SE Recruiting for Remake Level Planner

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
There's possible speculation that the screen shot might be a trailer, since it appears to be in play but nobody is using the controller just sitting there.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Nice newspost Shad. Someone on the FB thinks Tifa might be in the image to the left of Cloud, but I'm not so sure.

I could see that, but then I think that's just the menu... if you're talking to the left of Cloud, behind the menu.. kinda looks like she's running away from it and that her boobs are below the highlighted action bar... might just be a trick of the graphics though.

and that her boobs are below the highlighted action bar...
I think people are just seeing boobs because that's what they want to see :mon:

There's possible speculation that the screen shot might be a trailer, since it appears to be in play but nobody is using the controller just sitting there.
Had the same thought but didn't think to add it to the article. Now I added this bit to the newspost:
With the game seemingly being in action, but nobody holding the PS4 controller at the desk, there is reason to speculate that the footage here is from a trailer. Other possibilities are that the remake has an auto-battle feature or that somebody off-screen is playing the game.

EDIT: Okay after reading the following post by hian I decided to remove the above paragraph since at this point the speculation becomes too lengthy (albeit fascinating). :monster:
hian said:
I dont think that particular screen is from a vid btw, given the controller.
More likely, hamaguchi doesnt give a fetch and just the controller down for the picture.
It could be paused too, as playing a game like that in dev build he will have access to tons of stuff like that.
A second and perhaps most likely option is that it's just a still.
It's a carefully staged photo where the controller and the still are props for framing this image as a device for creating hype.

I doubt hes reviewing a trailer on a tiny work station monitor when they have rooms in SE with giant projectors and surround sound.
Also, Hamaguchi is not the person likely to be reviewing trailers. That would be Nomura and Kitase.
Hamaguchi deals with workflow and management, not with creative calls.

Last edited:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I think this picture is interesting because it points to them doing something closer to a 1:1 remake than was previously hinted. That, or the link was intentional in some capacity and meant to soothe fears.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Re: Tifa. Cloud should be the only one on that side of Air Buster.

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I don't think Tifa is in that picture. It's just a bit of a blurry picture, so it's easy to see shapes and think of them as other stuff. I mean, I thought there was a floating head by the door in that Airbuster pic for ages.

Pareidolia - where you see things in random shapes that are not really there. That's what could be going on. Or people could be hoping for a glimpse of Tifa so much that they actually think they see her. Which is also a form of pareidolia, I think?

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Hi all, longtime lurker for many, many years here, and an admirer of this page and all the hard work done by the administrators. Thank you all!

Re this new image, does any one think it's possible that the dark-greyish mass on the far right middle of the screen is in fact the tip of Barret's Gatling Gun in 'first-person' shooter mode? This would explain why the Buster Sword seems incomprehensibly short and flat at the blade end (there's been some speculation online that it's the Hardedge, but it's clearly not) . It doesn't make sense to me otherwise, as Cloud is holding the sword at almost a right angle, so the top of the blade *should* be visible from this angle. Hence, in my view, the Gatling Gun in the far near-foreground might possibly be covering it.

If this is the case, then this may be the first piece of evidence (much mooted) that Barret, Yuffie and Vincent will have 'first-person target mode' options, which will be obviously be important for battling the larger monsters/boses, especially later on in the game (I mean the Air Buster is much bigger here, so likely the later bosses will be exceptionally large). Obviously they’ll have different styles, the most obvious being that Barret will let rip machine gun style, whereas Yuffie and even more Vincent will be more precise/sniper-esque.

Who knows if I’m right or wrong, but it's fun to speculate (NB. this comment is a redacted version of a post I left on the article for this screenshot here on thelifestream.net).

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
To be perfectly honest I only see cloud and airbuster in this image and can't actually see any evidence of any other character. I know everyone is mentioning the whole Barret and tifa on the other side thing but it's worth noting that unlike the original this games combat mechanics have shown you can move so they could effectively be anywhere or nowhere. This may in fact be a cutscene prior to it going haywire and exploding and the stance of cloud is a "get back" pose

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
To be perfectly honest I only see cloud and airbuster in this image and can't actually see any evidence of any other character. I know everyone is mentioning the whole Barret and today on the other side thing but it's worth noting that unlike the original this games combat mechanics have shown you can move so they could effectively be anywhere or nowhere. This may in fact be a cutscene prior to it going haywire and exploding and the stance of cloud is a "get back" pose
Yep, ostensibly I only see what you see, and I didn't mark the Tifa 'shape' until I stared for a very long time. But the lack of a blade tip for the Buster Sword, that is at the angle it's being held makes no sense; unless something is covering it in the near foreground. Hence my theory about the Gatling Gun, which is *obviously* speculation. But it does possibly look like the tip rivets/barrels of Barret's weapon (my theory will likely look foolish in due course).

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@pxp: Welcome! I'd suspect that Barret and the other ranged characters' targeting modes would be nearly identical to the way that Prompto works in FFXV (0:45), so I think that seeing a FPS mode like that is incredibly unlikely, especially given that it would change the perspective of the camera only for certain characters.

Given that FFXV also has a FPS camera mode for Noctis, a FPS camera isn't unheard of and might be possible, but I highly doubt that it'd be something that would be the primary implementation, let alone something that they'd be tooling with in a scenario like this.

X :neo:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Thanks X-SOLDIER, you're likely right but by the same token you never know! The example of Prompto is not that far off FPS, and bear in mind that the right of the screen is obviously cut off so we can't see how much of Barret's body/arm is there (IF it's there at all).

In any event, there's definitely *something* obscuring the Buster Sword. It's far too short and flat as it appears in pixelated form here (unless it's been redesigned for the worse, but I doubt it).

Kuksoolwon

Rookie Adventurer
Yeah with the new gameplay mechanic's most likely Tifa and barrett moved around the scene,since it's not turned based

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Note to the both of you: Make use of your EDIT buttons. Please don't double-reply to posts.

Also, no the HUD doesn't appear in cutscenes in most any game.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Apologies for that (and for delaying the thread now) but I did look for the edit button but couldn't and still can't find it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You can find them at the bottom right of every single post you make.

There is an "Edit" "Quote" "Multi-Quote" "Quick Reply" & "Thanks" button at the bottom of posts in that order. The ones you'll see will depend on the permissions that you have to the post in question. You can find more in-depth specifics on this and many other things in the Forum FAQs.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Thanks again X-SOLDIER. Just saw immediately after my previous post that I’m forbidden to edit posts at present (presumably because I’m a newbie, or at a moderator’s discretion). But seeing as I can’t edit yet, and I didn’t want to double-post/DERAIL the thread again I left it! ☺️

Anyway duly noted. I’ll try and be more concise.

Top Bottom