Rian Johnson's Star Wars Trilogy

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Here's the official statement on it that helps to give a better perspective on their thoughts:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-j...last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to

Deadline also notes:

On the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which bows globally December 15, Johnson becomes the first to get solo credit on a Star Wars film since creator George Lucas.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That's awesome. I wonder if it'll be "located" in connection to what he's working on, or if it'll be set elsewhere. It'd be fucking AWESOME to be a canonized version of KOTOR-era events as a live-action series.

Really interested to see how this all grows, because the people involved in helming all these things are people I have the utmost faith in delivering spectacular content.

Ghost X

"Corner of galaxy lore has never explored..." <-- Does that mean potentially the only thing in common is the mythos and universe? Bold :p.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Here's an article about how his trilogy came about, and man... just every time I hear/read him talk about Star Wars, it genuinely feels like he gets it in a way that nobody else has for a long while. Whereas Dave Filoni really has a connective bond into what Lucas' visions were and feels in many ways like one of the best guides that Star Wars stories have had in a long time, there's a sense of wonder and mythology that Rian Johnson has and seems to have inspired that really just GETS Star Wars at a level beyond all of the fun bits and pieces and nostalgia.

Also, just a reminder about why he's a wonderful individual & Star Wars director from back during Celebration &#8211; https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...-Rian-Johnson-fans-Celebration-teaser-trailer

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
And it appears that Rian Johnson is planning to shoot another SW film this year.

https://geektyrant.com/news/rian-jo...ginal-star-wars-trilogy-this-year-in-scotland

Holy Christ. Talk about being proactive, but thoughts?

I'm pretty excited about this kicking off sooner, rather than later. I'm interested to see how they'll go about filming and such and casting, etc.

I'm most interested in knowing WHEN this takes place more than anything. I highly doubt that we'd be looking at anything earlier than IV, since most of those anthology stories make sense to tie into the Episodic films. It'll be interesting to see if this is something that happens after IX, or between VI & VII, and how it builds itself based off of that &#8211; i.e. is it something that might eventually tie into things that we know about, or is it going to build into something else that we later see other stories tying into?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Sounds very much like his jam. I think that it'll be interesting to see how his style comes to that after doing TLJ, and how much it'll still feel like his previous 3 films and if the tone might give us any indication of what his first non-Episodic Star Wars film is gonna be like.

Top Bottom