Sadako vs Kayako (The Ring vs Grudge)

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So apparently this is going to be a thing lol.

Premise wise how unlucky does a person have to be to both watch the cursed video tape (in an age of Blu ray and streaming no less) and then go hang out at the cursed house 7 days later haha.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Hooray for Japan producing a "Vs." film again just because. Who's placing bets on a Hollywood adaptation of this happening now?

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
As long as the Hollywood version has them fighting in bikinis I'll be happy :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I kinda am too. As long as they respect both stories it could actually be pretty good.

I remember I think I was like a 8th grader when the Ring came out in the states. That movie honestly scared the crap out of me and watching this trailer reminded me of just how creepy she is lol.

My only concern really is just the track record of VS movies lol. How the hell are they supposed to fight? Why are they fighting lol.

The premise seriously can not be that someone watched the tape then went into the house later on in the week haha.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I believe Kayako has a higher body count than Sadako, because for the tape to have spread so far she must have lost a lot of her potential victims. Kayako don't have time for that and kills and curses anybody and anybody that anybody knew. Plus she's got Toshio. Plus her motivation is revenge for a cruel injustice, I mean as far as motivations for monsters can go I feel more sympathy for her than the little girl who just liked to cause pain.

I will have to watch this now and am stoked that this is a thing. But my money is on Kayako all the way.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hooray for Japan producing a "Vs." film again just because. Who's placing bets on a Hollywood adaptation of this happening now?

Honestly, cross-franchise events probably happen a lot more in Japan than it does in the Muricas because in the US unless they're untouchable behemoth properties like in comic books they're probably too closed and secular and afraid to do big-time cross-promotionals

Whereas Japan seems to be all "YOU LIKE BIG ROBOTS? WE GOT ALL THE BIG ROBOTS. HAVE BIG ROBOTS ALL OVER THE FUCKIN PLACE WE LICENSED ALL OF THEM UNDER A SINGLE BANNER."

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I also think that the differences in how Copyright works in Japan is also probably a lot more conducive to that being a thing as well.

Top Bottom