SE wants remake if it only takes a year to make

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
In the continued saga of SE not shutting the hell up about a remake, we've gotten this gem:

We've heard Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase say that he's interested in recreating Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation 3 many a time. Now though, Kitase has said that it would only happen if the facilities were there for the development team to remake the legendary title in a year.
Speaking in an interview with TechDigest, Kitase revealed:
"If it were possible that we had all the right facilities and the right environment to be able to make and prepare a Final Fantasy VII remake within a year, we'd very much like a go at it! But even Final Fantasy XIII has taken over three and a half years to create. If we were to recreate final Fantasy VII with the same level of graphical detail as you see in Final Fantasy XIII, we'd imagine that that would take as much as three or four times longer than the three and a half years it has taken to put this Final Fantasy together! So it's looking pretty unrealistic! But if any such situation came about by any remote chance, then yes, we'd do it!"
So its looking unrealistic, but there's still a glimpse of hope. The latest Final Fantasy instalment, XIII, releases next month for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

http://connectedconsoles.com/ps3-Square-Enix-Want-FFVII-Remake-If-It-Only-Takes-A-Year.cfm

Just holy shit what

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
You could also just ignore it. This guys just spouting bullshit obviously.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
SE, either announce the fucking remake officially or shut the hell up. You've been teasing us with a remake for years, its not funny or exciting anymore. Especially when you start throwing excuses around like "it may be too hard to make."

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
What's funny is the ridiculousness of the claim.

The only game I can remember this gen that took only a year is Uncharted 2, and for all it's incredible set pieces, action, and masterful art direction, it's a very linear action game.

Has there EVER been an RPG since psone that took only a year to make?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Does everyone see how much full of shit they are now? Jesus. I don't even need to say anything anymore.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Does everyone see how much full of shit they are now? Jesus. I don't even need to say anything anymore.

...what do you mean "now?" I don't recall you arguing such a position before with people. Your bawwwing about FFXIII isn't really the same thing.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fact they're only comfortable with making an FFVII remake if they can cut corners and shovel it out in a year is indicative of their current business practicum and lazy development that anyone with one eye open can see with FFXIII. It's pretty damn obvious.

First its too hard because of towns, and then it can only be done within a year. It's just so sad...or are you going to defend that?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is so not what I thought S-E RPGs would be on the next generation console. It's like they've evolved backwards. It's fucking pathetic. They really do need to get some new creative blood in there, and quit trying to dichotimize themselves from "western" development. It doesn't matter what side of the pacific a game is made. A good game, is a good game, and they need to stop thinking they're special, and fucking evolve.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The fact they're only comfortable with making an FFVII remake if they can cut corners and shovel it out in a year is indicative of their current business practicum and lazy development that anyone with one eye open can see with FFXIII. It's pretty damn obvious.

First its too hard because of towns, and then it can only be done within a year. It's just so sad...or are you going to defend that?

Did I defend anything, Neo Bahamut?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lol, fair enough.

I wonder though if it's actually laziness, or just what they've decided to focus on. Not that that changes anything, just musing. I just don't think they made the game linear because they were sitting around groaning about what a pain in the ass towns are to make, just that they wanted to make it what they did.

Making an RPG in a year is just laughable though. Has Square EVER made a game within a year?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Im starting to think there IS a remake going on and they're doing all this to make us think there isn't :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think it's funny that it said there is still a glimpse of hope, when really, all he said translates to:
"we'll make it..."
- ...when hell freezes over.
- ...when pigs learn to fly.
- ...on the 31st of February.
...and so on.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
At least they're coming up with impossible scenarios now as excuses.

Top Bottom