• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Rep system pl0x.

Yes, I know rep is meaningless. But, I feel an overwhelming need to press a rep button when I read a valid post. Implement pl0x.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm waiting for more input from others, but it was pretty terrible back on ACF, with people complaining about getting negrepped and cliques posrepping each other all the time. Nubs back on FFOF are complaining slash asking about getting rep (pos / neg) already, I really don't want the same to happen over here.

Besides, reputation is something different for everyone, can't be expressed in a figure or a green or red bar, :monster:. But I'll wait to see what Everyone Else thinks of it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think rep would be okay, but I do agree that it just breeds stupidity and wank. Honestly, I don't care either way.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I could go either way, since it is nice to show a little recognition for people who do something good/interesting/fgj, but at the end of the day it doesn't really mean much. Not worth drama over it.

If it were implemented, definitely no negative repping :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=186.msg3786#msg3786 date=1230057765]
No thanks imo.
[/quote]

This. It's a useless feature that doesn't really contribute anything.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=186.msg3810#msg3810 date=1230060879]
[/quote]

Yeah, but doesn't that take away the whole point of a reputation? It would be either good or awesome rep, depending mainly on who your e-friends are.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=186.msg3832#msg3832 date=1230072498]
[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=186.msg3810#msg3810 date=1230060879]
[/quote]

Yeah, but doesn't that take away the whole point of a reputation? It would be either good or awesome rep, depending mainly on who your e-friends are.
[/quote]
I think it should be disabled, it was disabled on ACF as well.

I only rep posts that I find enlightening or extremely lolworthy. I rarely negrep, if ever. If anyone here makes a post deserving a negrep from me, that post probably deserves administrative action.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=186.msg3846#msg3846 date=1230073961]
I thought it was fun. But whatever.
[/quote]

Translation:

I want it but you're all poopin on my party so fuck you!

:monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I just disabled it on FG earlier today due to virtually nonstop bitching. I don't really care whether it gets enabled here though.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
[quote author=Dacon link=topic=186.msg3867#msg3867 date=1230078915]
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=186.msg3846#msg3846 date=1230073961]
I thought it was fun. But whatever.
[/quote]

Translation:

I want it but you're all poopin on my party so fuck you!

:monster:
[/quote]

That works, too.

I like the concept, but inpracticeit doesn't work because of what's already been said, friends, cliches, etc. I feel just as good being able to just tell someone that I agree with what they wrote, etc. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While I personally have no problems with it, given the reasons for hiding the Post Count it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Don't mind either way. I think that it's mostly the responsibility of the members present to use it well. As we all know Rep is nothing more than a popularity / attention whoring device to some people. And as was demonstrated on FFOF recently - some people take Rep WWWAAAYYY too seriously.

X :neo:

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=X-SOLDIER link=topic=186.msg4412#msg4412 date=1230297591]
Don't mind either way. I think that it's mostly the responsibility of the members present to use it well. As we all know Rep is nothing more than a popularity / attention whoring device to some people. And as was demonstrated on FFOF recently - some people take Rep WWWAAAYYY too seriously.

The truth is finally told :monster: imho

X :neo:
[/quote]

I'm sorry to bump this old thread but there is a rep system for SMF 2.0 Beta 4 (like you have here) that works just like Vbulletin's if you guys are interested. Sounds like you've made up your minds though. I'm throwing it out there if you guys want it though.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yop would have to install it and he's away at the moment. I probably have the tech knowledge to install it, but don't have the access, :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
To be fair, I don't know if I'd be arsed to do it even if I did have the access, since a lot of people don't seem to think it's necessary. That said, if people wanted it and I had the access I would install it :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Tbh it seems like more people don't give a shit either way (like me :monster:) than actually oppose it. Unless this thread is actually a poll, in which case I haven't been arsed looking properly.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's built-in and can be activated through the ACP (configuration -> core features), but I'm fairly sure the general consensus on the matter is 'nay', so I'll leave it off for great justice.

Top Bottom