• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil Series

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I already have the GameCube version, so....

...I'm gonna buy it again. :awesome:

The prerendered BGs in this are insane. They hold up really well even now actually. They're gonna be stunning in HD (assuming they don't just lazily upscale them...)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
apparently only the ps3 version is getting a physical release, all the others are download only (unless that's only for the japanese version)

it also includes remastered versions of wesker's report 1 and 2 (though 2 is text so what's there to remaster)

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
This is actually pretty huge news. That means Nintendo's rights to the Gamecube games either expired or they sold them back to Capcom.

The Gamecube REs (REmake and Zero) are my favorite in the series, but because the Gamecube wasn't as successful as it could have been, the sales weren't as strong for the games, which is why Capcom decided to go the Resident Evil 4 route from then on (the title that was allowed to be multi-platform.)

This means that we could get the elements back that people want, if the sales are good--actual puzzles, inventory rationing that is relative to the game, significant threats to provide the horror element, speed runs that test memorization, etc. I know this is Capcom, but they probably will be keeping their eyes on sales like they did back then because they know RE4 isn't cutting it anymore and the series is dying.

And the Gamecube games were damn gorgeous, I would still be okay with RE2 and 3 remakes.

Last edited:

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
REmake for the GameCube was the best in the series IMO. :monster:
It really captured the creepy atmosphere and fear and going around corners of the original but with stunning graphics.
I think the gamecube was the most powerful graphics wise of it's generation (better than PS2), but it got stuck with the Nintendo-Is-For-Kids stigma and didn't do as well as it should have, which is a shame.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Get a first gen Wii instead-- it has GC compatibility, and component cables that aren't rare and hundreds of dollars like they are for the gamecube.

I've been meaning to do this since I got rid of all my SDTVs for space. The game is really fuzzy on HDTVs if you're just using composite cables.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
The problem with the RE4 format is that they deviated from it in some negative ways in RE5 and 6. RE6 makes up for it with an interesting, intertwined narrative structure and an effort at adding some level of complexity to the plot but at the same time there's a ridiculous amount of empowerment.
Co-operative play between 2 empowered playable characters removes a fair bit of the sense of danger. I think its most apparent when most of RE5's more tense moments involve sections where Chris and Sheva are separated and progress through sections on their own, or in claustrophobic situations where enemies are liable to take huge chunks of health at a time or outright kill you (like RE4 and the games before it, who'd have thought?)

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Capcom wants to make a tv show ala Shield that may or may not happen:

Inspired by the Resident Evil franchise, ARKLAY is a new scripted survival horror series that delves into the mysterious homicides of Raccoon City.

When Detective James Reinhardt is thrust into a series of bizarre homicides, he unravels the city is hiding a dark conspiracy. Learning a fatal virus is connected to it all, Reinhardt discovers it's already coursing through him. With time no longer on his side, he must solve the conspiracy to save his own life.

Source

Gee, I wonder if he makes it. :awesome:

I'd still watch it. :sadpanda:

The video in question:

It's a bunch of spliced movie clips for mood setting, not actual footage yet.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Holy crap. I'd watch that in a heartbeat! Looking at other reports, it sounds like they are going more down the Gotham route. Connections to the overarching mythology, and maybe even a lead-up to events of the original RE.

Heck, I'd take anything to erase the movies out of my mind...

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Resident Evil REmake trailer:

Resident Evil Revelations 2 concept trailer:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
haha holy shit that classic door opening

That's an amazing trailer

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
i3Sb31enaljyi.png

iLYvLF8JtVYV0.png

Source

So it will take place on a prison. Cast has yet to be revealed, but people are rumoring it to be Claire and Barry.

EDIT: Moar story details:

“The first Resident Evil takes place in a mansion, and with Revelations taking place on a cruise liner, so you have many stages that were set in closed locations, but Revelations 2 will take place on a lonely island located somewhere in the distant sea. We’d like to make it into something we can call ‘Resident Evil Island’,” says Anba.

“The place is much wider than the cruise liner, so there’s plenty more we can set up than what we had in the previous game,” adds Kawata.

With the other image shown that depicts what appears to be some sort of jail, it looks like the island could be something similar to Alcatraz Island, but Kawata says that it’s not completely a prison island, and there will also be other facilities as well.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will be released in early 2015 for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well those rumors were eerily close.

She also looks like a female Steve.

EDIT: It will take place between 5 & 6 but will not be action-y. They're going for more of a Last of Us mechanic-- Moira points at things and distracts with flashlight, Claire shoots.

Source and more screens

Last edited:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Resident Evil was on sale on Steam this weekend for 10$. I didn't get it, as I have it for PS2 and Wii already. Still if it got to 5$ I would pick it up (same goes for 5).

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yay Claire is back <3

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So Resident Evil Revelations was out originally for 3DS, but according to the wiki:

wiki said:
A high definition port of the game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Xbox 360 in May 2013.

Why am I just learning this now?
It got pretty good reviews and the last couple of RE games I've played were 5 & 6... Not the best the franchise can offer by a long way. <_<

I just ordered the PS3 version off Amazon for £10. :monster:

Top Bottom