• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Voice Actors Announced

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Didn't someone say Troy doesn't do Japanese games any more?

Doesn't sound like it would be true, he's in Death Stranding after all.

Higgs.jpg

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ditto on Aerith’s voice sounding a little too cute-sy, if that’s even a term. Oh well, as long as it doesn’t enter Vanille territory then we’re good

I've been listening to her let's plays, because she doesn't have any professional clips that I can find. I'm trying to reserve judgement for now. I certainly think she has a better chance of nailing it than anyone who has tried before, because she has the advantage of not already disappointing me lol

Compilation Aeris has always been too cutesy, too demure, and too infantile for me. But she had those moments in the OG as well, it's just my imagination glossed over them - its easier when its text and lego sprites.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I always imagined her with kind of a shrill voice in the original, to be honest, with her overall personality just making her endearing despite that and those more infantile personality moments.

Reactions: pxp

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
She did have those moments in the OG to be fair, look how she handles Barret at the Gold Saucer for example that was quite an immature moment from her I thought.

I like her voice if I'm honest I think I haven't heard enough yet to really make a full decision but I like it so far.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Compilation Aeris has always been too cutesy, too demure, and too infantile for me. But she had those moments in the OG as well, it's just my imagination glossed over them - its easier when its text and lego sprites.
She did have those moments in the OG to be fair, look how she handles Barret at the Gold Saucer for example that was quite an immature moment from her I thought.

I'm glad we acknowledge this. I totally understand the concern of SE thinking her pure and innocent, given the way they've directed VAs (particularly Suvari) to speak way higher than their normal speaking voices.
But I do think fans have a way of going too far the other way, thinking she was this rough and tumble badass bitch. She certainly had elements of that, she didn't take other people's shit if she didn't want to, but there was no shortage of moments where she (at least) put on airs of being cutesy or naive.

I reserve judgement on this voice until I've heard more. But I think that if a high voice is what they want, it's good that they got someone who actually has a high voice so that she'll still be able to emote at that register.

Random Nobody

local roach
I've certainly heard worse on the stereotype side of things.
i'm not entirely sure what this means, but there's a reason people were taking the piss out of the line from the initial teaser. the cadence of his voice sounds unnatural because it's got the kind of exaggeration you don't really expect to/do not hear outside a pulpit.

i mean it's joaks, but iono if i can take that seriously.

Ite

AKA
Ite
In reading the dialogue from the OG, I always heard Barret as boisterous, preachy, almost sermonizing all of his lines. It plays into a certain stereotype (the gospel preacher kinda thing) but for me, that's his character. He IS boisterous and preachy. Rude, on the other hand, is a black character who doesn't play into that stereotype, and that is why it is so so important to have ample representation.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
In reading the dialogue from the OG, I always heard Barret as boisterous, preachy, almost sermonizing all of his lines. It plays into a certain stereotype (the gospel preacher kinda thing) but for me, that's his character. He IS boisterous and preachy. Rude, on the other hand, is a black character who doesn't play into that stereotype, and that is why it is so so important to have ample representation.
Quoted for Extra Like. I always read his lines (e.g. "The planet's dyin', Cloud" or "It's the sign of the times") the same way.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Quoted for Extra Like. I always read his lines (e.g. "The Planet's dyin', Cloud" or "It's the sign of the times") the same way.

My first play, Barret said: "The Planet's dyin', Xander!" and for me it's such a clear sound in my head, one of the clearest in the game for me. Maybe the extra syllable in the name slows this line down some, but I remember hearing his plea, crystal clear - not as an admonishment, but as a desperate invitation. His goal isn't to be big an' bad. His goal is to heal the world.

Random Nobody

local roach
In reading the dialogue from the OG, I always heard Barret as boisterous, preachy, almost sermonizing all of his lines.
which is fine. that's not how i ever interpreted his character, but again, it's less about interpretation and more about sound. it would work if they got td jakes to do his lines, but since they didn't, it sounds more like a shoot and a miss in that department. because it doesn't sound natural to my ears, it's grating.

Rude, on the other hand, is a black character
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Ite

AKA
Ite
because it doesn't sound natural to my ears, it's grating.

I'm a little worried that the actor will be directed to do the lines according to how a white producer thinks a black man should sound, and that my ears will pick up on the actor's less-than-100% commitment to it. Certainly the "LOAD OFFA YO SHOWDAHS" line was a bit much.

If it comes from a place of authenticity and passion, then I'm all ears. Here's hoping!

Ite

AKA
Ite
Oxdv.gif

OffbeatFrenchKingsnake-small.gif

All the more reason we need a Voice Toggle. Please please pleeeeease.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
You will be deeply missed as Cloud Strife so much, Steve Burton. You're forever in everybody's hearts! :'(:properhug:

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Am I just normally oblivious to such things or are the actors (both OG and new) a lot more engaging on twitter than most? Honest question.

Top Bottom