Remake Voice Actors Announced

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
After Dark Crystal: AoR and Star Wars: TFA I’m convinced Simon Pegg has the chops to deliver a dynamic and terrifying Hojo.
A good evil and crazy scientist must sound British! I'd be down with Simon Pegg as Hojo.
Michalel Rosenbaum as Rufus might work, too.

While it's highly doubtful Simon Pegg would be asked or agree to voice Hojo, he does have a knack for those crazy laughs even when he was voicing one of the protagonists Buck from Ice Age 3 and Ice Age 5(because Buck's crazy but at least he's not evil). If I had to choose, I'd go for Simon.

Rufus should be British, Reno should be Irish. I would love him to be Irish.

A good evil and crazy scientist must sound British! I'd be down with Simon Pegg as Hojo.
How about our very own Lex?

I'd like Tseng's voice actor to be whoever voiced him in Crisis Core. Really any deep voice will do.
As you can see I don't follow VAs very closely. It would have been nice, tho, if Barret had been an African rather than an African-American. Being a black American comes with a lot of historical and political implications that I personally don't want to see implied/inferred in FFVII. Sometimes people forget that it's possible to be black without being an African-American.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I went with Ric Young because of hus Suit and Glasses portrayal on Alias, but otherwise, as long as they can be sinister and not annoying, most should work out....

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Thought of another guy who could do as Hojo in the Remake: Derek Stephen Prince, for his voice as Vexen in the Kingdom Hearts franchise who's also a scientist; creepy, evil with a dangerous mind.

And if Square Enix did do a remake of Before Crisis(with all of the Original English Voice Actors, which neither one will ever happen, but it's nice to dream), I'd like the same guy to voice Fuhito.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
My pick for Hojo? Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa aka Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat (1995). Pulled off the sinister sorcerer quite well, and he even looks like Hojo despite being older now. Just go rewatch the movie and see how evil and cold his Tsung his without going over the top. And he did it so well he was brought back for MK: Legacy season 2 in the same role. So he knows how to do villians, and I think he'd make an excellent and much darker Hojo than we've seen before.

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
. It would have been nice, tho, if Barret had been an African rather than an African-American. Being a black American comes with a lot of historical and political implications that I personally don't want to see implied/inferred in FFVII. Sometimes people forget that it's possible to be black without being an African-American.
There's no America in FFVII ^.- Also Barret with that slang in the OG... I can't imagine him with different accent.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
When is SE going to tell us who is voicing the other characters? Do you think we will know in a couple of days?

Philco

Pro Adventurer
Barret speaking the way he does is fine as long as everyone else in Corel speaks the same way. Same with Cid and everyone from Rocket Town. Would be nice to get some consistency regarding accents, though at least it helped to make these characters stand out back when all we had were text boxes.

Cait Sith is probably the only that gets a pass for having a unique accent cos I just... don't know how you'd explain that one within the context of FFVII's world :P

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I liked reading what everyone else has been guessing for the voices. Can anyone take a crack at who is voicing Reno? Out of all the new voices, I'm liking his the most. I can't think of who is voicing him...

I was browsing other sites to see what everyone else is thinking about who is voicing who and I came across two guesses that I found interesting:
Don Corneo: Keith Szarabajka
Rude: Kevin Michael Richardson

Has anyone else heard of any unique guesses?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Barret speaking the way he does is fine as long as everyone else in Corel speaks the same way. Same with Cid and everyone from Rocket Town. Would be nice to get some consistency regarding accents, though at least it helped to make these characters stand out back when all we had were text boxes.

Cait Sith is probably the only that gets a pass for having a unique accent cos I just... don't know how you'd explain that one within the context of FFVII's world :P
I mean Rocket Town wasn't Rocket Town until the scientists came there with the rocket. They didn't neccesarily have the exact same background.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I still say Barrett was modeled after Mr. T.

And unrelated, down with the new rule that only one space follows a period...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Maybe what the most exciting / enjoyable part about getting to voice their particular characters have been. Or maybe what things they most wanted to express with their performances.

X :neo:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Briana’s panel went great. She’s very personable. Someone asked her about the LTD: “I obviously can’t talk about content. I mean, I know there’s a bit of a rivalry with fans, and I mean obviously I’m team Aerith *laugh* Although what I didn’t know was that there’s a big Aerith/Tifa fandom too! Hey, I dunno! I think they look pretty good together! *laugh*”

?

I asked her if there are people in the booth advising them on pronounciation for the fake words. She said yes they have people making sure everyone’s saying the same thing.

John’s a super happy guy, very thrilled to be Barret, and a good storyteller. He had a lot to say about the heart of Barret’s character and I agreed with him completely!

That Ito article is super troubling.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've been replaying Dirge of Cerberus lately, since once the remake comes out DoC's novelty of being able to run around big 3D maps of some locations from the original game will be a bit moot, and I gotta say I'm really going to miss Reeve's actor if he gets replaced too. I think Jamieson price did a fantastic job as Reeve and is kind of underrated compared to the other compilation voices.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
Little late to the party here, but I'm liking most of what I'm hearing so far...aside from Sephiroth. The delivery of those lines are just...lacking? Maybe Tyler Hoechlin has a better performance in the bigger picture, but it was so lackluster from what I've seen of the lines he's delivered thus far. I'll probably be playing this game in Japanese with English subs (if I can). No one beats Toshiyuki Morikawa or Tahakiro Sakurai. No one.

Top Bottom