• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes!!!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The official cannon of events was later confirmed to be Claire A / Leon B. With the Remake however, the storyline has just been intertwined more solidly into one scenario from just their different perspectives.

Been taking my time with this game because I love it so much. It is everything that I had hoped for. The love and attention poured into it is just beyond question. I started with Leon and instantly became absorbed into the game. It's updated but nostalgic at the same time, paying homage but not afraid to introduce new aspects along the way. For years I have been clamoring for Resident Evil to get back to its roots and to #makezombiesgreatagain. This game does that.

Loving having to manage my inventory, to work out little puzzles, and to fight actual FRIGHTENING zombies. Their moans, the way they move and sway, their sudden attacks, and when you are NEVER sure if they are well and truly dead. It is everything that I wanted from this game ... and I'm not even that far into it yet. The voice-acting and story has definitely been taken up a notch as well. Seriously love Marvin, and the encounters between Leon and Claire are ace.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Since I've never really been into the RE games myself, but I've watched Max do some playthroughs of HD versions of the original games, so I've been watching him play through Leon A & Claire B on Hardcore and man... the game is just spectacular.

This is the kind of thing that I really hope that the FFVII Remake manages to achieve. RE2 Remake genuinely understands the original game, such that it can change little bits and pieces in ways that feel like re-envisioning some of the events but not in a bad way at all, and often having little nods to something in the original where it does deviate. Leon A took him almost 12 hours to get the hang of Hardcore (and going almost 3 hours or so with less than 5 bullets as a result of the learning curve), and so far it seems like Claire B is gonna go a bit more smoothly just as a result of getting the hang of what to conserve and when.

There're a shitton of frustrating, scary, tense and startling moments, but probably the most horrified I saw him so far was in
Reading the taxidermy log in Police Chief Irons' Office. The notes for the Siberian Tiger got a full stop less than halfway through him reading the first sentence. Then, when he read the next one, he called out the listed physical details of the pig compared to the previous entry, and then re-read the description... Ugh. What a sick fucking monster. They did a damn good job to make sure that out of all of the fucked-up, undead horrors that you encounter, an everyday human is the most utterly disgusting monster of all of them.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The game sold 252,848 (ps4) copies on its first week in Japan.

For comparison, this are the first week sales of other notable PS4 games:

#1 - Monster Hunter World - 1,350,412
#2 - Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - 950,338
#3 - Final Fantasy XV - 716,649
#4 - Kingdom Hearts 3 - 610,077
#5 - Knack - 322,083
#6 - Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - 315,288
#7 - Persona 5 - 268,320
#8 - Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below - 255,292
#9 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - 233,762
#10 - Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 231,188

This would make RE2Remake the ninth best FW seller on PS4.

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Completed Leon's 'First Scenario'. :monster:
Got a rank B, 7 hours 21 minutes.

Which unlocked Claire's Other Scenario...
(So I guess there is a Leon A , Claire B thing going on.)
4 games modes? Leon 1st and 2nd Scenario, Claire 1st and 2nd Scenario. Haven't played a 2nd scenario yet so I dunno whats different.
Looking forward to playing as Claire at the weekend.

[Random thoughts]
I love the new look Police station!
It clips along at a nice pace, a bit longer than the original.
Each Zombie feels like a threat, they aren't just cannon fodder.
Ammo is scare, it's a survival horror.
I wish there was more character interaction, (more of Claire and Leon together at the beginning would have been nice.)
Lickers can fuck right off. :rage:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I haven't got round to playing it yet (but definitely will).

Does the Tyrant dude actually work? I don't normally like stuff like that (being forced to play with a count-down timer)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Jesus Christ ... I finally encountered the Tyrant! Dude is freaking scary as hell. I absolutely love that you quickly learn to fear the sound of those footsteps, and how he just bursts through the police station's walls is just terrifying. Safe in the main hall? Hah! My heart literally froze in shock when I saw him proceeding to follow me into the main hall and down the stairs!

And I am genuinely surprised at the scarcity of ammo. I thought that they were exaggerating a little with the statement that it would be difficult to shoot everything in sight ... but they weren't wrong. It's made already tension-filled encounters even more-so, as you figure out the best paths, whether to cap a zombie in the knee, or remain quiet and rush past it, especially with Lickers thrown into the mix. I love that by doing so, it's placed more of an emphasis on both the survival-horror and item management, as well as a dependence on the gunpowder and what you choose to craft with it.

Speaking of Lickers, I was scoffing at them earlier as soon as I realised that if I remained absolutely still, or walked very slowly when they were some distance away, then I could easily avoid most of them. Of course, the Tyrant then showed me how scared I should be when he proceeded to chase me in the West Wing corridor, causing enough noise to wake the dead and close-lining me right into the arms of a Licker. Jesus.

Absolutely loving this. Gonna take a deep breath and continue on. About to work out the Library puzzle.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
Angry Joe gave this a 9 out of 10:

He also mentioned free DLC thats coming soon that I had no idea about:

Capcom's highly anticipated remake of Resident Evil 2 is out now, and it's received a great deal of acclaim from fans and critics alike. Prior to its release, Capcom had announced that new content will be on the way to the game for free, and it turns out it's coming quite soon. The publisher has confirmed that the Ghost Survivors DLC will release on February 15.

Ghost Survivors gives players a chance to experience the game from three new perspectives. According to Capcom, the mode will "explore 'what if' stories of three unfortunate souls who never made it out of Raccoon City." In No Time to Mourn, players will be cast as the gunshop owner; in Runaway, they'll play as the mayor's daughter; and Forgotten Soldier places them in the boots of the soldier.

:monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
>That feeling when you uninstall KH3 to make room for Resident Evil 2 cause you have to save HD space

Whelp, finally started it and I'm already losing my shit.

Oh my God this. Is. Amazing.

I never looked at any real trailers for it, the demo, anything.

And I'm fucking floored. The horror, graphics. Everything. They brought Raccoon City to life in a way I never thought I'd see. The poice station is gorgeous yet horrifying.

And the blood. Oh my God.

Like, I haven't played RE2 in forever but this game?

I can't believe it's 2019 and zombies are still scaring the fuck out of me thanks to this game.

I was worried about how they could top RE7 but, they clearly did it.

Just met Marvin and they did it perfectly. My goodness they really are doing this whole thing right. Talk about a remake.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I cannot wait to see your continued updates as you progress through. :D
Also, did you start as Leon or Claire?

X:neo:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I started as Leon first.

And just. I fucking lost it at the Licker. Damn thing nearly killed me.

I also don't like stumbling into libraries only to get dogpiled by zombies pissed off I'm interrupting dinner.

And finally, zombies going through doors after I think I ditched them by hurriedly entering a room only to have them bust through and chomp on the back of my neck sucks :mon:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I progressed past the police station without triggering Marvin turning. Every time I did, that dick Mr. X showed up so I nope'd the fuck out. Now I feel bad that I wasn't there to show mercy to my pal :(

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
My younger brother told me unequivocally that he won't be playing it as his nerves are frayed from playing the originals. :monster: Pretty sure he's going to buy it. :awesome:

I've been watching Jacksepticeye and Markiplier do the honours rather than playing myself and as a remake goes, it's pretty much everything you want. I love how the details have been expanded on, everything's bigger, the storyline is more in-depth, the dialogue is just great!

The hard mode is how we played it originally with ink ribbons. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Yeah, I felt really sad taking Marvin out. It just says it all that the improved story segment that they gave him and Leon, as well as the improved visuals, really made a lasting connection and impression with the guy. Speaking of impressions, Ada Wong is perfect, lol. I love the sass and the connection building between herself and Leon. I've pushed through the sewers and now into the water treatment facility. The small gunshop segment was really well done - short but really poignant in summing up the fallout of the entire situation.

Unfortunately, in every great game, they seem compelled to give you a stealth section that usually falls flat ... and that is no different here. I hated it in Spider-man and the Remake doesn't impress. At least it's short.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's 8:55pm.

I'm bleeding badly.

Trapped in the fucking STARS office.

Because Mr. X is fucking stalking the hall back and forth.

This sonofabitch keeps waking up really fast. Like, faster than I remember in the old game?? I swear he was only KOd for like 20 seconds before he got pissed and started charging at me. And I'm fucking terrified to come out and waste my ammo on putting him down only for him to get back up a few seconds later and chase me more. Between dancing with his dumbass and trying to remember where to go, a tubby zombie took a chunk out of Leon's shoulder and then Mr. X tackled me.

Fucking Tyrants, man.

Ghost X

I wonder if when that glitch happens if both permanently stay. He teleports around, so maybe it reverts to one when that happens.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I know that they mentioned it briefly in the Out of Bounds video, and he mentions a couple other channels that've apparently gone into some detail about what causes it that may have some clarification on the glitch and what happens with it.

X :neo:

Top Bottom