Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I cannot stress how excited I am for the party banter:

View attachment 3487

CLOUD IS SO SASSY I LOVE IT!

From Jason Schreier's impressions article
I love this. I miss how sassy Cloud can be -- The Compilation has definitely toned Cloud's aptitude for snark for a more somber mood (which I can understand given the context of AC) but he always has those moments of it in KH and Dissidia (and an instance of it in AC) and I love that VII is bringing back Cloud's snarkiness.

The remake hasn't even come out yet and I already feel really good about this.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
given the two discs, the size of midgar, and the complete recasting....this is like if Midgar was done by Rockstar Games. And if it is indeed ff7 by way of RDR2 (not literally but similarly, as it does seem to be) I am a very happy man.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
So, basically....Steve's still voicing Cloud and George's still voicing Sephiroth, just not in the Remake? Or am I getting that confused? Because I'm pretty sure Steve made it clear that he's retired from voicing Cloud now and that Cody's taking over starting with the Remake.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
So in other words, he got a bit confused himself and he could still be voicing Cloud in Dissidia NT DLC future cutscenes and ect, and that it was decided that because the Remake is, well, a remake, it would go for the newer actor's approach like in other remakes such as Aladdin and the Lion King?

...If so, then that I can be happy with and suspected as much. Most remakes have newer actors to play same characters the previous actors did in the past pre-remakes. There is one exception that I know of when it comes to remakes.

Like a movie of a Knight and his assistant traveling into the future played by the two same guys who did the original French version. Can't remember it's name, but I've seen parts of it and it's one of my Mother's favorite comedies.

Edit: I was thinking of watching that video, but there's something about it that I find to be rather suspicious. As a fan of the original cast, I don't want to get my hopes up that they at least still voice the characters that is not Remake related.

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I figure it's for scheduling and budgetary reasons. Like how they splashed big for TV and movie actors for Kingdom Hearts 1 and then they quietly replaced lots of them with career voice actors ala Doug Erholtz and Richard Epcar and such :monster:

I still laugh listening to Epcar's redub of heartless Ansem in Kingdom hearts 2 flashbacks, where he's trying to sound Billy Zane but can't. "Derrrrkness"

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that it's also the fact that the Remake is going to be working really hard on how to portray those characters at the start of their journeys, which may be different from what the voice cast who's been with them all this time was able to offer them because they end up being a version of their portrayal of that character, whereas new voice actors would completely settle in to just being the character and developing throughout the process INTO something more like the versions of the characters that they're familiar with.

I see this as being somewhat similar to how they bring on a lot of people who grew up as fans of the game on the development staff to be able to bring a new genuine reimagining that still holds on to the specifics that people fell in love with. One of the other things is that a LOT of the other SE dialogue sounds like anime character dialogue, vs. things in FFXV where people started sounding a little bit more like people and not just characters, and that Remake is REALLY pushing that sort of natural communication between everyone, and that's something that gathering a new group together is likely going to help encourage, like it did with the Chocobros.

It's nice to see a scenario where the VAs are all being really supportive and respectful towards one another, because not all situations shake out this way, and sometimes it feels like a bunch of shady backstabbing (Evangelion redub for Netflix comes to mind), and I'm just happy that this doesn't seem to be that at all.

X :neo:

Top Bottom