• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
It could be.

Miyazaki only said the Souls series was done when 3 was completed. IIRC he never said he was done with the idea of a SoulsBorne/Souls-like Genre game in general though.

A Bloodborne sequel shouldn't be ruled out, though From does have games with Shadow in the title such as Shadow Tower and they did work on Tenchu : Shadow Assassins.

I won't rule out Bloodborne but my money is on new ip or a reboot/remake of one of the games I mentioned.

Edit:

Worth noting this was posted on the From Soft official Facebook as well as the official Bloodborne Facebook page, but NOT the Dark Souls pages.

Tinfoil hat theory I saw on Reddit I thought was funny : A Microsoft Ad played for a lot of people when this mini teaser was revealed so now some people think it's confirmed to be a Playstation exclusive xD

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Maybe no Bloodborne sequel but it still looks interesting. At the very least they copied the dramatic slow door opening animation, :monster:. A more fast paced action type of souls game? Bit of Nioh?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yes, tons more gorgeous stuff to explore, crazy mobility stuff, intriguing obscure story through item descriptions, and cutscenes are only for dramatic effect and such, and fun as all hell & rewarding in the Souls sort of way.

The potential downsides he mentioned are:
• You lose half rather than everything on a first death, so it might feel more devastating dying in an odd way, even though there's a regen mechanic.
• Some parts of the attacks might be even harder than other Souls games, although some of that may be mitigated by the ability to weaken bosses with things in the level itself.
• The Sub-Bosses can be tough to get to, and makes dashing straight past things on repeated grinding or speed running rather annoying.

X :neo:

Random Nobody

local roach
but who the fuck programmed the combat targeting in this game and why is it worse and less responsive than any from game to date.

*gets near a wall*

sekiro camera:

n1tjpx.jpg

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Watching a lot of people streaming this, I was pleasantly surprised how souls-like it still seems. The bosses especially could easily be from one of the other games.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Haven't played a Tenchu game since the very first one on the PS1 (I assume that was the first), so I couldn't say. I thought they had a different fighting style though.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Are there any more hints that we might see more Bloodborne in this game? Like that stuff they found in that Deracine game?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Henlo I finally managed to finish Bloodborne (with DLC, just fucked up the Moon Presence but oh well) and got cracking on this.

First impressions: The gameplay / controls are really good, it's really fast while still feeling quite er, visceral? In that e.g. you can't turn on a time while running, stuff like that.

Difficulty so far is not as crushing as I was afraid of, but, there's some bosses I'm stuck at. Luckily these aren't mandatory bosses. I think. Examples:

Lady Butterfly; it's one of the first bosses in the game, and even though I feel quite far along in the game already (I'm beyond Ashina Castle atm) I still have a lot of trouble; got her down to a few % last time, used up all of my fancy items but still died due to shit mistakes though.)

something something Seven Spears, optional dude near Ashina Reservoir. I suck at parrying, that is all. I did try cheesing him, supposedly he can be stunlocked by jump kicks, Loaded Spear, firecrackers, oil + Flame Vent, buuut still no luck. He does a ton of damage and again, I suck at parrying.

There was an Apparition type dude in a dank cave (abandoned dungeon? Not sure), but he becomes relatively easy with Divine Confetti.

And I had trouble with a General right at the start of the Ashina Castle. Right after the Blazing Bull, which is another level of bullshit come to think of it.

The first (I assume) non-optional boss - also shown in some early gameplay footage / trailers IIRC, dude on a horse - was fun though.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Started this. Wow, I have died so much.

My instinct is to try to avoid combat in the levels, with the result that I am underlevelled against the bosses. One mistake is death.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Tried this again, made progress this time.
Sekiro: Hey boss, should we do something about the imminent invasion? Also, can you ask your soldiers to stop trying to kill me?

Kuro: Nah, we need to sever my immortality, and you need EXP.

Sekiro (Finds random items, returns. Fortress is overtaken by assassins.) So, about that imminent invasion...

Kuro: No, sever my immortality!

Sekiro (finds more random items, returns. Fortress is on fire.)

It's always fun to be sent on a quest for some super obscure well guarded item only to happen to have it in your pockets, though.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Isshin Ashina, man. Once he takes out the spear, I can't do much to him. I like it as a character beat, as his Ashina combat philosophy is 'whatever works'.

Bosses so far I needed strategy guide help with (may have forgotten some)

Chained Ogre.
Shinobi Hunter
Juzo the Drunkard
Corrupted Monk (Twice)
Long Armed Centipede Giraffe.

I also looked up where my rice dispenser had gone, and so found Kotaro in the Divine realm, so got lucky with that one.
Knowing this game, the rice is presumably made out of her blood or tearing out her liver and painfully growing it back or something.
Was pretty nervous about handing over the persimmons, as I was expecting some horrible side effect. She now appears to be undead, but nothing terrible has happened... so far.

Fun when the enemies start using your own tricks against you towards the end of the game, complete with extra lives.

The sidequests have very little motivation to complete them, as completing the questline results in the relevant NPC killing themselves or being murdered, and they don't even have good rewards really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom