• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes!!!

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The original RE4 has aged pretty well and is easily one of my favourite games ever... so I am not sure how I feel about this rumour.

I just finished playing 2 and 3 remakes back to back, and I think both are great and work very well as a pair. That being said, I'm apprehensive with how 4 would fit with the new direction.

I think I would be excited if they did a complete graphical update with some mechanical changes and QOL improvements. Dunno if a ground-up remake ala 2 and 3 is something I personally really want for that game, though obviously I would still play it...

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
There are some reports flying around of Paul Haddad (OG RE2 Leon's VA) having passed away on April 11, his family has yet to make a confirmation.

Ghost X

I don't think RE4 needs a remake, but will be glad to be proven wrong :P. I didn't like RE3, but found the remake actually enjoyable to watch, so that's good :mon:.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
There are some reports flying around of Paul Haddad (OG RE2 Leon's VA) having passed away on April 11, his family has yet to make a confirmation.

It’s been confirmed that Paul Haddad had indeed passed away. RIP.

Thoughts on the games:
RE2make was a hell of a great remake despite the way the A/B scenarios were handled. It’s everything I want in a survival horror game. Claire’s design grew on me but Leon is goddamn fine asf :desu: RE3 on the other hand... I’m not super impressed by. I don’t hate it, but I was somewhat disappointed in Nemesis.
The scripted encounters took a lot away from the fear factor and his humanoid form was extremely under utilized.
They nailed Carlos in this remake though. I want to see him in future games. Cmon Capcom. Don’t leave us in a cold, cruel, Carlosless world :rage:

I’d love to see a RE4 remake, but not until they remake Code Veronica.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I’d gladly buy any Carlos game Capcom puts out even if it’s a dating sim

Anyone out there enjoying Resistance? I must admit I’ve never touched it beyond the tutorial. It’s just not my cup of tea..

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've gotten every Mastermind at least to level 30 :monster:

This game is more fun to me than RE3, and I did not expect that. I can forgive the shorter campaign since they included this as well. Like, this is so much fun, it's not even funny.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I bought the game on ps4 and don't have the subscription anymore to play resistance online. unless you don't need to? I've been waffling if I should but it again on steam, but don't wanna pay full price again ><

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Played Re3: Remake

I don't think I have any actual criticisms, just a few plot developments I didn't like relative to the original. I don't like Brad's new death, felt Carlos had too big a role, and so on.

Jill's new costume makes some sense, at least.

Nemesis doesn't end up very distinct from Birkin, and Mr X, but I'm not sure what they could have done without making the game unplayable. Maybe dial up his cleverness.

Top Bottom