Sephiroth vs Ardyn Who would win?

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Okay so I have to be honest the sephiroth vs glauca would be unfair but I am going on Dissidia here so, Sephiroth with all abilities Dissidia that is and Ardyn all his abilities via Dissidia and any from ffxv same with sephiroth.

So who would win? It could be either though you know who I would go for lol I love Ardyn but Sephiroth will always be my top favorite villain now if sephiroth does use his full potential it will be against Ardyn who can use his full potential besides both we never seen use full potential but this is based on their Dissidia moveset and moves from respective games.

So who do you think would win either answer I would not mind I love both I just lean towards Sephiroth more

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Again, it depends on the player's ability.

Now for the story, I'd be more interested on those two playing mind games. I guess they would make a contest to see who traumatizes their rivals more and more effectively, who is crueller, who delivers the most stylish stabbing, whose coat is the coolest, you know, evil guy things... :monster:

I guess Sephiroth would be pissed at Ardyn's black wing accesory, but that's me.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Again, it depends on the player's ability.

Now for the story, I'd be more interested on those two playing mind games. I guess they would make a contest to see who traumatizes their rivals more and more effectively, who is crueller, who delivers the most stylish stabbing, whose coat is the coolest, you know, evil guy things... :monster:

I guess Sephiroth would be pissed at Ardyn's black wing accesory, but that's me.
Lol well sephiroth tolerated Kefka in NT so sephiroth might tolerate Ardyn and sephiroth might say to Ardyn how interesting he has a black wing thing then shows Ardyn a real black wing.

Yeah sometimes the interactions in Dissidia are neat, this battle nothing to do with players though it is more of if it was real type deal, you are right though it more or less depends on skill then anything I think they might get along quite well

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
This'd be fun. It'd end up being like three hours of Sephiroth cutting him into pieces and getting increasing frustrated that Ardyn can't be killed
More like sephiroth fascinated and would try to find a way to use it to his advantage and ardyn might even agree to help hell might even make geostigma stronger with the scourge

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I don't get into who would win, but I will say that I like Ardyn more than Sephiroth.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
, this battle nothing to do with players though it is more of if it was real type deal, you are right though it more or less depends on skill then anything I think they might get along quite well

Okay, then!

You happened to choose my two absolute favorite FF villains ever, so...

Right, in terms of strength they two of them are almost equal. They are also quite intelligent and experienced warriors, but I'd say that Ardyn would have the upper hand. Sephiroth is an enhanced, alien hybrid supersoldier. Ardyn is immortal. Hell incarnate, if you wish.

So, no matter how much effort Shephiroth might put into it, Ardyn would wear him out in the end. He might even try to experiment if the scourge also affects someone who is half human.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Sephrioth vs Ardyn is interesting because they have more in common then they do differences. At least when it comes to what they draw their power from. Both have control of a disease-like thing that has infected their planets. Jenova/Geostigma and the Scourge are very, very similar. Both are diseases that warp whoever they come in contact with into monsters and let Sephrioth and Ardyn exert control over the beings that were infected with both of them.

Both Sephiroth and Ardyn have been around for a crazy long time too. Sephiroth might not have been alive for a crazy long time, but he does have the knowledge of the Lifestream that goes back millennia. Ardyn has been nursing a grudge for two thousand years and has quite literally been unable to die. So both of them have a crazy amount of knowledge and control they can bring to a fight.

Honestly, they're very well matched. I think the winner would depend on who's diseases was stronger (Jenova/Geostigma vs Scourge). When it comes to their combat prowess... I'd say they're about the same if we don't count their Super-boss modes. But even with their Super-boss modes, neither of them can be killed in conventional ways. Sephrioth is... technically already dead, he's just too stubborn to stay that way. Ardyn literally can't die unless it's Noctis who kills him because his planet's analouge of the Lifestream rejects him.

Where I think you'd see the biggest difference is in how they would interact with each other outsdie of a fight. Sephrioth is... pretty much incapable of any suitability. Ardyn, for all his flamboyance, is a lot better at using those tactics. So I can see Ardyn messing around with Sephrioth's head way better then Sephrioth could mess around with Ardyn's. For all that Sephrioth loves messing around with Cloud, that all depends on him having a psychic and physical link into Cloud's head. We don't really see him messing around with anyone else in the FFVII cast that way. Meanwhile, Ardyn doesn't need anything that extreme to utterly emotionally wreck the main cast of FFXV.

So yeah... I think Ardyn would win, not necessarily because he's physically stronger (and probably has a harder time dying), but because he'd get into Sephrioth's head far faster and with a lot more effectiveness then Sephrioth would get into his.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Okay, then!

You happened to choose my two absolute favorite FF villains ever, so...

Right, in terms of strength they two of them are almost equal. They are also quite intelligent and experienced warriors, but I'd say that Ardyn would have the upper hand. Sephiroth is an enhanced, alien hybrid supersoldier. Ardyn is immortal. Hell incarnate, if you wish.

So, no matter how much effort Shephiroth might put into it, Ardyn would wear him out in the end. He might even try to experiment if the scourge also affects someone who is half human.
Sephiroth would likely be immune to the scourge considering his jenova cells and the great control he has, Ardyn would indeed see how it would effect those with mako enhancements.

The reason sephiroth would be uneffected not only cause of jenova cells but with him absorbing knowledge and such from Lifestream he would most likely just leave Ardyn to his devices of course Ardyn might lose cause he is so focused on one person and his vengeance I wish we had a death Battle of the two but that will never happen

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Sephrioth vs Ardyn is interesting because they have more in common then they do differences. At least when it comes to what they draw their power from. Both have control of a disease-like thing that has infected their planets. Jenova/Geostigma and the Scourge are very, very similar. Both are diseases that warp whoever they come in contact with into monsters and let Sephrioth and Ardyn exert control over the beings that were infected with both of them.

Both Sephiroth and Ardyn have been around for a crazy long time too. Sephiroth might not have been alive for a crazy long time, but he does have the knowledge of the Lifestream that goes back millennia. Ardyn has been nursing a grudge for two thousand years and has quite literally been unable to die. So both of them have a crazy amount of knowledge and control they can bring to a fight.

Honestly, they're very well matched. I think the winner would depend on who's diseases was stronger (Jenova/Geostigma vs Scourge). When it comes to their combat prowess... I'd say they're about the same if we don't count their Super-boss modes. But even with their Super-boss modes, neither of them can be killed in conventional ways. Sephrioth is... technically already dead, he's just too stubborn to stay that way. Ardyn literally can't die unless it's Noctis who kills him because his planet's analouge of the Lifestream rejects him.

Where I think you'd see the biggest difference is in how they would interact with each other outsdie of a fight. Sephrioth is... pretty much incapable of any suitability. Ardyn, for all his flamboyance, is a lot better at using those tactics. So I can see Ardyn messing around with Sephrioth's head way better then Sephrioth could mess around with Ardyn's. For all that Sephrioth loves messing around with Cloud, that all depends on him having a psychic and physical link into Cloud's head. We don't really see him messing around with anyone else in the FFVII cast that way. Meanwhile, Ardyn doesn't need anything that extreme to utterly emotionally wreck the main cast of FFXV.

So yeah... I think Ardyn would win, not necessarily because he's physically stronger (and probably has a harder time dying), but because he'd get into Sephrioth's head far faster and with a lot more effectiveness then Sephrioth would get into his.
Sephiroth would be immune cause jenova I found out tried to control sephiroth but Sephiroth overpowered her and became him controlling her and since sephiroth has such power he might be quite resistant to Ardyn, sephiroth could be Ardyn in that area sephiroth could use illusions of somnus to his advantage both disease are curable stigma via aerith and scourge via Oracle and the king of ligt.

I agree though Ardyn would be hard to mind rape but so would sephiroth so it more or less depends on how strong their mentally abilities are then anything else in my opinion

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Neither wins.

They instead become friends and relish in their shared hatred of humanity and attachment to interstellar forces of mass destruction. :monster:
Lol in Dissidia nt they would I mean hell sephiroth is friends with Kefka and ex death despite being a loner even as a villain, when Kefka made a dumb joke sephiroth actually smiled at kefka's craziness so Ardyn and him getting along would not be that farfetched besides both have enemies who are spiky haired emos lol and love to mind rape them Ardyn does cause Noctis looks like somnus while cloud is just fucked with cause sephiroth can.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon

One of the things that I think make Ardyn so compelling as a villain is precisely what you mention: that he's an excellent, insidious manipulator. Whereas Sephiroth is focused on his obsession and grudge with Cloud, with mass extintion as a side effect of his plans, Ardyn extends it to an entire bloodline, and then the gods themselves, and my god, how it works, just to prove a point.

Sephiroth wanted to become a god, while Ardyn didn't give a fuck about anything as long as he got his curse lifted and the Lucis erased from existence. Sephiroth can be defeated, even if he keeps coming back like a Castlevania antagonist, while Ardyn... he won already by the time the events in Kingsglaive start, he knew it, and he made sure to rub it in the face of Regis and everyone else.

The moment I finished Episode Prompto was the moment Ardyn's capabilities really sank in. I mean, someone who can convince the head of scientific investigation of an empire that uploading his conscience on a giant, burrowing, metal giant worm (easily dispatched by a machine gun turret) was a good idea deserves a trophy as the biggest troll in known history.

Neither wins.

They instead become friends and relish in their shared hatred of humanity and attachment to interstellar forces of mass destruction. :monster:

Or... they could do that too. You know, I actually see them sharing tips and tricks on how to better mindfuck their rivals :awesome:

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
One of the things that I think make Ardyn so compelling as a villain is precisely what you mention: that he's an excellent, insidious manipulator. Whereas Sephiroth is focused on his obsession and grudge with Cloud, with mass extintion as a side effect of his plans, Ardyn extends it to an entire bloodline, and then the gods themselves, and my god, how it works, just to prove a point.

Sephiroth wanted to become a god, while Ardyn didn't give a fuck about anything as long as he got his curse lifted and the Lucis erased from existence. Sephiroth can be defeated, even if he keeps coming back like a Castlevania antagonist, while Ardyn... he won already by the time the events in Kingsglaive start, he knew it, and he made sure to rub it in the face of Regis and everyone else.

The moment I finished Episode Prompto was the moment Ardyn's capabilities really sank in. I mean, someone who can convince the head of scientific investigation of an empire that uploading his conscience on a giant, burrowing, metal giant worm (easily dispatched by a machine gun turret) was a good idea deserves a trophy as the biggest troll in known history.

Or... they could do that too. You know, I actually see them sharing tips and tricks on how to better mindfuck their rivals :awesome:
True however now with remake sephiroth actually now has a better chance in succeeded in his plans if remake ending has anything to go by verstael was already like that long before Ardyn even suggested such Ardyn just pushed him along

Top Bottom