• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Report Bugs

Lex

Administrator
Whaddyamean with this? I'm having a hard time parsing this :monster:. I've put the css for the badges over in the messages template instead of extra.less, but, should move it over there.

Your original CSS only worked on chrome and idk why, so we basically have 3 copies of the same code each targeting a specific browser. I don't care but I thought you might for like... developeyness or whatever :3. So what I was saying is if you move the code to extra.less or change it to work on all browsers we can just delete the new code I put in extra.less.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sure.

Also, Xf supports LESS (or scss, I forget), which is a neat superset of css allowing e.g. nesting rules, which should reduce duplication.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Administrator
Oh booming. Yeah basically I'm aware that having copies of code is bad practice so I was just saying if you move it or look into it/ change it at some point, that's where it is to be deleted if need be. But as I say I don't care one way or the other as long as I understand it and it works :3.

Fangu

Great Old One
pfffft LESS is for systems where people lets go of and bring in new consultants every 2 months and lose track of their CSS :monster:

/ hardcore
/ not relevant

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Just realised that Gaming and Entertainment are set to private for non-logged in users? I swear I could see them on the old forum without being logged in?

Lex

Administrator
You're right. I'm going to fix that now :monster:

EDIT: I looked into it - it's resolved. It's partly because Xenforo sets "unregistered/ unconfirmed" users to "inherit" so I had to manually give that "group" the ability to "view threads by others" etc. Have a check for me? Checked it myself but always good to get confirmation.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Not sure if bug or not but on mobile I have to turn my phone landscape to log out because the little avatar icon isn't there on the top bar in the portrait layout.

Lex

Administrator
Idk what that could be Mage, it should look like this in portrait:

Screenshot_20180816-062910.png

The frame should be wrapping to the screen, unless there's some setting enabled. What browser and phone?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
You're right. I'm going to fix that now :monster:

EDIT: I looked into it - it's resolved. It's partly because Xenforo sets "unregistered/ unconfirmed" users to "inherit" so I had to manually give that "group" the ability to "view threads by others" etc. Have a check for me? Checked it myself but always good to get confirmation.

Yep, just checked, all fixed. :)

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
@ Lex: Nope, my avatar icon disappears. I'll take a screencap when I'm back on my phone and it's charged.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
image.png

Still shitty iPhone 4, iOS 9.5 something or other. I mean it's not a big deal, just doesn't make sense having it in one orientation and not the other.

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
View attachment 1520

Still shitty iPhone 4, iOS 9.5 something or other. I mean it's not a big deal, just doesn't make sense having it in one orientation and not the other.

This isn't a real bug, thats the way how the XF template was built for work on all display resolutions. In Iphone 4 and 5 screens size at vertical orientation, the profile section will be compacted in the left menu:

screen-mobile-profile-menu-iphone.png

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Yeah, looks like it's a screen size thing rather than an issue with the theme, which is why you can see the avatar when it's in landscape.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's more than enough room for it though, and it's only that icon - there are no devices smaller than 325px wide. WICBA I'll see to smushing the distance between the icons a bit on smoller screens.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Loosely related comment because of things that I do for my job: The 320 CSS pixel width is likely gonna be a common design parameter for responsive design standards as a minimum horizontal size, due to the WCAG 2.1 updates really focusing on that. So if you end up doing more designs, testing, and whatnot for mobile or responsive design on TLS or elsewhere, I'd expect to see that value popping up more and more in the near future (since WCAG 2.1 was just released this summer and isn't tied to any legal standards yet, but will likely start to replace WCAG 2.0 for that fairly soon).

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Thank f*dge I'm not a designer, 320px is not a lot to play with.

Then again, designers have it easy because they get to only make one pixel perfect ideal design while implementers have to try and make it work, and make it work in multiple resolutions. urgh. I'm going back to java :monster:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
I don't know if this is a bug or just my laptop being weird, so if it's not I'm really sorry!

But basically, when I click on a thread with New posts that has say an embedded tweet or something like that on the same page as the new post(s) (that seems to be what's causing it, anyway), the page initially loads to show the new post but then a moment later it jumps up to the embedded thing. This is happening to me pretty consistently but I can't think of a way of like ... showing you? It's not that big of a deal either, just a tiny bit annoying so I thought I should say something.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I wonder if it's something with the browser taking a second to load in the embed, and then when that content loads afterwards, it moves focus to that, and pulls away from the new post.

X :neo:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Sorry to double post. It's done it again a couple times today. Just now in the XV thread, it jumped up to a post with a link in it, BUT it also went a little past it. I don't know if that makes sense, but you know how when it loads a new post, they're always right up flush with the top of the page, this one was just like randomly in the middle.

So, anyway, probably it's just my browser or something and I should stfu, right?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think I might've seen similar behaviour, so I'll see if I can try to be more attentive of it today & figure out if there's something specific causing it that I can figure out. Lemme know if you notice any other correlations.

EDIT: Yup, figured it out. It's that embedded content loads a little bit slower than the in-page anchoring, so it bumps the view away by however much the posts ABOVE the anchor change their size.

X:neo:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So it's just the page size changing after it's scrolled down to the newest post? That's annoying, probably also an issue for e.g. slow loading images and shit. I'm not sure how I'd fix that if I had to build something like that tbh.

Top Bottom