• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Rumours] Apparently, information about Part 1

Lex

Administrator
I was hesitant to post this but they always inspire discussion regardless. This is from reddit, and note that the FFVII remake reddit has had people in the past come in and claim to know shit (specific shit) and then disappeared.

Anyway here's what it is (I'll screenshot it aswell because it could be removed or deleted).

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/bpmii2
FWIW the stuff about having two parts correlates with other rumours but obviously everything here should be assumed to be false for the time being. No harm in discussing it though!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
1558117061823.gif
I don't want to believe a word of this tbh. Except the mandatory Yuffie and Vincent thing and your weapon of choice being visible maybe. 2 part game would be awesome but MMEEEHHHH

pxp

Pro Adventurer
The use for the ATB bars is only for magic? *shrugs in disbelieve*
I don’t think it’s saying that? It’s just saying magic uses ATB alongside MP I think. Suggesting ATB has another function too. Not that I’m exactly sold on this rumour, obviously.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While I am taking the whole thing with a grain (or perhaps a shaker) of salt, the part about that post that most bothers me is the gil instead of membership card point.

As in...would bother you most if it here true? Or is what most makes you think it's fake? In either case that seems like kind of an odd point of contention.

Reactions: pxp

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
As in it would bother me the most if it were true (not because I'm happy with the rest, but I've heard variations of the rest, but never this) because it removes a reason to play through the Wall Market and instead encourages grinding.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I don’t think it’s saying that? It’s just saying magic uses ATB alongside MP I think. Suggesting ATB has another function too. Not that I’m exactly sold on this rumour, obviously.

You are right, and I am sure it applies for summons too, but why the addition for already using MP? To insure the player does not spam too much magic spells?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
FFShinra said:
As in it would bother me the most if it were true (not because I'm happy with the rest, but I've heard variations of the rest, but never this) because it removes a reason to play through the Wall Market and instead encourages grinding.

I suppose, I guess I was picturing a fairly incidental amount of gil, and so it was just skipping a very minor step. I dunno, I was thinking it was weird for the supposed "leaker" to mention it at all. I suppose if it meant you had to pay a LOT of gil that would be a drag.

Ariga

Sephiroth's Best Friend
I don't believe this leak at all. I don't believe the leak from the other day either. Why would they add a new summon that has never appeared in a Final Fantasy game before? If they wanted a dark summon so much, add Diablos from FFVIII and make him dark element. Just because he is the best looking summon ever. Also, some bits of the leak are the same as the leak from the other day. Others are speculation and ideas from various forums.

If the leak is true, however, that means that the other leak is true. Because some things are the same in both of them. I don't believe they are true, though.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
My professional opinion:

lRNtJjV.gif

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeh the guy’s getting roasted over this on reddit.

I did some sleuthing and I believe they got that information from Wikipedia. There is a list of current subsidiaries and "Square Enix Co.,Ltd" with divisions 1 - 4 are listed as located in Shibuya. However, their own website says they are located in the Shinjuku HQ with a branch office in Osaka.
So I'm thinking they just looked up stuff on Wikipedia to sound legitimate or whatever but unfortunately the info there seems incorrect because I can't find anything about Shibuya offices. :monster:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
They plan on consolidating down to four but as far as I'm aware there's still like a bazillion as of now.

But still, it's crazy when you think about it...to close off 8 divisions, maybe that's the reason a lot of staff got fired, including Hideo Baba?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I did some sleuthing and I believe they got that information from Wikipedia. There is a list of current subsidiaries and "Square Enix Co.,Ltd" with divisions 1 - 4 are listed as located in Shibuya. However, their own website says they are located in the Shinjuku HQ with a branch office in Osaka.
So I'm thinking they just looked up stuff on Wikipedia to sound legitimate or whatever but unfortunately the info there seems incorrect because I can't find anything about Shibuya offices. :monster:

Yeah I don't believe this "leak", but it did made me think of the characters we're bound to miss (the ones that join the party after Midgard). The leak might be spot on some things, but those are guesses even I could make so far.

I don't really know how they're going to handle characters missing, they might be fans favourites and make them angry. The idea of them joining in part 2 is a bit odd to me.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Rumors which any one of us could write up and spread around automatically go into my "lies" folder.

Some points here feel strange or even nonsensical (Amarok, Gil instead of Membership card, Red's scrapped clone buddies, less Shinra floors, fade to black when changing Wlal Market costumes etc.).

Also, is it normal for public demos to be locked behind Playstation Plus? That seems like another red flag.

Regarding Amarok: A wolf summon that blinds enemies feels very out of place in FFVII at first glance.

@Tetsujin The leaker's source works at a publishing/localization office in Shibuya, while the leaker mentions Shinjuku Division 1, which seems to be accurate.

Edit: And I'm still not sold on 2 parts. Furthermore, I have already theorized many points mentioned here myself (mostly only to myself and not publicly yet) so it's not too hard to make all this crap up on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (taking those leaks with a "grain" of salt made me salty)

Top Bottom