• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Set Sail for Fail: Reviewing Airborne Brigade

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The funniest definition for 'LP' I could come up with was 'Labia Polyps'

God it sounds awful, its as if they've condensed all the minor irritations from every FF into one single polished turd-diamond.

Still, I got a good laugh out of the review, even if you've shortened your lifespan considerably by playing it Tres. So thanks I guess :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Hahaha fantastic Tres, and a good read. I definitely enjoyed it. Doesn't BP stand for Battle Points? I haven't played this, and I don't think I'll be picking it up at any point.

I was going to ask you to centre the YouTube video, but since it's at the end of the article I think it's pretty fine where it is :).

AvecAloes

Donator
Lex said:
Doesn't BP stand for Battle Points?

Makes more sense than the "Brigade Points" that I thought of (which is way more appropriate than any other things I thought of :desu: ).

So there's no music or sound to even listen to while you're mindlessly tapping the screen once every 5-10 seconds? No choice as far as tactics of any sort go? You can't even choose to heal yourself during a battle against an esper? Yeah, no.

Square! Why do you fail SO DAMN HARD at mobile games? Just. Stop.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah, they really need to dial it back fifteen years and focus on one product at a time. It's getting a bit embarrassing to look at.

Ah Tres, could you possibly add a link to this forum thread at the bottom of your article?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Makes more sense than the "Brigade Points" that I thought of (which is way more appropriate than any other things I thought of :desu: ).

So there's no music or sound to even listen to while you're mindlessly tapping the screen once every 5-10 seconds? No choice as far as tactics of any sort go? You can't even choose to heal yourself during a battle against an esper? Yeah, no.

You cannot heal, no. :monster:

The closest thing to any sort of strategy formulating you will do is trying to bank up access to sufficient BP to cause a lot of damage to an Esper-class enemy in a short period of time. So, in anticipation of another brigade member encountering Deathgaze, you might stop just shy of leveling up, conserve your Potions and Ethers, and wait to go into it with your BP already full as well.

I didn't mention this in the article to keep it from getting too complicated, but you can also trade in 100 points of SP (this one is actually explained to stand for Support Points) for 1 BP, but you can only earn 300 SP per day, and you can only trade it for up to 3 BP per day. It's also pretty stupid how you earn the SP.

You get it from sending messages to other players (45 for other brigade members, 15 for non-brigade members) or posting on your brigade's shoutbox (45 for this). It's called a "forum" in-game, but it's just a shoutbox with a 75-character limit per post. You can probably guess what this leads to: spamming other players with pointless messages or a shoutbox of nothing but "Sp" posts.

Oh, and you can only earn SP every two hours. :monster:

EDIT: Oh! And I forgot to mention this in the article, and will edit it in. Each round with the Esper-class enemies only allows you to attack them for three of their turns before they temporarily escape. This is a limitation on top of the overall time limit you already deal with.

AvecAloes said:
Square! Why do you fail SO DAMN HARD at mobile games? Just. Stop.

This.

Last edited:

AvecAloes

Donator
Tres, everything you say about this game just makes it sound worse, even taking into account that you have actually logged significant time in the game. Or perhaps that just helps cement your complaints. Yeah, actually, that.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm only going to keep playing until next Monday night to maintain my ranking in the top 2,000 players through the end of this Deathgaze event. There's a Floating Continent background prize I can get in the top 500-2,000 spots that wouldn't be available in the prize sets below that.

But, yeah, once that's done, I am so over this game.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
They never focused on just one product at a time, certainly not 10-15 years ago.

Look how many games they released from 97 to 99 alone

You're right.

Tobal
Final Fantasy VII
Bushido Blade
Tobal 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
SaGa Frontier P
Front Mission 2
Final Fantasy VII International
Einhänder
Front Mission Alternative
Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon
Xenogears
Bushido Blade 2
Parasite Eve
Brave Fencer Musashi
Ehrgeiz
Final Fantasy VIII P
Final Fantasy VI
Chocobo Racing
SaGa Frontier 2

These are some of the most iconic games of Square's entire run in just two years. So what happened to them where they can make all these great games in a short period of time, but they can't reproduce that success now?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Thanks for the review; great to have it on the front page. I was wondering, is it possible to spend extra cash on items to make LP/BP acquisition go faster, similar to buying items to speed up revival in All the Bravest?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Force: Yeah, how do you fuck this up? Every FF that has made summons a central element before has been fantastic -- iconic of the series even. Here, you can't even summon the bastards whenever you want. Not only are they rare to receive (beating them doesn't earn them for play; you get them as event prizes), but they also have to charge up over the course of many Esper-class battles they don't assist you with. They only show up once about every 20 BP battles, and even then only if you go for an All-Out Attack (3 BP battle) when they are charged.

Wonder if I should edit that into the article.

Flint: Thanks, and you're welcome :monster:

Also, yes. If you get other Mobage games or spend real money, you will earn MobaCoins you can purchase sets of Vomp Carrots and restorative items with. For that dollar, you only get a measly 100 MobaCoins, though (enough for three Vomp Carrots, 1 X-Potion and a Turbo Ether).

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I decided I'd go ahead and edit all this other info into the second half of the article. I don't think it made it too complicated in the end after all.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's almost like they're reading this and wanted to prove they could make the game even worse. The amount of LP consumed to advance per tap in the FFVI region just increased from 3 to 4.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, "Deathgaze's Onslaught" is over. My final ranking was 976 out of 10,000; and my stats as of the event's end were:

Lv. 101
Warrior Lv. 8
Monk Lv. 20 (Mastered)
ATK 113,106
DEF 112,200

And I is done. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Oh, those rat bastards. The new event is "Calamity from the Skies." You explore Midgar. You fight Jenova. You get Cloud, Tifa and Aerith as summons. You can earn their abilities. You can get the Tiny Bronco.

No. I'm not getting sucked back into this. I'm just uninstalling the game. Fuck them.

Top Bottom