• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil Series

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Re: Resident Evil 5

That'd be pretty fucking stupid and insane to do. Unless RE5 ties up absolutely every single loose end and explains the fate of every single character in the game and how the biohazard has been contained for good in all the countries of the world..

And tells us what the fuck happened Ozwell Spencer.

I sincerely doubt they'd end it now. Especially with it being so damn successful.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

It means what made RE, RE is barely apparent in the game.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

So basically what I was afraid was gonna happen, happened :monster:

Meh, oh well. I suppose as long as its good, that's what counts. Change can be good when...it's good.

But I do hope they'll one day get back to basics and give me a RE that actually scares me and challenges me.

Hell, the only difficult thing in RE4 was the fucking Mercenaries side game. And maybe Ada Wong's storyline where she has to sink those two ships. That's it. The game is fun but not overly difficult.

I remember staying up for hours trying to beat RE one though....that game pissed me off so much with how hard some of it was with Chris...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

Regenerators scared the shit outta me with their fukcing breathing noises. Also, that one time when I shot off a Regenerator's legs and thought, lol you can't move, and then that fucker jumped forward from the ground and bit my damn nuts. I freaked out. :P

"Resident Evil is gone, long live Resident Evil" means that the old Re is obviously fucking dead, but the new RE carries on.

I do hope this RE game will have more things that will try to scare the hell out of you like the old RE games did. I like the action direction they're taking it but damnit, I don't want them to just abandon their roots either.

Though this seems to be even less focusing on a horror-movie atmosphere. RE4 still had the village parts with the rain and storm and lightnings and shit.

German youtube video review:

- they say it rocks the house

- Chris assumes shit has to do with the Progenitor virus

- unlike the predeccesors, there'll be no subtle horror anymore (when was RE ever subtle, you fuckers?), instead it'll be a "terror-action-wankfest" (my own translation :duhard: ) and they say it in a positive way

- they say that Sheva's AI is constantly pretty good, although my own experience from the demo says otherwise (GTFO OUT OF MY WAY) Personally, after playing the demo, Sheva and me are done, professionally.

- they say that Kijuju is in broad daylight but as the game progresses the atmosphere will get darker and scarier (oh uhm, good?)

- they say there'll be dogs, spiders, other fat mutants, cult members and soldiers to battle

- they say the boss fights could be from Metal Gear Solid (sounds very good imo, Krauser was rather MGS-ish, and his fight was the best ever)

- there'll be safes, like the item boxes in the classic RE games to put your shit in when the inventory is too full

- you can buy shit between chapters, though no ammo and you usually won't have a lot of money

- to the question whether the game is still scary with 2 characters being there all the time, they respond with "no".
Nevertheless, the game will "mess us up". Like Re4, the enemies will constantly terrorize you

- there'll be moments where you'll split up and those are usually really mean

- presentation and graphics are awesome (no shit)

Hell, the only difficult thing in RE4 was the fucking Mercenaries side game. And maybe Ada Wong's storyline where she has to sink those two ships. That's it. The game is fun but not overly difficult.

I remember staying up for hours trying to beat RE one though....that game pissed me off so much with how hard some of it was with Chris...

Dunno, I found RE4 to be more challenging than most of the classic REs.

Though at the same time the continue function and the restart points made the thing a bit easier. And fairer, too.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Well I'm glad to hear that despite the way RE5 is branching away from its roots, its still good in and of itself. I like that and I feel confident.

Sheva is the only real thing I'll worry about, and if that's the case I'll snag some bastard off the street to play with me :monster:'

Tetsujin said:
Regenerators scared the shit outta me with their fukcing breathing noises. Also, that one time when I shot off a Regenerator's legs and thought, lol you can't move, and then that fucker jumped forward from the ground and bit my damn nuts. I freaked out.

That happened to me too. I feel your pain. But it was fucking hilarious.

Remember those Iron Maiden ones too? I couldn't believe they could stretch their arms and PULL you to them. I thought I was at a safe distance once and low and behold it PULLED ME IN FOR A HUG. I barely survived before I panicked, took out the Broken Butterfly and just shot it. :monster:

RE4 wasn't challenging for me. It was challenging *enough* but it didn't feel like I was working THAT hard for it. Hell, it was only until I was trying to upgrade everything that I felt the difficulty because I needed to save money and shit.

Ada's game was what got me. I hated the part with all the shooting and ganados on the battle ship. Fucking badass though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Re4 was easy as fuck. Like a mobile shooting gallery.

Re6 is going to have to fix those fucking controls.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Latest Review Scans confirm ZOMBIES WITH FUCKING MACHINE GUNS OMG WTF BBQ HOLY SHIT

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

[quote author=Tetsujin link=topic=451.msg17481#msg17481 date=1234505214]
We are all going to die then.

Dodging is fucking impossible.
[/quote]

No, there's more context sensitive places to take cover like in Re4, but much more often it seems.

But ffs, multiple zombies with automatic weapons, who can take cover AND blind fire?

It's fucking overboard.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

Well that's one nightmarish concept of a zombie apocalypse. : ( It's gonna be like DOOM soon..

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

Wait...

there are ZOMBIES in this? Actual undead zombies?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

Mako, it's obvious that they spliced Ganado parasites with the T-virus, giving the africans some undead appearances.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=451.msg17526#msg17526 date=1234529521]
Wait...

there are ZOMBIES in this? Actual undead zombies?
[/quote]

No, Dac is referring to the Majini dudes.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

After finally getting around to playing the demo (only that part where you're closed in and there's that guy with the axe), I wasn't too impressed, really.

I don't know if I've just forgotten RE4's controls, but this felt awkward. And seeing all the stuff recycled from 4 was disappointing. I liked RE4, but it's a shame they haven't bothered trying to do more new stuff with it.

And I hate that not pausing on the menu thing. I get it if you're playing online, but if I'm playing offline (which I would be) I'd rather it pause properly.

I don't know if I'll get it, really. I've only played RE3 (which I don't remember much of) and 4, so I don't know RE's story very well. All that TriCell stuff doesn't mean much to me. So finding out what happens next isn't that big a draw. I don't even know what happened before. I have RE1 off the Playstation Network, but I haven't started it. Maybe I'll try to go through that (and possibly RE2) and see how I feel.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

[quote author=hitoshura link=topic=451.msg18558#msg18558 date=1234770168]
After finally getting around to playing the demo (only that part where you're closed in and there's that guy with the axe), I wasn't too impressed, really.
[/quote]

Yeah, wasn't all too great, was it?
I loved RE4 and was amazed when I first played it. It's funny how this becomes the complete opposite with RE5. It's just so underwhelming. Thank fuck they announced that RE6 will be reinvented again.

seattle

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=451.msg23745#msg23745 date=1235681107]
Wanna suck Chris Redfield's nipples.
[/quote]
Disturbing.

ehhhh re5 can suck it.

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer

*shacks head* and I was looking forward to RE5. Is anyone getting the PS3 RE5 bundle set? ( It a red PS3 )

haichinamie

Banned

[quote author=seattle link=topic=451.msg23841#msg23841 date=1235699850]
[quote author=haichinamie link=topic=451.msg23745#msg23745 date=1235681107]
Wanna suck Chris Redfield's nipples.
[/quote]
Disturbing.

ehhhh re5 can suck it.
[/quote]

bb please don't act like you don't want to either.

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone

RE5 storyline would probably be the continuation of RE Degeneration. Since Umbrella finally died to hell. But heck, the doctor is still there, what a shame. About Sheva, she's a bitch alright. And CAPCOM probably has to put some "hard problems" within the game - sheva is a good example - to keep the cool up, adding up to those big zombie fights.

Also, as i've seen from the trailers, the zombies can now carry weapons and such harmful things? :o

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

RE4 had zombies/whatever they are with weapons as well.

[quote author=LPod link=topic=451.msg26223#msg26223 date=1236085158]
But heck, the doctor is still there, what a shame.
[/quote]
Doctor? Is that the woman in the white dress? ("If you're done with your little vigilante game, I suggest you leave. There's nothing here worth risking your lives for" woman.) She was in Degeneration?

Top Bottom