Sephiroth Could Have Potentially Stopped Aging Like His Mother And Vincent

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Knowing how Lucrecia stopped aging after she was injected with Jenova cells, I think Sephiroth would have stopped aging as well.

I think he did stop ageing, didn't he? I don't know exactly how old he's supposed to be in the OG, but he doesn't look it.
On the other hand, though, now that I think about it - how would this 'stop ageing' thing work? Lucretia and Vincent received their various anti-ageing agents when they were already adults. Why would Sephiroth have aged to a certain stage (18?) and then stopped? Wouldn't it have made more sense if he'd never started ageing in the first place and stayed a baby forever?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^the mental imagery I'm getting is cracking me up.

Imagine. A super baby. The threat of the world.

But then, he wouldn't have had the mental capacities then to be the threat that he became....

So I guess the answer boils down to "Because PLOT, that's why." :monster:

Thanks for bringing up this matter, Jazz, this is a really amusing to think about.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think he would have been stuck looking 25 forever. Maybe the Jenova sells allow him to grow until a certain age.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
We're also talking about a dude whose body has variously been composed of a) the shapeshifting cellular material of a seemingly immortal alien lifeform and b) spiritual energy shaped and made manifest ... :monster:

Aging is probably the last thing on his mind.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Are we convinced Lucrecia stopped aging? In FF7 they weren't gonna make a whole new Lego model, so who knows what she was supposed to look like there. And in Dirge she looks the same, but she's actively sealed in a crystal which probably held her in stasis.

Meanwhile, SOLDIERs have Jenova cells and they age (see: old retired SOLDIER in Junon).

Sephiroth only "stopped" aging because Cloud killed him 5 years ago and he built a new body for himself, and of course made himself look as he did when he died.
And then, yeah, in Advent Children he's just a shapeshifted Jenova/negative spirit energy. So of course he'll look how he views himself.

Vincent's the only one who definitely doesn't age and that's from Hojo's experiments completely unrelated to Jenova.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Are we convinced Lucrecia stopped aging? In FF7 they weren't gonna make a whole new Lego model, so who knows what she was supposed to look like there. And in Dirge she looks the same, but she's actively sealed in a crystal which probably held her in stasis.

Meanwhile, SOLDIERs have Jenova cells and they age (see: old retired SOLDIER in Junon).

Sephiroth only "stopped" aging because Cloud killed him 5 years ago and he built a new body for himself, and of course made himself look as he did when he died.
And then, yeah, in Advent Children he's just a shapeshifted Jenova/negative spirit energy. So of course he'll look how he views himself.

Vincent's the only one who definitely doesn't age and that's from Hojo's experiments completely unrelated to Jenova.

Then again Sephiroth was injected with them as a fetus.

Top Bottom