Shadow of the Colossus (PS3&4) and Ico PS3 Remake

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103470-Ico-Officially-Leads-Colossus-to-PS3-in-HD

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1120651p1.html

http://kotaku.com/5638207/ico-shadow-of-the-colossus-confirmed-for-playstation-3-re+release

Awesome, Is been talked about for a while, but now it's official and personally I cant wait. Its not really a full "remake", but still remastered in HD. Shadow of the Colossus was one of my all time favorites and was truly a PS2 game that should have been on the PS3 in the first place IMO. Plus my freakin sister broke my ps2 and has yet to replace it, so i cant even use my old copy right now.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But did it make you cum in your pants is the important question? :monster:

And is this to make up for not showing us anything about The Last Guardian?! :rage:
...because...it kinda does...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The second screen mentions ICO & Wander to Kyozo (ワンダと巨像) which is the Japanese SOTC. It's confirmed, but I can't tell much more than that. (My Japanese is rather rusty, and the images are pretty small). Hito~ HELP!

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd buy this.

If I could convince myself I still like video games and spending my evenings on them, then decide on a 360 or ps3, then work out through all the win games I've missed so far.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Both games will be optimised to run at a solid 30 frames-per-second, while both have also benefited from extensive re-texturing to ensure that their high definition debuts on the PlayStation 3 look as nice as possible. Both games will also be playable in 3D, should you have the tech. (This I'm actually intrigued by, because of any games I'd want a subtle immersive 3D effect for, these are great options, though I HIGHLY doubt I'll have the technology to try it).

Also, The Last Guardian looks stunning and is due out in the Holiday Season of 2011.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
But don't they just have to recode some stuff and burn it on a Blu-Ray? :(

That stuff'll take a year if you put just a small team on it, :monster:. I dunno how much work it is to convert PS2 code to PS3 (although I'm sure there's tricks for it and you only have to replace relatively small bits).

Of course, I've no clue how game programming works. Nor what kinda team is working on it. For all we know, they have to rewrite the whole engine and redo all the textures and shit.

But anyways. The HD versions look sweet. While not as rich in details as other PS3 / next gen games, the higher resolution and better textures make the games look very acceptable.

(I plugged in GoW on my EPIC NEW GIGANTIC HD TV the other day, still looked very playable then. Original version, btw.)

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Release date is set for 9/22/2011 in Japan.

deif63c7vkz73wlyn2ackbqcib7jq92r.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Only played SotC and will gladly play it again in HD together with Ico.

Now I only hope we get a nice looking box as well.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
omg

*fangasims*

I am so excited you guys don't even know. <3

Ico and SotC were already gorgeous enough on the PS2. Playing them in HD, well, I'd say more but it would be borderline inappropriate... :P

Top Bottom