Sephiroth's Mathematical Equations

Daikini-San

Currently in another Dimension
AKA
Iku-Ne
Hey all! I'm looking for someone who's really good in math and science to understand what Sephiroth's mathematical equations mean and be able to comprehend what it all means. If I'm not mistaken, I think it's Calculus. Apologizes for the small and blurry picture, it's the best I could find. If anyone finds something clearer, let me know. :)

7b-sephiroth_supernova_symbols.jpg

I don't personally know the answer, but this wiki entry describes the equations of the Supernova attack. The diagram is also explained as being "Ptolemy's diagram".

The equations used at the start of Sephiroth's Super Nova are of no coincidence and are genuine equations used in Astrophysics. They are as follows:

5b5d00ed78b86dd244ce285b11289429.png

c89cd74f80e392fb3aca7ac1bf396b43.png

3dc5657036503044f959af76eb96fb8f.png

e9c20b0e4703ce04c073ed710da96834.png

The first two equations calculate the sun's and planet's potential attractive forces, however it incorrectly uses gamma instead of lambda. The third equation calculates the Earth's potential attractive forces and the fourth misstates that the asteroid is working on a two-dimensional level, as it is the equation for the area of a circle, all to direct the energy used to cause the supernova. However, it should be noted that the sun cannot actually supernova, being too small to explode in such a fashion.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I'm looking for someone who's really good in math and science
I fit the first half of that description, at least in theory – I'm a math major. :monster:

But I'm not sure what I can add. Shademp's source already seems to have it covered. The equations are definitely from the realm of physics, not (pure) math. I don't see any calculus.

euouae

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I searched here wondering about the equations. (Thanks for the nifty answers!) I can add one more small but interesting fact to this, and haven't seen anywhere else online where anyone shared it.

The Latin inscription on the outside of the circle says, "The realm of the sky is the home of God and of all his elect."

Imaginos

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Desdenova
It is an alchemic equation. Most likely Sephiroth wanted to summon a specific supernova, maybe even one from the remnants of his mother Jenova's home planet. In order to do so, he would have had to summon the correct alchemic elements (gold, silver, platinum etc) and know the exact quantites of those elements present in the meteor in question.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
But I'm not sure what I can add. Shademp's source already seems to have it covered. The equations are definitely from the realm of physics, not (pure) math. I don't see any calculus.

It's vector calculus. The upside down delta ∇ means the partial derivative of a 3-dimensional vector. See here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divergence

I started my degree (a decade ago) studying Maths and Physics, but then quickly changed it to Maths and Computer Science because I absolutely hated this stuff. Lol you never need to solve 3rd order PDEs in anything computer science related.

Top Bottom