I know what I’m doing in 2022.

This thread literally hasn’t been updated since the original launch on PS4. Having now played the game 4 times, I have such a good idea as to what I want to tackle first. Throw me those ideas folks!

Last edited:

waw

Pro Adventurer
I just wanna be able to play as a Turk and roughhouse (preferrably ginger) Rufus in the boardroom.
It's harder to add in character models that aren't in the game but I've seen it done on DBXV2... I wonder if we'll see. Cissnei modded over Yuffie at some point.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
It’s a small tweak, but the first thing that came to my mind is making Cloud more colorful to resemble his original color scheme more. I’m happy with Remake’s take on him, but seeing that would be fun.

Other scope-friendly mods would be being able to play as any of the characters in their alternate costumes (dresses, etc) at any point in the game.

The game is pretty consistently gorgeous, but replacing some of the low poly assets found in some domestic areas with higher fidelity versions would also be nice. And while I’m on visual edits, I think the NPCs could use some more Final Fantasy-flare. Some of them are a bit boring, where they look like some random dude from the real world was placed in Midgar.

I think I’d have more to think of in the future that would be more involved. But as a start…

Kind of in line with what Castiel mentioned, I’d like to see the “classic” battle mode actually be the original game’s combat system. I haven’t played it in a while, but I remember the “classic” battle option being a compromised down version of the new combat rather than resembling the original.

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
It’s a small tweak, but the first thing that came to my mind is making Cloud more colorful to resemble his original color scheme more. I’m happy with Remake’s take on him, but seeing that would be fun.

Other scope-friendly mods would be being able to play as any of the characters in their alternate costumes (dresses, etc) at any point in the game.

The game is pretty consistently gorgeous, but replacing some of the low poly assets found in some domestic areas with higher fidelity versions would also be nice. And while I’m on visual edits, I think the NPCs could use some more Final Fantasy-flare. Some of them are a bit boring, where they look like some random dude from the real world was placed in Midgar.

I think I’d have more to think of in the future that would be more involved. But as a start…

Kind of in line with what Castiel mentioned, I’d like to see the “classic” battle mode actually be the original game’s combat system. I haven’t played it in a while, but I remember the “classic” battle option being a compromised down version of the new combat rather than resembling the original.
I would hate his purple soldier uniform lol.

ALso, shirtless sephiroth in Edge of creation. Not a sexual thing, but I just found that image powerful in the OG.

Also TIFA and Cloud Advent Children outfits.

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Hoo boy!

I want to play as Cloud in his Soldier 1st class uniform but with the two original shoulder pads.

I want to see Zack modded into the Honeybee Inn dance section. Imagine him doing all he moves??? It would be insane!

And regarding this...
I want everyone to be naked
I want to see Cloud and Tifa's alternative skins without gloves. Yeah.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I would hate his purple soldier uniform lol.

ALso, shirtless sephiroth in Edge of creation. Not a sexual thing, but I just found that image powerful in the OG.

Also TIFA and Cloud Advent Children outfits.

Luckily, the benefit of mods are that they're wholly optional :P I could see what you mean, though - if done poorly, it would look goofy. But I think there's a good medium to be found between having the colors be present while still more on the subdued side.

Everything else you said I'm on-board for.

I want everyone to be naked

...what, someone had to say it :pervert:

Serious answer though: I mean I'm not gonna play it on PC anyway but if I did, I'd like a mod that allows for more camera movement and additional options in photo mode
It'll happen eventually. In practice, it would be pretty surreal. The whole party would just flash Midgar apparently and not face any consequences or any reactions at all really

Top Bottom