• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Shadow of the Colossus

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Re: [split] Shadow of the Colossus

It depends on what you do and how quickly you do it. I've heard some people say they beat it in sixteen hours. I can't remember how long it took me but it wasn't long.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

I plan to only do the basic stuff for now, but I'll probably get distracted and start doing other things anyway :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

It'll probably take five to seven hours if you play it normally like I did, i.e. I didn't hunt for lizards or fruit (and didn't actually know that, as a matter of fact). But it kinda depends on how good you are in general with games and how quickly you can see the solution (or whether you're using a walkthrough).

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Only use a walkthrough as a last resort. Walkthroughs are LAME. :duhard:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

Yup, but there's some games that are just dreadful to play or those on which you lose a big chunk of the game's story slash content if you don't use one. I had to backtrack a load in FFVII to get Vincent / Yuffie, for example, and they've made him into one of the more important characters to the Compilation story.

Rem

Lv. 25 Adventurer

Possibly the best game of all time <3 I feel bad for not having finished it more times. Hem let me put it this way..I have over 100 games and this one is one of about four that I would consider giving 10/10 to! This game is about as close as they get to works of art AND the game play is good too ;D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well ya, but Shadow's got a lot of elements from Zelda as well. The two are pretty much interchangeable, although both have their specifics - I mean, SotC is massively epic.

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Almost every boss was epic in shadow. Cept maybe the first. So has anyone heard the rummor of an online Shadow of the Colossus being unveiled at GDC?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
...I fail to see how they'd make SotC both an online game and good at the same time. I wouldn't mind a carbon-copy of the original one with better graphics, some more varied gameplay (i.e. include smaller enemies), a story that makes sense without forcing you to first play the entire game before getting to the actual story, and then some other small points.

Online just wouldn't do it. But they (the team that worked on SotC / Ico) have been working on their next title, so an announcement about their current project would be win in any case.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah, that's more like a co-op game. That could work, but still, I don't have a PS3 nor friends, so I wouldn't be able to play it :monster:.

Also, lol @ the secrecy around the game.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Epically expensive, more like, lololol :monster:.

I'll do as I did with the PS2 - wait until they make a cheap slimline version.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
True, but I waited four years or so for the PS2, if it wasn't more. Speaking of, I should go bargain hunting for games for that one one of these days - there's plenty of people selling dozens of games in one go for reasonable prices.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The only people that should be making a SotC movie is studio Ghibli.

Also, lol @ps3 being "epically expensive".

Top Bottom