Reviving Aeris... phew!

chasesummers

chasesummers
First of all, hello everyone! new here ;)
I'm so glad I finally had the chance to register with The Lifestream because I love the website.

This is probably something everybody is so fed up of hearing and I understand. The thing is, I recently had the opportunity to get myself a PS1 Game Shark CD which lets me do many neat stuff on FFVII.

I'll be making a FFVII run on youtube and I thought it would be cool to keep Aeris around (I have a guide for when to keep or remove Aeris from the party since it can crash). I managed to get Aeris back and also managed to ''move'' her (because usually the game doesn't let you swap her in and out through PHS). Problem is... when I swap her out of the main party and close PHS she is gone!

I'm still amazed how difficult it is to simply keep her in the party through codes. Is there any way to prevent her from disappearing?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Welcome aboard. I don't know much about that, but it's possible Shademp would know, he's more or less turned the game inside out :)

Welcome!
but it's possible Shademp would know, he's more or less turned the game inside out :)
Ashamed to admit that while I did turn the PHS thing inside and out a couple of times through modding via Makou Reactor I never got the hang of it. There were often annoying consequences such as characters instantly dying in battle, not popping up at all, the game freezing and yes character disappearing from the PHS. Additionally, my experience with Makou Reactor unfortunately does not help when it comes to Gameshark cheat codes.

I reckon somebody with more precise knowledge will turn up and help, like JBedford or ultima_espio. =)

chasesummers

chasesummers
Welcome!
but it's possible Shademp would know, he's more or less turned the game inside out :)
Ashamed to admit that while I did turn the PHS thing inside and out a couple of times through modding via Makou Reactor I never got the hang of it. There were often annoying consequences such as characters instantly dying in battle, not popping up at all, the game freezing and yes character disappearing from the PHS. Additionally, my experience with Makou Reactor unfortunately does not help when it comes to Gameshark cheat codes.

I reckon somebody with more precise knowledge will turn up and help, like JBedford or ultima_espio. =)

I'm no pro when in comes to these things haha but I can imagine! First Aeris didn't move at all from the slot, then when I first tried to move her from ''Order'' Aeris duplicated herself! Then I learned about the bypass code and the joker code (i think those are the names >_> ) but yeah she just keep disappearing. Thanks for the comment though! Hopefully someone will >.<

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
then when I first tried to move her from ''Order'' Aeris duplicated herself!
Does this mean you could have a whole team of Aerises? Did they appear in battle too?

Fangu

Great Old One
Alternative universe where 3 Aerises completes most of the game.

That's party banter I would hear :monster:

chasesummers

chasesummers
then when I first tried to move her from ''Order'' Aeris duplicated herself!
Does this mean you could have a whole team of Aerises? Did they appear in battle too?

Yes! I could equip them differently and they work just fine in battle. Only thing is that Cloud cannot be replaced unless I unblock him. I think it's possible to have 3 Aeris's, the character avatar won't appear on the map though (only Cloud, Tifa and Cid have a map character) and might appear as Aeris or invisible on some locations.

chasesummers

chasesummers
Gameshark codes probably won't help you here, since the problem is quite specific. If you can get your save onto a computer you can edit it with this:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9625.0

to enable her to be available as a party member and be visible/movable in PHS.

Interesting, I can easily transfer save files from PS3 but the sound sucks on it and it gets stuck or laggy sometimes. Maybe I can find a Memory Card to USB? ugh Aeris... nothing but problems lol

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Welcome! Always nice to see someone who reps both Tifa and Aeris.

I've never seen a play through with a revived Aeris, beyond a screencap or two -- I would very much enjoy it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Are you using the original PS1 disc or the PSN version? Black Chocobo won't work with the PSN saves. The only way to do that is with a CFW PSP and CWCheat.

chasesummers

chasesummers
Are you using the original PS1 disc or the PSN version? Black Chocobo won't work with the PSN saves. The only way to do that is with a CFW PSP and CWCheat.

I only have the original PS1 CD version.
I could find a way to transfer memory card data through PS2 but I just downloaded Black Chocobo and tried one of my PS3 save files, it works! but I have no clue what I'm doing >.<

chasesummers

chasesummers
Welcome! Always nice to see someone who reps both Tifa and Aeris.

I've never seen a play through with a revived Aeris, beyond a screencap or two -- I would very much enjoy it.

Thanks! I will try :) I feel like it's going to take lot of time.... dilly dally shilly shally or whatever >_>

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Saves made with the original PS1 disc can be edited.

Saves made with the PSN downloaded version can't be edited.

I'm not sure what will happen with a save made by the original PS1 disc on a PS3 though.

chasesummers

chasesummers
Saves made with the original PS1 disc can be edited.

Saves made with the PSN downloaded version can't be edited.

I'm not sure what will happen with a save made by the original PS1 disc on a PS3 though.

I tried and what I got was ''data corrupted'' ever time I tried to copy the save file to the memory card... I don't get why it's corrupted, because it looks just fine. I'll try changing USB sticks just in case >_> but yeah it's an original PS1 disc.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'll be making a FFVII run on youtube and I thought it would be cool to keep Aeris around (I have a guide for when to keep or remove Aeris from the party since it can crash). I managed to get Aeris back and also managed to ''move'' her (because usually the game doesn't let you swap her in and out through PHS). Problem is... when I swap her out of the main party and close PHS she is gone!

I'm still amazed how difficult it is to simply keep her in the party through codes. Is there any way to prevent her from disappearing?

Which Gameshark code are you using? 8009B376-FF03 ??

When you having issues with Aerith disappearing.. are you on the world map or on the Airship? From what I know, she will almost always disappear if you encounter a certain crew member on the airship, prompting you to always input it again... but it shouldn't be as much of an issue on the world map.

As well, are you always leaving a third spot open in your party when you turn the code on? Duplicating members becomes less of a problem then. Not that I'd complain with a trio of Aerith's. :monster:

chasesummers

chasesummers
[/QUOTE]

Which Gameshark code are you using? 8009B376-FF03 ??

When you having issues with Aerith disappearing.. are you on the world map or on the Airship? From what I know, she will almost always disappear if you encounter a certain crew member on the airship, prompting you to always input it again... but it shouldn't be as much of an issue on the world map.

As well, are you always leaving a third spot open in your party when you turn the code on? Duplicating members becomes less of a problem then. Not that I'd complain with a trio of Aerith's. :monster:[/QUOTE]
Hi!
This is what I'm using:

-8009CAA8 0003 for getting Aeris in the party. She'll take the second spot but for some reason she sometimes takes Cloud's spot. At this point she can be duplicated and she can't move out of the main party.

-I later used the joker code on top of a bypass code (because if I use the bypass code alone, which allows me to move Aeris, it won't let me load the game) Joker Code: D01D252C 0000 and Bypass Code: 8009D654 0001

She disappears only when I put her back in PHS. Probably certain events will make this happen too since she's not part of the party anymore. I don't mind putting the code back every now and then but all the time can be an issue. Sure I can keep her in the main party but some events require her out or the game will freeze.

PS: I'm using PAL version

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
There were often annoying consequences such as characters instantly dying in battle, not popping up at all, the game freezing and yes character disappearing from the PHS.
This is what happened to me when I stuck Sephiroth in my party.

chasesummers

chasesummers
There were often annoying consequences such as characters instantly dying in battle, not popping up at all, the game freezing and yes character disappearing from the PHS.
This is what happened to me when I stuck Sephiroth in my party.

It's really complex, well to me it is. :puppy:
I tried putting Sephiroth one time, he's independent though and acts like Vincent's limit breaks (which interestingly might be the reason why he replaces Vincent with himself). The character picture gets messed sometimes and I also had him not appearing in battle too!

I think the game crashes because characters in the party are programmed to appear, which explains why you can still sometimes see Aeris after disc 2 but crashes at times because the game should have 8 characters, not 9. Dunno -_-

It's really complex, well to me it is. :puppy:
A good example of unexpected complexity is with the HP and MP values. Years ago, I did try inventing some Gameshark codes and ended up falling into the same trap most people fall into (in fact a guy years ago who tried to help me with cheat codes did the same mistake). I tracked the flags for the HP and MP values on the
T3AkRwv.png

Except...when you try to change the HP and MP values via this route, they don't properly carry over into battle and you can get all sorts of glitches. It was then pointed out to me that I had to find the flags for HP and MP in the
1vKsGRn.png

When I did that I was able to properly change HP and MP values, without glitches. I think the lesson to be learned there is that the programming of FFVII is not always intuitive and obvious.

Top Bottom