• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Resident Evil Series

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Round-up post

^They're actually restructuring quite a bit from scratch, sounds like.

Comparison Screens

Trophy List

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've played the GC version so much that it's strange not seeing the screen go into letterbox mode when the mini-cutscenes activate (when the statue falls, or when the zombie pops up in the gallery storage room.)

That should make the surprises much more seamless for first-time players. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
A few REmake Ps4/Xbone screens

The uprezzing of the backgrounds is very hit and miss...this one looks like straight up garbage:

1416328331-re-nextgen-nov18-05.jpg

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
BARRY WILL SAVE YOU

Finally, a retail box set will be released on March 13th in Europe, and will include all four main episodes, the two spin-off episodes, Hunk in Raid Mode, Albert Wesker in Raid Mode, four alternate costumes (one for each story character), and a Raid Mode Throwback Stage Pack, featuring four stages from previous Resident Evils.

Additionally, Capcom have shared a few details on Barry Burton, who will be returning for Resident Evil: Revelations 2 after a long absence. Barry is teamed up with Natalia, a little girl who has a strange power that allows her to sense enemies and hidden items. The two of them are searching for Barry’s daughter, Moira, who is partnered up with Claire Redfield.

Episode release schedule per region and platform here

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So basically, just wait a month and get the entire game on disc with ALL the extra content and then some. So ... what's the incentive to buy episodic again?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
BAARRRYYYYYYYYYYY

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Hope nobody minds if I gush a little bit, having played 2, 3, and 4.

This is my favourite zombie apocalypse in any medium. I've always had a troubled relationship with zombie apocalypses (apocali?) in general, because I had a hard time suspending my disbelief that they could ever pick up steam, and the author usually constantly has to tweak things so that they continue to be a threat after the initial confusion passes. (Shit, they're somewhere completely secure, quick, somebody needs to let the serial killer out of his cell.) Resident evil manages to make em legitimately dangerous, but has more respect for everybody not the protagonists than these kinds of stories usually do. Umbrella's labs are usually breached by sabotage, the police response was also deliberately sabotaged
by the Chief
, but they still put up a decent defense to the point where the police station is relatively safe compared to the city as a whole, and bit part characters are allowed have moments showing their skills (ie. Mikhail) Also, amazingly, the military quarantine actually works! This series doesn't hate people as much as these kinds of stories usually do (although it still hates helicopter pilots) in my experience, which made it a lot more enjoyable from my perspective.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I watched the Best Friends Play through Revelations 2. So hype to watch!

The hype was pretty infectious (heh) too. Good job, Capcpom! :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
My 'to play' list is getting overwhelming lol. Still got to finish the Remaster then need to get onto Revelations 2, but I'm enjoying the FFX Remaster too much at the moment.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Playing Revelations 2 right now

Moira is the strongest there is. I just used the flashlight and crowbar and took out 2 chainsaw giants. Claire runs out of ammo after 3 minutes, so I'm sticking with Moira.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Do you WANT a RE 2 Remake?

Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!
First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.
Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.
However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
It would be great if they could combine both RE2 & RE3 since they pretty much happen around the same time.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finally. Guess we can also say that 3 will come soon after. Can't wait.

Edit:

Also, finally gotten around to starting Revelations 2. Enjoying it so far.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finished RE Revelations 2 (been playing it only with my housemate - so it took a while to get through it). Have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with the story and some of it just didn't make any clear sense come the ending. I also hope that they don't stick with the episodic format in the future as it really hurt the game's pacing I felt.

Ryukuzin

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Kurosawa
Whilst the RE remaster was awesome, I kinda wish they'd quit with the remasters.

I really want then to go back to the roots. Make a RE game they makes me terrified to open a door. Not the action based games they have become. Creepy music, frightening environments etc.

Top Bottom