SPOILERS Saying farewells to Jairus/Trying to make sense of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axwind

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Member was permanently banned for utilizing alt account to circumvent a prior ban before it was to be lifted
I mean I like her too but THAT?! the hell is wrong with him?
What exactly is wrong with that? People make posts and renders about characters they like all the time.

And it's very possible that Jessie and Wedge are alive as well - another hint is that the flowers on the dresser are Star of Bethlehem, which are a symbol for hope. And the pens are laid out in the shape of a Japanese symbol for hope. Additionally, Jessie has a red feather hanging from her gun. And since phoenixes have red feathers and are associated with rebirth, it could be a hint that she's alive and will return. Also, the floor where she was at was less than half the height of the plate, a far shorter fall than the one Cloud had and not nearly as high as it might seem at first glance. So she could've survived it - if someone hadn't already taken her out of the tower while Cloud and the others were fighting the Turks.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
kcs3vwp.gif

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
probably crossing a line here but I'm stoned af and this dude is... something.

his twitter bio says he has a kid and all I can think about hypothetically discovering my dads social media, and it all completely dedicated to a creepy obsession to an anime waifu. maybe its the weed but the thought is kinda disturbing tbh :no:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I don't want to dwell on this too much longer (I made this thread to get away from him after all) but a big part of why my tone changed with him so suddenly was because what started as a fun little shared interest in a minor FF7 character quickly became very creepy. He stopped talking about anything else, got more and more aggressive, and when I saw his twitter I was genuinely disturbed. He never should have been ranting on this forum, he should have been seeking professional help. I dunno if I should say what I think the real source of his obsession was, but it was tragic and sad and he wasn't dealing with it at all. That's why I was trying to discourage people from getting into it with him.

I guess I should say, Jairus, if you're still lurking on here reading this, go get help. Go to a grief councilor, a therapist, or something. You have a job, you have a kid, you shouldn't be wasting your time ranting on twitter to nobody.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yeah I don't want to dwell on this too much longer (I made this thread to get away from him after all) but a big part of why my tone changed with him so suddenly was because what started as a fun little shared interest in a minor FF7 character quickly became very creepy. He stopped talking about anything else, got more and more aggressive, and when I saw his twitter I was genuinely disturbed. He never should have been ranting on this forum, he should have been seeking professional help. I dunno if I should say what I think the real source of his obsession was, but it was tragic and sad and he wasn't dealing with it at all. That's why I was trying to discourage people from getting into it with him.

I guess I should say, Jairus, if you're still lurking on here reading this, go get help. Go to a grief councilor, a therapist, or something. You have a job, you have a kid, you shouldn't be wasting your time ranting on twitter to nobody.

^ So much this. I know this should be an Avalanche appreciation thread (and mods feel free to move this to some dread vault that we only hear about on encyclopedia dramatica) but hey when in Rome. He and I got along quite well despite butting heads a few times over religion and other topics, but hey it’s a forum and sometimes I’m a shit, so I mean it when I say that this isn’t who he is. Or, it’s not who he was, nor who he could be if he got help for it. I dunno, maybe I’m projecting based on my own struggles with addiction and obsession... but... we lost Jairus to this before he lost us. It’s very sad.

The weirdest thing, though, and this may undermine my last point, is that this alt account has been on this forum since 2009, longer than me. That’s... very confusing. I mean, I understand the broadstrokes appeal of a sock puppet account, to circumvent blocking or to agree with oneself if you feel alone... but... to premeditate needing one, and by over a decade!? I’m honestly baffled at that. Am I missing something?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I wouldn't mind this getting moved somewhere else either... I agree this isn't who he was from the outset. The Jessie fixation was always there but it wasn't so pronounced. I helped him learn how to mod FF7, we talked about the story of the game and what we were expecting for the Remake... It wasn't all bad, that's why I was hesitant to get upset at him originally. Once he completely stopped talking about anything else and actively got belligerent with other users and site events like that top 10 character moment thing was when I couldn't deal with him anymore. It's sad...

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
^ So much this. I know this should be an Avalanche appreciation thread (and mods feel free to move this to some dread vault that we only hear about on encyclopedia dramatica) but hey when in Rome. He and I got along quite well despite butting heads a few times over religion and other topics, but hey it’s a forum and sometimes I’m a shit, so I mean it when I say that this isn’t who he is. Or, it’s not who he was, nor who he could be if he got help for it. I dunno, maybe I’m projecting based on my own struggles with addiction and obsession... but... we lost Jairus to this before he lost us. It’s very sad.

The weirdest thing, though, and this may undermine my last point, is that this alt account has been on this forum since 2009, longer than me. That’s... very confusing. I mean, I understand the broadstrokes appeal of a sock puppet account, to circumvent blocking or to agree with oneself if you feel alone... but... to premeditate needing one, and by over a decade!? I’m honestly baffled at that. Am I missing something?

But then all it really means is that Jairus was the alt all along! :O
Also, looks like he was on some 9/11 truther shit back in the day. Are you sure we only lost him recently? =P

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just figure he either forgot about the old account after ten years or wanted a fresh start. Either seems a more likely explanation.
---

By the way, @Odysseus -- let me know whether you want to leave these posts here or see them moved elsewhere.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Before the posts about this topic are moved to somewhere else, I want to answer these questions:
I just figure he either forgot about the old account after ten years or wanted a fresh start. Either seems a more likely explanation.

This is what you were missing:
Yeah, I've done a fair bit of fanfic writing over the years, mostly under another name than this one - Axwind. I used to be on the FF:Worlds Apart forums back when they were still alive, before FFXI came out and sucked everyone away. So I know how it is to lose an online home like that. But I think you'll like it here, people are pretty friendly. And OC's are definitely good, I used a few in my FFVII/FFVIII crossover, including the main antagonist (because I didn't want to follow the typical trend of reviving existing baddies).

The reason for his obsession was in TLS all this time:
FFVII has become more personal to me over the years as things have happened in my life, especially because I've unfortunately come to have firsthand experience with what Cloud went through with Aerith. Back in 2011, my girlfriend - the same one I mentioned previously - fell ill and died unexpectedly just after her 31st birthday. We had been together almost seven years by then and loved each other very much. We hadn't had much money, but with my family's help, we had finally gotten to the point where we were able to at least be on our feet, so to say, and not have to worry about how to pay all our bills. I had just gotten her an engagement ring after finally being able to afford such a thing for the first time since we'd been together.
But I was never able to give it to her because she died before I had the chance. I had taken her to the ER the day before, she was there for like six hours, but they never found anything and they let her go. And she passed away during the night while our son and I were asleep. So the loss of Aerith in FFVII resonates with me very personally, as I felt much the same as Cloud when my girlfriend died and I've been through what he went through. I blamed myself too, for a while, like Cloud surely did about Aerith, until I realized there was nothing more I could have done for her than what I did and that it wasn't my fault.

After that, he retreated to a fantasy world where he could change the outcome of any event by writing fanfiction.
It's a sad story.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yeah, I remember reading that and putting two and two together with another post about his fianceé. I just never felt like it would be appropriate to mention outright in relation to the Jessie situation for fear of making things worse or just being plain hurtful. That's not something I wanted to do no matter how frustrating this got.

Anywho, I'll figure out a good place to move these posts momentarily and leave a redirect.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Yeah, I remember reading that and putting two and two together with another post about his fianceé. I just never felt like it would be appropriate to mention outright in relation to the Jessie situation for fear of making things worse or just being plain hurtful. That's not something I wanted to do no matter how frustrating this got.
Well, now you don't have to do it since I spilled the beans. :awesomonster:
Jairus' issues could be seen from orbit and feigning ignorance wasn't helping anyone. People here needed to know why the best idea was leaving him alone and not engaging him.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
Eh what? Did he get into another heated argument with someone over Jessie again?

How are you guys able to dig those past details of him? Where'd you get the sleuthing skills?

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
Eh what? Did he get into another heated argument with someone over Jessie again?
He was banned but he used an old account of his to keep posting here. Unfortunately for him, that's ban evasion and his Axwind account was permabanned. Jairus is still banned.

How are you guys able to dig those past details of him? Where'd you get the sleuthing skills?
I absorbed the knowlege of the Ancients. :neom:

Now seriously, look at the right corner. There's a search function. It can come in handy.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I guess because I’m still pretty new here I didn’t feel it was appropriate to get into it with him. Once I noticed a pattern in his behavior though, I actually went and read his fanfiction out of curiosity and from there, that’s when I started putting two-and-two together. It’s shocking how close I was to guessing where this all might be coming from after reading his story in this thread. I genuinely feel bad for the guy, and I’m sure even those of you who’ve argued with him do too.

It’s interesting to me because of course fanfiction can be a pretty therapeutic way to deal with personal issues. Hell, I’d say most fanfiction is just self-insert wish fulfillment. And sure, it’s cringeworthy. VERY CRINGEWORTHY in this particular case. But I think I can appreciate it more now that I know the backstory of the writer. I still have to read it in small doses though as I have a pretty low tolerance for cringe, but I do think having that context adds something to it for me.

Maybe there’d be no problem if he had just kept his more ambitious ideas about Jessie in his fanfiction, but I guess having those desires spill over to his expectations for the actual game’s canon is where it got unhealthy. Not just for the forum, as some of you know from arguing with him, but for his own mental health as well. Based on his posts here and on his Twitter, I guess I’m worried that he’s going to project so much of his trauma into his expectations for the game and when the game doesn’t meet those expectations, it will just make him even more bitter. A more well-adjusted person might not have such difficulty separating expectations from reality, but we all know how complicated the mind can be.

I guess I say all of this to say that Jairus, if you ever read this, I pray that you find peace one day. I don’t know if that means anything especially coming from some nobody on the internet, but I want you to know that I really hope you can heal from all of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom