• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remakes!!!

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
>That feeling when you aim for a headshot with a fully upgraded shotgun at a lunging zombie and only take off half it's face, its entire left arm, and still get bitten.

....W-What..? How is this..?

Like.

Are these zombies eating nothing but bodybuilders or something? The zombies in this game are like Majin Buu-tier bullet sponges sometimes. It's like RE2 took the trope of how becoming a zombie makes your skull 2x squishier and weaker to impact, and reversed it into their heads become tempered fucking steel on infecting.

I can buy maybe 1 or 2 headshots being needed to take down a zombie with a 9mm. But 3? 4? 6???

And then sometimes they just.. Survive having their face blown clean off?! What is this I don't even.

At least the Ivy plant zombies have the decency to just burn to death and not come back after you make them extra crispy.

I feel like the police here when I play sometimes, except I'm going for headshots, unloading into their faces...

And they still keep coming.

The Sewers were hell but at least I'm in the NEST now and not having to watch Ada burn to death or be devoured over and over anymore. :mon:

EDIT: WHY THE FUCK IS MR. X HERE NOW? GODDAMN TRENCHCOAT BASTARD.

EDIT2: Holy shit, those final boss fights.

G definitely is one of the most dangerous fucking B.O.Ws as I remembered. Took me 3 times to finally beat him in an acceptable way that didn't ruin my ammo and health items. Had to just constantly toss flash bangs at him to make him stand still and quit slashing like a maniac. I seriously loved how they made G look. The first form was just as nuts and claustrophobic as before. Being stuck in a room with a pissed off, mutated father swinging a steelpipe is as dangerous as it sounds :mon:

The final fight against the Trenchy-Tyrant was pretty badass and crazy. That asshole was clearly at the end of his rope with constantly being avoided and shot at. It felt so satisfying sending the RPG into his face.

...And speaking of rocket launchers, the moments between Ada and Leon were just as sweet and endearing as I had hoped. I don't know why I was worried how they'd handle those two but it was good. I actually felt a bit emotional at the part where Ada has the gun at Leon, Leon refuses to hand the virus over, tells her to shoot him, and she doesn't.... That was like the best part. You can tell just how tsundere she is for him :desu:

But yeah this game was... Amazing. If there's one thing Capcom knows how to do is re-release the same game multiple times and remake said games! XD

But seriously, this is fucking amazing. I have no complaints. Can't wait to play Claire's scenario and then use the original RE2 soundtrack for it.

EDIT3: Okay... I wasn't crazy... Because, I could have sworn there was another form of G I had yet to face... But I thought maybe I just imagined it or it was like an exclusive to that rail-shooter re-telling, Darkside Chronicles. Yeah... So apparently I'm gonna have to wait to put down the giant fucking worm-mouth version of G-Birkin or something...?

And God, I apparently sucked ass my first playthrough.

83 saves, 13:33:35 playtime.... C Rank on standard. Not like I was trying to S-Rank my first playthrough anyways :mon:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
One of the things that I like is how for these zombies, they adhere more to the rule that you have to destroy the brain to stop them, not just get a headshot. It makes them feel a lot more terrifying since it's hard to judge if they've actually been put down or not, which I think that the "headshot rule" from shows like The Walking Dead have largely contributed to making the shambling versions feel a bit less terrifying. Being able to get a good shot on something and still not stop them is annoying, but it's also kind of neat because it means that it changes how you can approach things tactically by taking out their legs or limbs as ways to avoid them more easily. Watching no-hit runs and speedrunning tactics helps to get a sense of those things in really interesting ways, and I've started appreciating that a whole lot more because of it.

X:neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
With KH3 done I have now started this.

help im scared

I'm already appreciating the good lighting and HDR in this

also good faces

also I just shot a zombie and he was like, dead and I explored the room for like a good two or three minutes before the fucker decided to get up again like what an asshole

As I have always done I started with Claire of course because Claire is bae

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
From what I've done so far, it seems like Claire's scenario is easier. I don't know if she's just lucky but I'm getting a lot more critical headshots with her, and couple that with my previous experience with Leon, this run is not as difficult as Leon's harrowing experience.

The new additions with Chief Brian Irons blew my mind. Did not see that coming in the parking lot, and it's pretty awesome. Loved the orphanage portion too.

Little additions like that and stuff really make this remake fun and interesting. I was afraid they'd remove Brian Irons 'hobby' of taxidermy... Imagine my surprise and relief when I went inside his office and found a fucking makeshift zoo. And then they kept the fate of the mayor's daughter intact when you go into the orphanage with Sherry and try to escape into his office.

So yeah, this is just pretty damn creepy and awesome. I can only imagine what the Side B playthroughs will be like.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I fucked myself over in a section of the sewers.

I ran out of healing items, and I am down to my last hit. I have to run past a bunch of g-adults and grab the king and queen chess plugs. If i can manage that as well as grabbing the red/blue/green herbs on the way, I can make it back to my save room.

FUCK i took a lot of needless hits when i opened my way back to the police station and tried to get some stuff i missed :(

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Okay so, the Licker. Was entering a hallway and thought to myself "I can feel it, it's gonna happen soon. There's gonna be a cutscene somewhere ahead and Licker's gonna enter the scene". Then noticed movement on the ceiling up ahead and fucking froze. No cutscene.

IT'S RIGHT HERE RAY. IT'S LOOKING AT ME.

Well not looking so much as they don't have eyes. I did not expect the Licker to be introduced by just...being there.

So I sloooooowly scooted on over there and just quietly noped into the STARS office to the side. Oh hey, remember this place? And they fixed my issue from the original where it was just big enough to only have enough desks for the survivors somehow. Here it's got desks for all the STARS! Anyway, eventually I had to leave my safe space and get back out there.
Only to find it's gone. Slooooooowly I made my way around the corner with grenade launcher in hand and almost had a mini heart attack when it was right there on the wall coming towards me. I wish I had recorded my reaction to this shit, I was so tense :'D
Decided to play it safe and just roast it with a flame grenade.

Later on, going into the secret basement or whatever, looking down into the machine room and seeing all these tight corridors with a few larger spaces here and there just big enough to allow you to run past some huge fucker if one were to come after you...yeah that's a boss arena. BOY I WONDER IF IT'S WILLIAM BIRKIN.

Of fucking course it is.

I had so many flame rounds and he just ATE them. D<
I wonder if I should've directly aimed for his huge arm eye? In retrospect that seems like maybe it could've been a weakpoint or something. Oh well, too late now.

Then the encounter with Chief Irons in the parking lot. Didn't expect that! It's interesting how different this is from the original. This guy doesn't even try to hide that he is an utter psycho cockwomble.

Exploring the rest of B1 like "oh shit, I gotta go to the kennel, there's gonna be zombie dogs there..."

Remake's all like "yeah haha, except they're all dead already BECAUSE LICKERS ATE THEIR FACES pls enjoy"

fuck

Not wanting to waste my few grenades that I have left I try to sneak past them, just walking right through, Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the background

Success! Except on my way back from the morgue I have to go through again and the game just places them so that they block my way.
Aaaaaand there go my last grenades after all =<

Fast forward a bit and I just met Mr. X for the first time and noooOOOOOOO you fucking freako STOP STOMPING AROUND EVERYWHERE I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS STRESS it sounds like my neighbors upstairs KEEP IT DOWN ffs

And then. And then.

I had a realization.

There were huge spiders in the original. So there's gotta be spiders in this.
And I hate spiders. Zombies, Lickers whatever dude FUCKING SPIDERS are gonna be a thing and I can't deal with this shit right now :(

FUCK this shit

good game so far 10/10

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Had an amusing game of "Hide-And-Go-Fuck-Yourself" with an Adult G creature in the sewers.

I was on the mound of sludge right before you take a right, go up the ladder and make it back to the safety of the monitor room. I had the King and Queen Chess Pieces and was ready to figure out the puzzle and save Sherry.

But in the water gap between the sludge island and the ladder was a new fucking G Adult that did not want to let me pass.

If I went into the water, it rose up and tried to lunge at me. If I went back to the island, it submerged back into the water.

So I had to waste 5 minutes baiting it out of the water and making sure to aim carefully with my new Spark Shot. Thankfully, my aim was true and I jolted it's fucking eyeball out.

"Fucking bastard."-Claire

Amen, Claire. Amen. :mon:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Me: "Cool, I lost Mr. X, can't hear his stomping anmore. Oh hey Marvin, how's it going? You're a zombie now? Let me take care of that real quick"
*shoots a few rounds*
Mr. X: "WHAT WAS THAT NOISE"
Me: fuck

I can't deal with this shit. He just...follows you everywhere. And then I run straight into Lickers and...fuck. At least I shot his stupid hat off.
I don't need this stress in my life, I'm gonna go back to Kingdom Hearts and take selfies with Elsa

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I've yet to start the game. But the only thing I dislike is the fact that zombies can revive after you've killed them.
That doesn't sound like a good game mechanic to me.
Isn't it really annoying?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
^ I have found that they generally stay down permanently so long as you pop em in the head enough times.

Maybe it depends how much time you spend in an area? I feel like I take plenty of time with puzzles and don't recall worrying about zombies I had already taken down.

I know if you don't use any of your boards, zombies will continuously come through open windows. That was more of a struggle for me than already dead zombies coming back to life, since I neglected boarding any windows,

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
All we can hope is the love and care that was put into this game is also put into the FF7 Remake. The 7emake as I like to call it. This game, from what I played of the demo, is a masterpiece. Can't wait to dive in!

Sadly, my backlog is ridiculous and I need to finish Red Dead's epilogue, then God of War, and possibly Birth by Sleep/Dream Drop Distance to catch up for Kingdom Hearts III and then inevitably play that too... Or I'll play Resident Evil 2 before taking the KH journey. We will see, but either way I still have a ways to go! :(

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I didn't need to worry about the spiders it seems because they just omitted them from the remake. :wacky:

I'm on my 2nd run with Leon now. As a Resident Evil game it's pretty good. As a remake...it's a bit of a mixed bag for me. A couple of things that are better, a couple of neat surprises and callbacks but also a bunch of omissions and changes where I preferred the original. REmake 1 is still the gold standard of remakes in my opinion. That one straight up replaced the original for me.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The 4th Survivor gave me PTSD.

My God.

HUNK's life is suffering. How the fuck were there IVY, G-Adults, flaming zombies, AND regular zombies all in one space outside?

With Mr. X chasing behind.

But I did it. 25 minutes though. I'm so pathetic.

But it's done. One day I'll improve that time.

One day....

ikFM-3LgA6A3XXq3spcnyrhPdig=.gif

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Been itching to continue my playthrough but I can't since I don't have access to my PS4 for another week. I left events with Leon in the Nest's Arboretum segment.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I finally got around to beating Leon A. I got C, clocking about 12 hours and 75 saves. My time is a bit off because i sometimes left the game running while i ran to cook/shower - i think my actual playtime is more in the 9-10 range.

Anyways I started Claire B, and I'm only minorly annoyed that doors i opened as Leon are locked. I know its that bastard Mr X trying to scare me :(

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finished my first run-through of the game with Leon!

52901606_10161524616865319_4781489461735194624_o.jpg

Seriously, this was an incredible remake from start to finish. That final stand off between Leon and Ada just oozed emotion and was so intense! They did such an amazing job at keeping some of the campiness but really giving the story a level of depth that the original simply didn't have. Like Clickers in TLOU, the Ivy monsters freaked me out whenever I heard them, giving that portion of the game a bit of the same fear that you felt whenever you heard Mr X's boots stomping nearby.

I know I'm a horder for rainy days, but damn. My item box was overflowing by the end. I barely used any of the Mags or Herbs I still had in stock.

Looking forward to giving Claire's scenario a go!

Top Bottom