• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sephiroth's Will.

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
Sorry if this is a noobish question, but it is ever explained in the original game or any title of the Compilation, why Sephiroth's will is so strong?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
For some reason, I thought this was a thread about Sephiroth leaving his inheritence.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I've always assumed it's at least partially because he inherited by far the most powers from Jenova.

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
It's not as if he was some kind of random mook, after all. He was a extremely powerful individual who "inherited" several powers from a vastly powerful cosmic horror, so it can be assumed that his will is just part of his raw power. By the end of FFVII all this multiplies, having accumulated so much power and knowledge from the Planet.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
In video games, Willpower = Magic power

Funny, but true.

Anyway, I mostly think its a combination of two things working together. Jenova cells as we know can control beings they infest, take over your mind, absorb memories, all kinds of whacky stuff. Its clear theres some pretty strong mind based powers there. Sephiroth of course is loaded full of these cells, and has been since before his birth. I assume that his will is the result of his human sentience working in combination with those cells and those abilities. Sephiroth may also have been just a naturally strong willed dude to begin with regardless of those cells. So I think its those things in combinationt hat make his will what it is.

Of course his willpower would also have increased by FFVII as a result of all the knowledge he absorbed from the lifestream.

Wolfmania

Saint of Killers
Sephiroth's will is certainly no joke.

It's even stronger than the planet's will(Lifestream/Minerva) during VII.

Even though in FFVII he loses to Cloud in a battle of wills, in AC he becomes absolute again in AC(probabl becasue he is now literally akin to a god like Minerva because of his own Lifestream).

My guess is his existential force has always been stronger, like Cloud.

They both go on to talk about how they were always different from the other kids, how they were special, etc...

Top Bottom