SE to announce new console RPG in December

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The report comes from an interview from a Japanese video game magazine, where the Square Enix president stated, “We’re preparing a brand new RPG title that is for consoles, and that is not a remake. We’ll make sequential announcements for it starting December.”

While it seems like he couldn’t say whether it’ll be for a handheld or home console, he added, “It’s a project that started since I’ve been inaugurated as the president, and it’s finally shaping up. We’ll come out with a bang and make announcements for it, both domestic and internationally.”

Sauce

Last edited:

Ghost X

I didn't realise handheld devices were called "consoles". I'm guessing this is a major release kind of thing, which I think Blade reported about in a thread recently, regarding business structure, etc. Can we speculate? FFXVI? :P

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Yeah, the opposing sentences in that article are confusing me. It is a console game, but while he could not say it was a console game, etc.

I guess my wish game is Parasite Eve 4 or new ip

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
With FFXVersus increasingly becoming less an urban legend, I guess they figured it was time to give the world a new unicorn to chase.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Well I'm glad they stopped spamming hand helds and are now ballsing up for consoles again.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
SE are also currently developing 2 FF titles for smart phones, one is called FFLegends: Crystals of time, the other is called Brave Exvius, though so far they're only confirmed for Japanese release, they actually don't look half bad.

http://www.androidauthority.com/two-new-final-fantasy-games-coming-android-year-568572/

Still it'll be nice to see a new actual console and not a handheld release for a new title if that's the way they're going.

Top Bottom