• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Report Bugs

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Just got a connection timeout when trying to load TLS. Then I refreshed and it said something like 'Rate limit exceeded'

Dunno if thats important or not?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
TLS was offline for idk how long (nobody texted me :( ), this time it was caused by Apache running out of workers or something with the error message:

[Sat Jan 17 14:30:20.362235 2015] [mpm_event:error] [pid 23671:tid 140729062135680] AH00485: scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I probably would have texted you if I had (1) been online at that time and (2) had your phone number. :monstersmash:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm not your fucking secretary. :monster:

Joking aside, if I hadn't been poorly sick again, my internet went off for some time today. Virgin Media are gonna get a right round of fucks for this.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind

Tried several old avys and they won't work. "Unable to save image" it says.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Fake edit: yup, I forgot to chown the files back to www-data after upgrading to the latest patch release, whoops :monster:. This basically meant the webserver wasn't allowed to create new files (which you tried to upload) into the /customavatars folder on the server.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
As a random update / thing: if you experienced sluggishness somewhere in probably the past two hours, there seemed to be... IDK what actually. It looked like a DDOS or aggressive indexing attempt; our server was fully loaded with repeated requests for random member profile pages from various IP addresses (all pointing to Micfo LLC, a server hoster / provider so probably someone rented servers there) and randomized user agents. These IPs were responsible for over 100K requests to the profile pages before I IP-banned them via the server's firewall. I also sent a message to the party renting out those servers that one of their customers was being a dick.

Fangu

Great Old One
So I noticed that the Go To Forum Page Template (landing page for threads output on the front page that requires forum log in) wasn't working and probably has been broken for some time now (since mysql_real_escape_string was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, lol). Thanks to Lex giving me admin powarz in WP and Yop fixxing write rights on the file in particular (and providing programming language translation - PHP is so not my thing these days) I was able to make it work again.

So, huzzah, you have now shown interest in bras

/ sneaky bugfixing

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think I broke my TLS.

So I was sending a PM and it was taking a little long to load after hitting send, and then it whitescreened and only said "Rate Limit Exceeded"

I just opened TLS in a new tab and it worked okay, but just thought it might be worth mentioning?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This comes up every now and then. Start off by following this advice:
I have installed a system that will temporarily block anyone that performs too many requests to [the top 10 stats] resource in a short period of time. We've had major downtime a few times (see earlier in this thread) because some people's browsers went haywire with that script and spammed the server until it could no longer handle anyone else's requests.

(I had forgotten all about that one actually)

If you get the rate limit exceeded error, disable the top 10 stats on the front page. If you don't have that though, I could see to changing the settings for it.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I don't think I have the top 10 stats up anymore? The front index page of the forum is pretty bland and statless

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
You probably disabled them accidentally. You should be able to re-enable them in Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Display Top 10 stats on forum home page.

Fangu

Great Old One
Nah someone disabled them for everyone a good while back, iirc, due to server problems. You need to re-enable the stats like Aaron suggests.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I should fixx that rate limiter, or get rid of it again since IDK if it actually does anything.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Both "Welcome Back" and "Top 10 Stats" are enabled but I see neither one.

aVyTsA0.png

Lex

Administrator
Are you on the right page? For the record, it should be the index. They're right at the bottom.

If they're still not there, turn them off, save, turn them on again, save. Should do the trick assuming you haven't tried that already.

Top Bottom