• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Scorn

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Looks interesting this. And by interesting I mean I think I'm gonna puke. Right up my street :monster:

More than a bit Gigery and Zdzisław Beksiński-y.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
it looks like a more fleshy alien-giger (i don't know beksinski so now i have something new to look up)

but boo on steam and my computer can only handle old games

edit; i want to make this beksinski picture my new phone wallpaper because look at it

tumblr_nkntmthVld1tnr89po1_1280.jpg

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^thats fantastic :lol: They should make a game of that...whatever it is :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i want to make that game myself but i don't have the necessary talent

so the world may never know the wonder of spider-forehead-man-face-dog-thing the game

Ghost X

I swear I've played a game or seen a movie that has organic guns similar to those that appear in the trailer.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^Probably Existenz, one of Cronenbergs :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
NOIICE

I mean it looks nice, I dunno how I feel about the gameplay, and the enemies seem kinda stupid and not very threatening. I guess that could change but what id really like is a game where you're actually too scared to progress. I guess I want the moon on a stick.

The soundtrack is fucking amazing so far though!

Ghost X

Speaking of Existenz, Dasein can be translated as Existence in English :awesome:. The gross factor is almost at triggering level for me with this game, but is at that curious level where I want to see more :awesome:.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
I like how cringey all the sound effects are.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I love the lack of a h.u.d. and the subtle presence of a reticle only when focusing on interactables or aiming. Additionally, I expect the gameplay to center around having very limited ammo (which also has to be tracked manually and reloaded slowly), and the enemy behaviour to make it difficult to tell of a creature will just creep by you, or if it'll be hostile to you, or if you can avoid it by some other means, being the key aspect to the game. His first encounter the little thing avoids him, and near the end, he closes the door, rather than shoot it out, and I expect a lot of the game forcing confrontations like that.

Am excite.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It looks like the game is close to being done, but they really want to go back in and make improvements on where it's at, so they're doing a KickStarter to get the game out the way that they want it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/

In addition to that, it looks like they're gonna be releasing a demo of the game to their backers before the KickStarter campaign is over, and if it's handled well, that could be SPECTACULAR for them in terms of gaining support, and helping to focus on what they want to improve.

EDIT: Some feedback on what they're looking to improve is:

Nikola Rakic said:
We feel that stuff that needs polishing are AI, gameplay, pacing, animations and some SFX - entire game needs to reflect the world we want to make and the devil is in the details.

Also, they've had a bunch of comments asking for a PS4 port, and have expressed that they would be interested in doing that if they get the chance to at some point, though their initial fully-polished PC release is clearly the sole focus of this campaign.

Lastly, the demo is likely to drop in 2-3 weeks.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So this is that atmospheric horror game of odd forms and somber tapestry I've heard so much about :wackymonster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
In keeping active with the KickStarter comments, the demo that they're gonna have in 2-3 weeks is what they're gonna use to help get some additional feedback and attention for their KickStarter, and apparently they're gonna collab with some streamers when showing it, which will hopefully be interesting, and maybe help to point at where they're hoping to polish things.

Additionally, there is no dialogue in the game at all, and the only translations are for their menus. Insofar as the storytelling, they said while it wasn't the best comparison, they're going for something like Doom & Journey in the way that they deliver the story without dialogue, so it'll be interesting to see how that's handled.

Also, their KickStarter's just hitting the halfway point now, so it's looking good for the campaign, as the first 4 days and the last 4 days are typically the biggest on projects.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They just released an update this morning that the demo should be out within 10 days, so I'd expect to see it up on Steam, and some folks doing streaming and other things with it. Hopefully it's got a good feel to it, and that exposure gets them the last little bump they need. At 85%, their campaign's looking pretty strong for hitting their main goal.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They released the demo for their backers, so there're some folks streaming it around the internet now. Also, they're >95% funded, and I'd expect it's very likely that they hit 100% by the end of the day.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Looks like they hit their VR Stretch goal. It'll be funded in about 9 hours for all the cool extras and such that they want.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
News update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1777595379/scorn-part-1-of-2-dasein/posts/2206856

It's not coming out in October. ...because they landed a deal with an investment fund, and rather than making part 1 of 2, they now have the cash to make the entire game as a single release & they're doing that, since splitting the game was their only compromise. Also, if you backed to the level of soundtrack or artbook, those are going to be twice as big now. (If you're not ok with that, they're offering refunds to anyone wanting to back out).

Nothing but pleased about this development.

Top Bottom