• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Rumours] Apparently, information about Part 1

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I personally would love there to be only two parts. And I don't think that changing out of their Wall Market dresses with a fade to black is that unrealistic, because I don't know how else to explain where they're keeping their weapons and armor.

That's not to say I believe the leak, of course.

Lex

Administrator
I will throw my hat in the "I don't believe any of this" ring aswell. Most of it is plausible, but that's all it really is (aside from Shibuya offices, apparently :P)

EDIT: @ForceStealer , I also like the idea of two parts, but I'm not sure I like the idea of it ending at the moment mentioned in the leak. You're supposed to feel that from a gameplay perspective as well as story. Though I suppose it's otherwise a logical place to end one of the parts regardless.

Something others have pointed out though, is that in terms of asset development you've seen the vast majority of the world by the time you reach that point. From that POV it doesn't make a lot of sense to end there.

Aranea

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I though the leak was fake and the person making an error by mentioning that studio made the confirmation time of whenever the "leak" was true or false faster.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm extremely skeptical about this leak. In fact, I don't believe it at all. It just screams FAKE all over it from start to finish. I'd be very surprised if this is true but...yeah, this doesn't look right.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
I personally would love there to be only two parts. And I don't think that changing out of their Wall Market dresses with a fade to black is that unrealistic, because I don't know how else to explain where they're keeping their weapons and armor.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I also think it's very much plausible. But mentioning such a weirdly specific and inconsequential thing feels very fishy to me.
I'm also very skeptical about the inclusion of Indigo and Cobalt. Unless they expand a LOT in that department, those 2 Nanaki clones just don't fit the rest and feel more like fan fiction. Which is probably why they scrapped that concept for the final version.

I also like the idea of two parts, but I'm not sure I like the idea of it ending at the moment mentioned in the leak. You're supposed to feel that from a gameplay perspective as well as story. Though I suppose it's otherwise a logical place to end one of the parts regardless.
Exactly my thoughts. I'd love to play until the Forgotten Capital in the first game, but losing that emotional impact (feeling the loss in story and gameplay) for the section between that and the Northern Crater would be a travesty. But if it ends up being in 2 parts, that's probably the only splitting point that makes sense. Any later and part 2 has too little content. Any earlier and there would be no payoff at the end.

Something others have pointed out though, is that in terms of asset development you've seen the vast majority of the world by the time you reach that point. From that POV it doesn't make a lot of sense to end there.
And that's another huge issue. Thanks @ForceStealer for breaking down the locations! (Though Wutai technically appears before that Aerith scene).

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Honestly, I would be more inclined to believe a two-parter that splits at Midgar than what that Segundo fella posted. Midgar would be its own kind of game, while the second part would be basically open world. It's an incredible (read as NOT credible) idea, but still better than the half-assery in that "leak".

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Hmmmm... Sounds interesting. Although I think that the rest of the game would still be too big for one installment if they include everything from the original AND expand several locations and maybe add new stuff. Though I agree, it sounds better than a split after Jenova Life.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Totally agree. They'd have to seriously pack in that second episode, which would make the duology severely lopsided.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm honestly 50/50 on this leak, it's plausible and the reveals are actually good. It's also plausible this is someone making very grounded, educated guesses and assumptions utilizing data already known.

But keep in mind, FFXV's plot, gameplay and development status got leaked relatively early and no one thought it was real given what it included. I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, and I wouldn't be surprised if developers felt inclined to use the FFVII Remake to include discarded concepts they didn't have time to incorporate in the OG.

It's something worth paying attention to. When E3 roles around, if demos and the trailer line up with what this dude posted well.. That'll be your answer on if this person's legit or not. :mon:

I also hope that the game is split into 2 parts because that would honestly make the most sense and give the best sized content for each part.

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
The 'leaker' posted an announcement for another leak today, but the thread got deleted.
I will be posting (within the next few days or so if not sooner) more information about the Remake Part 1. There is also information on Part 2.
I realize the skepticism that comes inherent with trusting things blindly on the internet. That is why the second info dump will have proof including screen grabs. This as I said will be before e3.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFVIIRemake/comments/bqhoew
I call bullshit.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
But it just being Midgar is awful too.
From a developer's point of view, it would be ideal. Systems and asset creation as well as general level design will differ quite a lot between Midgar and the rest of the world. Also, things get different and more complicated once the Highwind and the submarine are included, which would happen in a presumed part 3. The story also fit's the best when split into 3 parts.

But as Kain424 said, from a fan's perspective, 2 parts would be much better news since we can play for longer. So I'm with you on that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Vyzzuvazzadth
Can you elaborate? They're going to have to create the rest of the world's assets anyway if they finish the project. And less time spent padding Midgar is more time available for these other segments that they would have to get to eventually, no?

And surely some of what they build for Midgar could be repurposed for Junon?

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Say what you want about the leak, but having a playable demo after E3 on our PS4s would be amazing!!! Probably not true, but I hope that part is true anyways.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Too bad it's probably fake cause I like this part:

-Red XIII has clones Cobalt XIV and Indigo XV you must fight before he joins your party in Shin-ra HQ

Top Bottom