• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Saga [Image]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Screenshot_2015-04-09-00-08-41_zpshha4rf5b_edit_1428556189529.png_zpsraoprad9.jpeg

Saga is a new one for me but it seems pretty cool so far. It's a nice blend of sci-fi and fantasy, which I love. Kind of Star Wars-esque in a way. Great big space war taking place acrossed different galaxies and all that.

It's about a married couple, Alana and Marko. Their two races are fighting in a brutal war that is tearing the galaxy apart. They try to run away together and be alone to raise their infant daughter, but unfortunately it seems that everyone is out to kill them.

20150408_225459_HDR_zpsc8n2zzqq_edit_1428552514263_zpsg1mg4s7f.jpg
:monster:

Anyway, the series is narrated by their daughter starting with the day she was born and moving onward through her life. She has a cute way of going about her story. I have a sense she might still be a kid when telling this. Not sure though, that's just a guess.

The character designs, however, are the best part. So many different and imaginative races populate the different worlds. I wish I could get Photobucket to work properly. I'd post more pics for you all. But really, just go read it.

And if you don't want take my word for it here are ten reasons to read it on io9.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Been keeping up to date on this one, and it's pretty intense. Lying Cat is mega cool, and I love the character designs. There's a shitton of great things to say about this comic.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Lying Cat does seem to be the fan favorite. I know I immediately loved him. I want a cat like that. <3

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It ads such a cool dynamic to little situations that's normally not present. It's the best little "bullshit alarm" ever. xD

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Told Tenny this already, but just got volume 1 yesterday. Haven't read through it yet, but I plan to over the long weekend, after I finish with some other comics first.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Ah man, it's been a while since I was reading this. How's it been lately? I kinda fell out of it. It's still solid and well-written, I just stopped being really directly invested in their stories as I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Tbh I haven't been keeping up with it either; I've just been flipping through some of the graphic novels when we get them in store. After inventory is done this Sunday I'm going to borrow the first book with the 20-something issues in it, so I can just binge it before we get the second one.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I love Saga. It's one of my favorite books going right now. Vaughan's writing continues to be top-notch. Fiona Staples artwork continues to be gorgeous as always. The story telling remains consistent. I won't get overly spoilery but this last story arc was pretty emotional and touching. I enjoyed it very much.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Ok I don't know what issue this is from, but hot damn if it didn't fill me full of feels. Love Lying Cat.

7300557c3673aa077402aadcecc5a815.jpg

Lying Cat is one of my absolute favorite comic book creations ever. This was a fantastic scene between 2 of the most lovable characters in Saga.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So I read the first volume of Saga and hoooo boi. What a ride.

I told Tenny this on Skype, but I nearly lost my shit when I thought Lying Cat was gonna be lost in space. Then The Will jumped after her and oh my... my heart melted.

I need to get the 2nd volume from work and then pick up on the comic issues from there. I HAVE to know what happens next.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I wasn't ready for the feelings this post would invoke in me. Man, this series left me wrecked. Had nearly forgotten about it. I've read up to Volume 6 but I see that Volume 7 is out now. T_T

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ok, so I borrowed Volume 2 from work and was able to read a couple of chapters tonight before bed and all I can say is WHAT THE FUCK.

Are all of my favorite characters in this fucking series going to die or something?? Is this like the Game of Thrones of fucking comics???

RIP Princess Robot. :(

2015-01-07%2B10.33.53.jpg

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

IT ONLY GETS MORE INTENSE. I WASN'T JOKING WHEN I SAID THIS LEFT ME WRECKED.

Top Bottom