• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Report Bugs

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I set the default to the advanced one yesterday, should be good for new users now.

As for avatars, 175 would make the postbit look a tad cluttered. But I could lower the height, if required. 200 (height) looks fine to me.

Although I'd have to set the sizes on a per-usergroup basis, >.<.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Has quoting posts with other quotes already quoted been fucked?

...:monster:

Like, when I quote a post that already has someone else quoted (thus when I go to make my reply there should be a two post tier) the first original quote disappears and then only the last quote made is left behind. This makes it hard to quote relevant things. D;

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
There's a small hack that needs to be installed for that to work. If someone needs it, bug me on MSN and I'll send it to you or something. But not now, I'm probably going to sleep in a moment.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Has quoting posts with other quotes already quoted been fucked?

...:monster:

Like, when I quote a post that already has someone else quoted (thus when I go to make my reply there should be a two post tier) the first original quote disappears and then only the last quote made is left behind. This makes it hard to quote relevant things. D;

That's not a bug, that's a feature, :monster:.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Exactly what it sounds like. When you quote someone, all the quotes in their post show up too, up to a certain depth. As it stands, nothing in quote tags is retained when you go to Quote Message.

Someone enable .rar or .xml attachments so I can upload the Nested Quotes plugin.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Oh god I hate quote pyramids. I'm glad it's the way it is. As you said, it's a feature.

They're annoying when they get too deep but when you have lengthy quote dissections it's convenient to be able to go back a few responses to see what people are responding to without having to scroll all the way up.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Added .rar and .xml to the attachments thingymabob, but you could also just link to the plugin on vb.org.

And I'm all in favor of limiting it to 3 or 4 levels of nesting, or updating the stylesheets so there's less padding inside the thingies.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I don't know whar it is on vb.org. And yeah I just decreased the padding on fcf/fg, and the maximum depth on those boards is seven.

Now that I think about it this is for vb3.7. hopefully it works for 3.8.

Attachments

• product-nested_quotes.xml
    5.2 KB · Views: 0

Purple

Charmed
Okay. I dunno why but for some strange reason whenever I enter a forum, after I've logged in, the threads would be arranged by title, not by post time. I don't think it's a bug but it's kinda weird considering it never happened before,

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It happened to Yopy & I a few days back. I believe that it was something related to the forum cache that he went in and fixxxed. If it's still coming up, let us know.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, for some reason the whole default ordering was set to title. You should be able to change it manually to order by date. The default ordering should already been fixed a while back.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hey I just logged out and back in (for my own reasons not because of a bug) and when I logged back in I was given the narrow skin by default. Just in case you wanted to check it to be sure that it was working properly.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
did you maybe set that in your "Edit Options"? If you've altered the forum skin with the bottom-left menu rather than the Edit Options menu, the former will override the latter until you log out or switch browsers/computer.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh okay that could be it. I know the regular skin stays when I close down my browser but I'm always set to be logged in automatically. I'll check that. :)

Top Bottom