• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Remake Voice Actors Announced

Message from Gackt

This is GACKT.
I made all of you worry.
Thank you for so many messages.
It’s ok, I’m still alive. Ahaha​
This time, I returned to Japan in early August for a shoot,
but a few days later, I felt very sick.
It seems that I have fainted a few times
which usually happens only once in a few years.
I guess, I'm used to it.
But it wasn’t happening lately,
so I thought that I got better.​
I've been feeling very sick for about 3 weeks since then,
and have lost about 10kg, but my current condition is stable.​
The thing is, I don’t know what caused my illness,
but I can’t use my voice right.​
For about 10 years now, I was preparing to cure my illness abroad,
and receiving medical treatment, etc.
However, I don't know what caused it,
if it's something that got worse over time,
or some kind of a neurological disorder,
all I know is that it triggers a sudden dysphonia.​
To put it simply,
it is difficult to speak in certain situations
because my voice doesn’t come out right.​
"To get here, and now this...", to be honest,
I was depressed for a few days,
but now I think that this might be a chance for me to make a change,
“I’m GACKT so I can overcome this obstacle!", is what I believe.​
After many discussions with doctors, agents and stakeholders,
we’ve decided to give top priority to my recovery.​
I’m sorry to say,
but I’ve stopped all my activities
and will dedicate my time to treatment and recovery.​
I honestly don't know what I’m gonna do.
But anyway, I’ll do my best to come back soon.​
As the world continues to change,
I think that many people go through hard times and many lose their hope.
But there are no obstacles that we cannot overcome.
I’ll definitely overcome mine.
Let's move forward together.
Let’s believe that we can overcome each obstacle
we face without running away from it!​
And finally,
I'm seriously sorry for making everyone worry.
I’ll will definitely be back.
I’ll get stronger.
I’ll become an even more amazing GACKT.

The promise I made to all of you, I’ll definitely keep it,
I’ll bring you the album and the tour.

I’ll always keep my promise no matter what.
So please just wait a while longer.​
GACKT​

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Another reason to be real happy with the voice actor refresh.

Kotaku's article title is concerning though. "Cloud Strife Voice Actor Fired From Soap Opera For Refusing Covid-19 Vaccination" doesn't do enough to separate Steve Burton from Cloud's current voice actor. Hopefully our boy Cody Christian doesn't get any misinformed @'s about this.

Good for SE, but wasn't Burton still playing Cloud's role outside of Remake? :/

It was stated when Remake's new voice cast was revealed that the old actors would finish up their ongoing roles (for example, Dissidia NT). I fully expect to hear the new voice cast for everything outside of Remake as well.

I doubt he'll be infectious in a sealed recording booth.

Voice actors don't just appear in the booth though. Besides moving through the studio, face-to-face conversations will also inevitably take place. Furthermore, Steve Burton hasn't voiced Cloud since 2018, the article is referring to his soap opera work.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yup, and guess how many projects there have been using English FFVII voice acting aside from FFVII-R?

Zero :awesome:

By the time there ever is, S-E will have moved on completely. The talent agents of the old VAs will have gotten them other gigs, the studio will move and they'll simply be rotated and forgotten. I doubted we'd see them again from the start because rarely do corporations do dual voice acting gigs like that. Jeff Schine plays Chris in RE Village.

Only time I can think of is Capcom with Chris Redfield. Kevin Dorman played Chris Redfield in RE Vendetta. But David Vaughn plays Chris Redfield in RE7.

And all through this, Roger Craig Smith has been voicing Chris throughout Marvel VS Capcom, up to Infinite, since doing Chris's voice in RE5.

So yeah, most companies want consistency.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yup, and guess how many projects there have been using English FFVII voice acting aside from FFVII-R?

Zero :awesome:

Actually, one. There was KHIII Re:Mind :monster:
Although I also think them using the old Compilation actors was at least in part because it was before the Remake release and also there was no Remake cast for Yuffie and Cid yet :flipmonster:
On the other hand, they went out of their way to get Andrea Bowen for Aerith. Consistency wasn't really a factor since Aerith has a different voice in every KH game regardless :lol:

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Although I also think them using the old Compilation actors was at least in part because it was before the Remake release and also there was no Remake cast for Yuffie and Cid yet :flipmonster:
On the other hand, they went out of their way to get Andrea Bowen for Aerith. Consistency wasn't really a factor since Aerith has a different voice in every KH game regardless :lol:
Rachel Leigh Cook also voiced Tifa when she was added to Dissidia in 2019, which was after the new voice cast was revealed. We will only know when a new FF project outside of Remake needs FF7 voices. Ever Crisis was close but they decided not to have voices lol.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie

That's really sad. I preferred Steve Burton for Cloud and I still miss the original English cast for FFVII. *Sigh* It's very upsetting that people that are anti-vaxx just don't believe how deadly the You-know-what is real. Good thing my family and I are all fully vaxxed.

Plus there's Quinton Flynn who did the added voicing for Axel for Remind too(and I am fully aware that he's in trouble at the moment).

But Yuffie did get a Remake voice actress in the Intermission Episode. Can't remember what her name was, but I know she's got a new voice actress now. All that's left are Cid and Vincent.

Top Bottom