• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Secret Empire (Marvel)

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
So, as Marvel calls it, the "Opening Salvo" of their Secret Empire event was released last Wednesday (04/19/17) and I have to say...I feel like I've just been punched in the gut. This story is going to be fucking epic.

If you've not been reading Captain America: Steve Rogers then you have been missing out on some of the best storytelling Marvel has done in some time. For those not in the know, Secret Empire has been building since the first die was cast during the Avengers: Standoff!/Pleasant Hill event that took place last spring.
In that event, Steve Rogers had his youth and strength restored by the sentient cosmic cube, Kobik. What we didn't know at that time was that under the Red Skull's influence, Kobik implanted false memories into Steve's head making him believe that he has always been an under cover agent of Hydra.

As Captain America: Steve Rogers has gone along, it has cleverly woven in how
Rogers has slowly been building up to his master plan of Hydra taking over the world. Including the strings he had been pulling during the Civil War II event and the Red Skull's ultimate defeat and seeming demise. It has also given us insight into the false memories that Kobik implanted into Steve's mind and Steve's supposed new background.

Even knowing what has been building up in CA:SR, it was still a big punch to the gut to see the events finally start to unfold.
The way Rogers and Baron Zemo get rid of Bucky and bring the Thunderbolts back under Zemo's leadership. The way that Rogers basically pwned Roberto DaCosta and his A.I.M. team for not following orders from SHIELD. The surgical way that Rogers basically shuts down Captain Marvel and Alpha Flight, disables the heroes fighting in NYC, and then pulls the coup of the century by being granted full emergency powers by the government.
It was chilling to read and witness even though there has been all this build up.

If previous Marvel events over the last several years have left you with a bad taste in your mouth (or bored) then I think Secret Empire may just win you back. I have a feeling this is going to be a gut wrenching story with an even more gut wrenching finale.

It makes me wonder if this story will be the catalyst to bringing Reed & Sue back from the cosmos finally?

vaderSW1

I think this image perfectly summarizes the chilling and just heart wrenching events that start the Secret Empire Event:

SecretEmpire0-p27.jpg

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I haven't been keeping up with the events surrounding this, or the new Captain America comic for that matter, but damn that's one helluva twist with
implanting Steve with false memories and tricking him into thinking he's been a Hydra agent all along.
Hot damn. I saw something on Tumblr the other day (didn't bother to comment)
that showed Steve lifting Mjolnir into the air, and of course people were throwing a fit,
thinking Marvel is trying to normalize Nazis into being 'worthy' heroes or some such nonsense. Glad to see the truth behind it. That's some damn good storytelling.

vaderSW1

I haven't been keeping up with the events surrounding this, or the new Captain America comic for that matter, but damn that's one helluva twist with
implanting Steve with false memories and tricking him into thinking he's been a Hydra agent all along.
Hot damn. I saw something on Tumblr the other day (didn't bother to comment)
that showed Steve lifting Mjolnir into the air, and of course people were throwing a fit,
thinking Marvel is trying to normalize Nazis into being 'worthy' heroes or some such nonsense. Glad to see the truth behind it. That's some damn good storytelling.

Yeah, I saw the same thing lith. I'm looking forward to reading what that's all about. It's been speculated previously that
Steve is worthy enough to lift Mjolnir.
It should be an interesting tale made even more interesting by the fact that
based on some solicitations I've seen for forthcoming books, it looks like the Odinson himself is going to be making an appearance in this event. It should be interesting to see what role the Odinson plays in the outcome of this event since he was deemed unworthy.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Worth noting about Odinson:
He's unworthy, because the whisper he heard was that no gods are worthy of wielding that sort of power, and still very much believes that it's true.

X :neo:

Top Bottom