• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus-Final Fantasy VII after Remake?

What will Square Enix do after FFVII Remake?

• Sequel to Dirge of Cerberus next

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • PS4 port of Dirge of Cerberus next

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ending FFVII franchise all together

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • PS4 Remaster of Crisis Core Next

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I know what you're all thinking. "There she goes again, talking about Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and wanting it to continue-blah, blah, blah", and yes, it's very possible it won't continue(still holding hopes that I'm wrong).

BUT, before anyone says that it's already confirmed, no, it isn't confirmed that the series has ended nor it's confirmed to have been cancelled or anything like that, because Square Enix hasn't confirmed it just yet. The closest thing they've mentioned about FFVII lately for the last few years is Cloud appearing in other FF games or last year, the Remake, and Shelke appearing in World of Final Fantasy.

So, I'm still holding onto the hopeful honest truth from Nomura or anyone from Square Enix to confirm this because everyone else not working for Square does not really count as confirming the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII.

Anyway, my next hope is that they'll continue the Compilation by making a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus, or at least make a PS4 port of the game since they Ported the original game for PS4 and re-releasing Advent Children, and then once the Remake is released then maybe a sequel to Dirge would be made.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Voted. To say I'd love an HD remaster of Crisis Core to PS4. Like Square plz.
Still having my copy of Crisis Core and my fat PSP, the graphics on the nearly decade old system tear a considerable amount when going from FMV --->In-Game cutscene---->In -Game Dialouge/Not Voice Acted parts.

Yea an HD version of CC would be amazing.

However I truly also feel that the Remake may be the last thing we see of 7's Franchise, just due to that quote that roughly said the Compilation would last until 2017, but then again the Remake is going past 2017. However Shelke in WoFF is a very good indication they haven't forgotten about it. So there is hope we will see something after the Remake.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
BUT, before anyone says that it's already confirmed, no, it isn't confirmed that the series has ended nor it's confirmed to have been cancelled or anything like that, because Square Enix hasn't confirmed it just yet.

Why would anyone say that? You're the one who always says they're abandoning the Compilation while we all tell you they've said nothing of the sort.

However I truly also feel that the Remake may be the last thing we see of 7's Franchise, just due to that quote that roughly said the Compilation would last until 2017, but then again the Remake is going past 2017.

You guys really need to let go of this statement. It was made like 7 years ago by Yoichi Wada. Then-president of Square who a) was terrible, and b) got fired. There is literally no reason to expect them to hold to this. I mean you acknowledge right here that they're already breaking it with the remake. It obviously doesn't matter.

I highly doubt that they're thinking of anything other than the remake right now. But if the remake does well - and they would really have to screw up for it not to - I see no reason why they wouldn't do more. Dirge performed so poorly, I rather doubt they would remaster it, but I could see a remaster of Crisis Core or even a post-Dirge sequel down the road. But not for a long time, this multi-game remake thing is going to take a long-ass time.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They won't end the FFVII franchise altogether, i expect an HD version of Crisis Core to happen while FFVII parts are coming out or not at all, and I think they know DoC wasn't a success so the first option.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I would really love to see an HD remaster of CC and DoC. I'm not sure which I want to see first, really. I like Vincent's story more than Zack's... but CC was the better game overall.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
You guys really need to let go of this statement. It was made like 7 years ago by Yoichi Wada. Then-president of Square who a) was terrible, and b) got fired.

This is something I wasn't aware happened. That's actually good news then.

Lex

Administrator
His actual statement was "the Compilation of FFVII could last 20 years", and it was made during a time when Crisis Core and ACC were coming out, and there were potentially more Compilation titles in the works.

We now know that the Compilation will go well beyond 20 years by virtue of the remake alone (which is if you define the Compilation like I do, i.e. all FFVII titles). Which was a decision made after Wada was... I don't want to say fired. but yeah he was totally fired wasn't he

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
That explains why the Shinra Company in New York only lasted just one year.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
It was made like 7 years ago by Yoichi Wada. Then-president of Square who a) was terrible, and b) got fired.

So I've been out of the loop for a long time. Was it pure coincidence that the remake was announced right as this joker was walking out the door?

@ thread: an original entry would be nice, I guess. Doesn't necessarily need to be a direct sequel.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I doubt anything huge will be coming out until well after the Remake and all it's parts are released, but since we're just spitballing what I would like to see (during or after the FFVII Remake's release) would be a release of something sorta similar to the Kingdom Hearts HD Remixes, one release containing HD remasters of Dirge of Cerebus and Crisis Core on one disc (or cartridge if SquareEnix does FF titles for the Nintendo Switch) as well as an added bonus of perhaps a remake of Before Crisis done in the style of Type-0?
Basically a 3-in-1 HD release would be my ideal.

Then after all that I would definitely be interested in perhaps seeing a FFVII-2 game that took place chronologically after Dirge of Cerebus.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I doubt anything huge will be coming out until well after the Remake and all it's parts are released, but since we're just spitballing what I would like to see would be perhaps a release of something similar to the Kingdom Hearts HD Remixes, one release containing HD remasters of Dirge of Cerebus and Crisis Core on one disc (or cartridge if SquareEnix does FF titles for the Nintendo Switch) as well as an added bonus of perhaps a remake of Before Crisis done in the style of Type-0?
Basically a 3-in-1 HD release would be my ideal.

Then after that I would definitely be interested in perhaps seeing a FFVII-2 game that took place chronologically after Dirge of Cerebus.

HD Remasters of Dirge of Cerberbus and Crisis Core along with a Remake of Before Crisis in a style with Type-0 and a sequel set after Dirge of Cerberus are what I've been waiting for, for years more than a Remake. The Remake was the last thing I was expecting.

hian

Purist
Expect downloadable expansion packs to the base of VII Remake, containing episodes for CC, AC and DoC.

Yep. Or rather, containing new stand-in material for where BC, CC, AC and DoC used to be in relation to the original game, loosely based on the source material.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
OK, I could totally go for a Type-O BC with an improved plot. On a different platform they could change a lot about it.

I have been thinking of the gameplay of the Before Crisis remake to be similiar to Crisis Core with a little hint of Type-0 and Kingdom Hearts.

They had talked about having the remake for 3DS two years ago, but that's zill to a definate silent "no", unfortunately. I AM hoping that now with FFXV out of the way, Tabata can re-think on doing a remake of Before Crisis, but knowing my luck, he'll most likely go for Type-Next as his new project.:(

Expect downloadable expansion packs to the base of VII Remake, containing episodes for CC, AC and DoC.

Yep. Or rather, containing new stand-in material for where BC, CC, AC and DoC used to be in relation to the original game, loosely based on the source material.

Or maybe DLC of CG episodes of "On the Way to a Smile" and/or maybe a new secret ending set after the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus.

Maybe even a new ending that you can only get when you get certain things just before the final battle against Sephiroth sort of thing that connects to Advent Children. But again, most likely not.:'(

Top Bottom